• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Dilly

Banned
Looks like Alonso will get a penalty because Honda is going to make modifications to the engines.

Why don't they do this more often? They don't have the pace to finish in the points, they don't have the reliability and they say it's a test season anyway.

Risgroo

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT2| PissedOff Honda

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT2| The Power of Dreams

m0uiY30.gif

aBu810Z.gif

I know we won't make it to OT2, shaddap.

sam777

Unless Alonso comes 1st am I right in thinking that he will get a time penalty?
Which is daft because the driver will have already been punished. I think this happened with a few of the drivers last race.

Juicy Bob

Mastah

Monumental fight between Red Bull and McLaren:

Jon Noble ‏@NobleF1 42m42 minutes ago

Decision made: Red Bull will change engines on both Daniel Ricciardo and Daniil Kvyat's cars for Austrian GP

Who will start last? Who will take the harshest penalty? This is so exciting!

Dunno if anyone saw the drivers' press conference but Ricciardo looked like he really wanted to race at Le Mans. And even Vettel.

Lewis of course doesn't care about Le Mans:

"I didn’t watch it," Hamilton said. "I honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen Le Mans. It’s not something I’ve ever been particularly interested in. Naturally I love cars but it’s not been something I’ve ever wanted to do so I don’t plan to."

Too fucking #blessed for Le Mans.

Sorry, but I just can't imagine a petrolhead not wanting to take part at least once in their life. I can only assume that he's just playing the corporate line for F1 right now.

olore

Or just is so focused on F1 right now to really consider anything else. Ok, maybe some Daimler-izm in that quote too aka balancing the corporate line

FStop7

Banned
Dunno if anyone saw the drivers' press conference but Ricciardo looked like he really wanted to race at Le Mans. And even Vettel.

Not sure why but that Lewis quote made me legitimately cringe.

F1 has been trash compared to Le Mans for the past several years.

Ricciardo should've participated in the GAF thread if he watched 18 hours, damnit!

Heh, if only.

It seems some of the drivers are really interested - Button, Grosjean, even Kimi if Ferrari do a LMP1 programme (LOL) - only Britney and #blessed don't seem to care.

Considering Le Mans is sacred to the FIA so no F1 race can happen during the same weekend, we might see more drivers at Le Mans.

Just hope ACO doesn't go forward with new regulations to slow down the LMP1s.

Ark

Heh, if only.

It seems some of the drivers are really interested - Button, Grosjean, even Kimi if Ferrari do a LMP1 programme (LOL) - only Britney and #blessed don't seem to care.

Considering Le Mans is sacred to the FIA so no F1 race can happen during the same weekend, we might see more drivers at Le Mans.

Just hope ACO doesn't go forward with new regulations to slow down the LMP1s.

It's hilarious how long it took the ACO to swallow their pride and move Le Mans to a non-F1 weekend.

jambo

Ayrton Senna never really did much with Le Mans, so of course Hamilton wouldn't care about it.

dubc35

Ayrton Senna never really did much with Le Mans, so of course Hamilton wouldn't care about it.
Solid point.

Not everyone has to love Le Mans. I certainly don't. I'd much rather be at a Lydden Hill/Brands Hatch watching some old shitboxes race around.
Another solid point, people like different things. Has Lewis ever been interested in closed wheel racing? He seems to have always been in karts and open wheel cars.

Kyougar

Maybe honda is so shit because the Japanese always start to snicker when someone says "Ero-Design"

Or they are pissed that they cant put miku as a sponsor on the side.

FV6ts.jpg

Red Bull will retaliate with doge:

ready-steady-wow-doge-nascar-racer-is-real-photo-gallery_2.jpg

So is Mclaren-Honda the Nissan of F1 or Nissan the Mclaren-Honda of WEC?

So pathetic.

Neither did Schumacher, Lewis seems more concerned in increasing his celebrity status to be honest.

Juicy Bob

So is Mclaren-Honda the Nissan of F1 or Nissan the Mclaren-Honda of WEC?

So pathetic..
Hey, Nissan got a car to the chequered flag after 24 hours. Honda just broke down on the installation lap in practice.

And Nissan were heavily gimped in Le Mans with no energy recovery system working and the wrong tyres thanks to Michelin and they clearly weren't ready for competition but they decided to race anyway rather than just not show up, so people need to cut them some slack.

Honda, on the other hand, are seven races in and still fucking up...

Hey, Nissan got a car to the chequered flag after 24 hours. Honda just broke down on the installation lap in practice.

And Nissan were heavily gimped in Le Mans with no energy recovery system working and the wrong tyres thanks to Michelin and they clearly weren't ready for competition but they decided to race anyway rather than just not show up, so people need to cut them some slack.

Honda, on the other hand, are seven races in and still fucking up...

Were they classified? They were 150+ laps down.

They're both similar in their delusion or arrogance about the challenge in the highest level of motorsport.

Honda takes the crown I agree, but Nissan made a fool of themselves as well.

Top Bottom