• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Interesting non the less.

F1 and Qatar is a perfect fit.

Hmmmmm intradasting.

Anything is better than Bernie so I wouldn't be opposed to this. Although, I would also like the teams to have the power taken from them and to be dictated to.

Also, those testing shots are usually done to focus on an area to hide your 'real' changes by making over the top changes elsewhere that everyone fusses over.

The above doesn't even make sense but whatever I've just done a 17 hour shift.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Force India is only 24 points behind Red Bull - they can pass them in the constructors, because RBR will be soon joining Manor and Mclaren at the back of the grid on every race :p

Hammer24

Banned
Radio Pitlane:

- RBR in talks with FER to get their engines, already for 2016
- would get only the b-spec, like Sauber, but would be happy with that at least for the moment
- if that comes to pass, REN would buy up LOT and make them their works team
- Dr Marko threw a hissyfit when he learned that FER asked RIC about his contractual status for next year
- Stephen Ross of Miami Dolphins fame is trying to stir up the Katari to get a bid together to buy Formula 1. Yeah, no one else is expecting anything to come out of this either.

ramparter

Banned
Radio Pitlane:

- would get only the b-spec, like Sauber, but would be happy with that at least for the moment
- Dr Marko threw a hissyfit when he learned that FER asked RIC about his contractual status for next year
- Stephen Ross of Miami Dolphins fame is trying to stir up the Katari to get a bid together to buy Formula 1. Yeah, no one else is expecting anything to come out of this either.

LOL if Ric goes at Ferrari, imagine the Vettel meltdowns, though it's possible he gets Ferrari No2 curse.

Mastah

PicNews150624.jpg

:D

Hmmmmm intradasting.

Anything is better than Bernie so I wouldn't be opposed to this. Although, I would also like the teams to have the power taken from them and to be dictated to.

Also, those testing shots are usually done to focus on an area to hide your 'real' changes by making over the top changes elsewhere that everyone fusses over.

The above doesn't even make sense but whatever I've just done a 17 hour shift.

Bernie would still be sucking his hundreds of millions a year out of the sport even if he was fired. The big question would be if they during the takeover they could somehow get control back from the teams.

DD

Apparently German newspaper 'Bild' is saying that Ferrari offered 4 million Euros to Williams, in order to release Bottas from his contract for the next year. The British team says that they want to keep him, but it seems that Claire asked 15 million to release him.

Bild also says that Ferrari don't have a desire for Hulk because they don't want to have two German drivers. Hulk could end at Williams.

stryke

Radio Pitlane:

I don't know, he seems pretty eager to promote the Torro Rosso boys. Whatever the case, I hope Ric is looking for options...

Btw, what's Radio Pitlane, an f1 website?

After the last weekend it seems like Ferrari is falling down their usual hole again. They just can't seem to develop their car over a season in a significant manner. Much less catch up to Mercedes. Even Williams seems a good bit closer to Ferrari right now.

I always have to think back to Malaysia this year. Vettel won the race (still his only win this season, btw) and everyone questioned Alonso and asked him, if switching teams was the wrong move. What did he say? Something along "We were always quick at the beginning, but at the end of a season we never won. I want to win in November."

Fast forward few months. Mercedes won the remaining races, the gap isn't closing at all, most of the time Vettel isn't even in reach of pole and Williams is slowly but surely creeping up on them. Perhaps even the rest of the Mercedes-powered teams as well. I don't even see the point in waiting for the upgrades after the summer break, because when was the last time they brought big updates to the car that actually worked?

And please sack Kimi already. I don't care why he sucks right now, but he does and it seems clear that he isn't working well with the team. Right now Vettel is carrying the Constructors Championship as well and that sucks big time.

I don't see Williams as any closer really, I'd like to see some figures that say otherwise. Sure, Massa got third, but only by virtue of all the time Vettel lost in the pits. He was easily faster than him afterwards, but just couldn't get past.

He'd have been closer to Hamilton at the end than Massa without that mistake.

dubc35

Interesting non the less.

F1 and Qatar is a perfect fit.

Seriously. Perfect way to vertically integrate the whole system. No need to travel around to circuits. Once the Nepalese slaves are done building the world cup stadiums they can build 20-ish circuits in Qatar and hold the entire F1 calendar there.

This must be the "be careful what you wish for" Hammer was mentioning
(hopefully not)

Mastah

I don't see Williams as any closer really, I'd like to see some figures that say otherwise. Sure, Massa got third, but only by virtue of all the time Vettel lost in the pits. He was easily faster than him afterwards, but just couldn't get past.

He'd have been closer to Hamilton at the end than Massa without that mistake.

Malaysia - 70 seconds to Vettel
China - 30 seconds to Vettel
Bahrain - 40 seconds to Kimi
Spain - 15 seconds to Vettel
Monaco - no comment
Canada - 5 seconds to Kimi before he spun
Austria - 5 seconds to Vettel before slow pit stop

I would say they definitely made gains with their updates since Spanish GP relative to Ferrari.

Kyougar

Apparently German newspaper 'Bild' is saying that Ferrari offered 4 million Euros to Williams, in order to release Bottas from his contract for the next year. The British team says that they want to keep him, but it seems that Claire asked 15 million to release him.

Bild also says that Ferrari don't have a desire for Hulk because they don't want to have two German drivers. Hulk could end at Williams.

Yeah... I always thought that Ferrari wouldnt want 2 german drivers in their Team.

What would even be worse for the sport: " german Drivers in a german manufacturer car. The Fans would call bloody murder if mercedes was dominating with 2 germans in the car.

German F3 blasts the FIA over driving standards in the European Championship.

Given the recent incidents at Spa-Francorchamps, no reasonable person will doubt that many drivers contesting the Formula 3 European Championship have been completely out of their depth. Big grids and an enormous amount of pressure to perform add to the problem.

In the past two years the FIA did everything in their power in order to tighten the restrictions on national Formula 3 series, which made it impossible to organise a national racing series any longer. As a consequence, the two remaining national Formula 3 championships in Europe, the German and the British series, had to throw in the towel at the end of 2014.

However, the scary incidents at Monza and Spa with cars overturning clearly show and are a terrifying proof that the direct switch from a national Formula 4 series to the Formula 3 European Championship is not working out as planned. The young drivers are lacking both the respect for their competitors and the fear of crashing. It is only due to the high safety standard in Formula 3 that there have been no major injuries so far. Do those responsible intend to wait until this happens that a driver is no longer able to get out of their car after crashing?

The FIA should finally show courage and close the obvious gap in terms of drivers' skills between Formula 4 and the Formula 3 European Championship in a reasonable manner and with a focus on safety and – instead of obstructing the national Formula 3 series – issue a mandatory requirement for all drivers advancing from Formula 4 to contest a national, FIA regulated Formula 3 series for a year of learning before moving up into the Formula 3 European Championship.

The Board of the Formula 3 Association

DrM

Redmond's Baby
After the last weekend it seems like Ferrari is falling down their usual hole again. They just can't seem to develop their car over a season in a significant manner. Much less catch up to Mercedes. Even Williams seems a good bit closer to Ferrari right now. .

I think that their 'major' upgrade package did not work as they thought that it will be. Also, their engine update is rumored to give them problems.

NHale

I think that their 'major' upgrade package did not work as they thought that it will be. Also, their engine update is rumored to give them problems.

So basically it's the trademarked Ferrari in-season updates.

Have they released a statement about improvements to the windtunnel already or will they wait until the Summer break like in the previous years?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
So basically it's the trademarked Ferrari in-season updates.

Have they released a statement about improvements to the windtunnel already or will they wait until the Summer break like in the previous years?

They are waiting until Monza and their fabled new engine update. Probably Mercedes will introduce their upgraded engine #3 for the same race.

Shaneus

Interesting. I don't think Williams would want to get rid of Bo77as (hence the 15m number, obviously) but I don't think Hulk would be a bad get. For some reason, I'm honestly thinking he's a bit of a late bloomer and in an incredibly solid car like the Williams, he could do really well.

Interesting. I don't think Williams would want to get rid of Bo77as (hence the 15m number, obviously) but I don't think Hulk would be a bad get. For some reason, I'm honestly thinking he's a bit of a late bloomer and in an incredibly solid car like the Williams, he could do really well.
I still find it weird that Perez has more podiums than Hulkenberg.

Since both guys have driven for them, nobody know better than Williams on how best to proceed. They really liked Hulkenberg the first time (and let him go for Pastor's money). I'm sure Nico, and a pile of cash sounds like a great idea. It probably is.

Shaneus

Since both guys have driven for them, nobody know better than Williams on how best to proceed. They really liked Hulkenberg the first time (and let him go for Pastor's money). I'm sure Nico, and a pile of cash sounds like a great idea. It probably is.
Maybe that's how we'll see things funnel. Ferrari gets their stupid amount of cash from Bernie, they pass a good portion of it onto Williams for Bottas, we see Williams move up the ranks and hopefully be on equal footing with the likes of RBR (should they come good again) and Ferrari.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
WIL will not leave Bottas go for cheap. Massa will probably retire after this year and they would have two empty seats, if Bottas goes to Ferrari. But Hulkenberg sounds like good replacement.

That's exactly what I meant in my post. They start decently most of the time and then aren't able to develop the car over the season and lose any chance to win the championship. #2 drivers that hit their all-time low in that seat don't help either. Imagine if Williams passes them in the championship by the end of the season. That would be so embarrassing.

Brotkasten!

I missed you.

It's good to be back!

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Is Formula E final this weekend?

Imagine if Williams passes them in the championship by the end of the season. That would be so embarrassing.

They would need a Ferrari 3x DNF with both cars and finishing 3rd and 4th with both cars to get close. But it would be awesome to watch how Williams would be creeping up to Ferrari :D

Mercedes powered teams made quite a step up since they started using engine #2 with 'reliability' upgrades.

Is Formula E final this weekend?

They would need a Ferrari 3x DNF with both cars and finishing 3rd and 4th with both cars to get close. But it would be awesome to watch how Williams would be creeping up to Ferrari :D

Mercedes powered teams made quite a step up since they started using engine #2 with 'reliability' upgrades.

Formula E is in London this weekend, I think. Can't wait to watch it.

And speaking of Ferrari sidegrades, the President is promising a stronger performance for the Italian GP and to end the "this year's car sucks, lets concentrate on next year's car" meme that usually comes around before the summer break.

"I think that you will see the car develop as we go through the season," said the Ferrari chairman.

"We are not finished, the car is going to get better and better.

"We started late, which is unfortunate, so we are making up lost ground.
Maurizio Arrivabene, Sergio Marchionne, Ferrari F1 2015

"But I feel relatively comfortable that by the time we hit Monza we are going to be in a much stronger position than we have been in all season."

Right. Still sounds very familiar.

Also, Arrivabene's already not trying to make excuses for Silverstone, but totally is.

"In Silverstone [the tyres] is not something that's in our favour, bBut I don't want to use this as an excuse. It's a challenge."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119683

I feel like it's going to be another snoozefest.

Top Bottom