• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Mastah

Kimi "I don't know what happened, it is what it is" Raikkonen:

Scuderia Ferrari ‏@ScuderiaFerrari 4m4 minutes ago

#Kimi7 'I don't know what happened, I had wheelspin and then I was out'

Lmao that pass between pastor and verstappen really sums both of them up perfectly. What fuckin disasters these 2 are.

I like rosbergs "come on guys!" The equivalent of "please be excited."

This sport needs a big overhaul....

RoKKeR

Just finished the race.

Hell yes Felipe! What a drive by him to hold off Vettel, well done.

And I guess this makes the championship battle more interesting. I guess. Meh.

Aiii

So not worth it
The Verstappen hate is beyond ridiculous. Maldonado and Verstappen were almost the only interesting thing going on this race, fought a hard, but in the end, fair fight. Sure Maldonado had a little moment when he had his DRS open. And sure they were wheel to wheel at one point. But that is racing.

I guess we only want racing on paper, when it actually happens between two (or one) guy we don't like enough, it's stupid and one of them should yield.

Maldonado showed good car control and racing this race, he's pretty good when he wants to be. Verstappen showed great defensive driving, even on old shoddy tires. That was a fun fight to end the race.

http://giant.gfycat.com/TheseOrneryIbizanhound.webm

Good stuff, I enjoyed that.

Aiii

So not worth it
FjTuWdjl.jpg

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
News going around is the Honda PU in Alonso's car is beyond repair, so new penalties for Silverstone.

So penalties apply even if the engine was damaged in a crash through no fault of your own? Sucks.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Every rule is written knowing that the teams think: "how can we abuse this."

Sure, but they could have given the Marshals some freedom to decide whether the rule should apply or not. Having your fresh engine destroyed a few seconds into the race by a spinning fin is obviously no intentional abuse.

Ark

These stupidly harsh penalties for power units are really annoying me this season.

In fact, just about everything about F1 is annoying me this season. Even more so after Le Mans last weekend.

Juicy Bob

But the teams agreed to the rules. Mercedes don't have a problem. Ferrari aren't having too many problems. The whole penalty thing wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't for the fact Renault and Honda are unable to solve their reliability woes.

Aiii

So not worth it
But the teams agreed to the rules. Mercedes don't have a problem. Ferrari aren't having too many problems. The whole penalty thing wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't for the fact Renault and Honda are unable to solve their reliability woes.

How are you going to solve reliability woes with a limited set of token that are supposed to last years? It's a catch-22.

How are you going to solve reliability woes with a limited set of token that are supposed to last years? It's a catch-22.

The problem is manufacturers pass the cost of R&D to customer teams. If there was a fixed price, and let manufacturers spend whatever they want, there wouldn't be an issue.

Juicy Bob

Because how could anyone have expected that, somehow, the reliability issues with these new engines would get worse in season two compared to when they were brand new?

Shaneus

So, I missed this (fuck you, Australian F1 broadcasters/Foxtel), is it worth watching? I know the results for the most part (Danny starting 14th didn't help my enthusuasm, though).

Congratulations to FoM/Foxtel/whoever for successfully killing any interest I had in the sport right off. If it's not live on TV (especially during a time I can actually watch it) then fuck you. Glad I'm not getting tickets to Melbourne next year, bastards just don't deserve my money at all.

Edit: Wait, fuck... I completely forgot I have the app to watch this through Star Sports! I'm such a fucking idiot.

Fox Mulder

Because how could anyone have expected that, somehow, the reliability issues with these new engines would get worse in season two compared to when they were brand new?

It's not that weird. Mercedes set the bar with their engine and everyone else is pushing their designs to try to keep up within the rules.

Shaneus

Can anyone tell me if Danny Ricky had a good race? I assume he kept out of the spotlight for the majority of it and just chipped away to get 10th.

Zaru

Can anyone tell me if Danny Ricky had a good race? I assume he kept out of the spotlight for the majority of it and just chipped away to get 10th.

He somehow managed to stay on his first set of tyres until 2/3 of the race, but otherwise, nothing spectacular

They're allowed to make 'free' changes for reliability/safety reasons.

However, a part which is being changed due to being developed/performance change uses tokens.

Honda should have all their tokens returned because they can't even finish a qualifying lap nvm a fucking race >.<

Plus they seem to be going backwards as they were running Melbourne settings on the engine due to 'reliability' issues :p

At least Maldonado was entertaining as always. Dude should get a trophy for finishing a race without crashing.

Aiii

So not worth it
Fair enough.

I think their "backwards reliability" has to do with them not running the engine at full power in the first few races, thus showing less issues, but being slower.

Not that they're fast now, mind you.

Mastah

"In races something has happened every day but the major troubles are already fixed and over the second half of the season I expect we will have more progress.

"I think that we will catch up most of the top teams because we already have a plan to increase the horsepower, drivability and control system. We have already planned to apply that in the second half of the season,"

"I hope after the summer (August) shutdown we will be more competitive. We will be more competitive every race -- race by race. Hungary, Spa, we will make improvements. Not slowly, very quick."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/21/motor-racing-prix-honda-idUSL3N0Z708120150621?rpc=401

#believeinmclarenhonda

Kyougar

Man they sound more optimistic than the Xbox Team.

Whats next? The spin on how Honda Fans are the most dedicated (Well, Ark is giving up). Eat the most Hotdogs in the races and the Engine revs 0.1 nanoseconds faster?

Ark

Man they sound more optimistic than the Xbox Team.

Whats next? The spin on how Honda Fans are the most dedicated (Well, Ark is giving up). Eat the most Hotdogs in the races and the Engine revs 0.1 nanoseconds faster?

I just want to see McLaren back up the front where they belong. Atleast the races might be interesting then ;)

You will feel ashamed of your words and deeds.

A much more dangerous time with high risks a lot of drivers today probably would´t accept, aggressive drivers that fought for every inch, not win by strategy in the pits or saving fuel .
Piquet senior would kick you in the face even after the race .

DD

I hadn't noticed that Maldonado had his DRS open when he almost lose control attacking Verstappen. Scary.

A much more dangerous time with high risks a lot of drivers today probably would´t accept, aggressive drivers that fought for every inch, not win by strategy in the pits or saving fuel .
Piquet senior would kick you in the face even after the race .

And pinch your dick 30 years later.

Kyougar

Or you could just keep ridiculing me, if that works for you.

You didnt want the conversation why you believed the PR from Honda, that they will fight for wins end of season and will get Wins next Season. I was just sceptical, there was nothing that indicated such Evolution. (Maybe delusional was a too strong word, sorry)
But you kept making sideshots when I was content with your statement that you dont want to have this conversation.

So the first time I mentioned you again, was when you switched to a more grounded view of Honda McLarens performance.

So I dont know what the sentence

You will feel ashamed of your words and deeds.

in this situation even means.
Is that in relation to your first sentence? Or still the delusional post?

I also want to have more contenders for the Championship but i dont see McLaren there and I still dont have an Answer HOW they could achieve that.
At this point in time there is no way McLaren drives for wins next season. If it was that easy to make such a jump from backmarker to winning car, the next season could be a total lottery. Every team with enough money could be Champion next year if we follow this line of thought.

Top Bottom