• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Ark

You didnt want the conversation why you believed the PR from Honda, that they will fight for wins end of season and will get Wins next Season. I was just sceptical, there was nothing that indicated such Evolution. (Maybe delusional was a too strong word, sorry)
But you kept making sideshots when I was content with your statement that you dont want to have this conversation.

So the first time I mentioned you again, was when you switched to a more grounded view of Honda McLarens performance.

So I dont know what the sentence

in this situation even means.
Is that in relation to your first sentence? Or still the delusional post?

I also want to have more contenders for the Championship but i dont see McLaren there and I still dont have an Answer HOW they could achieve that.
At this point in time there is no way McLaren drives for wins next season. If it was that easy to make such a jump from backmarker to winning car, the next season could be a total lottery. Every team with enough money could be Champion next year if we follow this line of thought.

You made an Xbox team reference, so I made a Kojima-MGSV reference. I thought you'd get it, sorry.

But you kept making sideshots when I was content with your statement that you dont want to have this conversation.

Sideshots? You're the one that's been constantly rebuffing all of my McLaren-Honda optimism.

So the first time I mentioned you again, was when you switched to a more grounded view of Honda McLarens performance.

So I dont know what the sentence

As is the case with McLaren this century, it's difficult to stay optimistic when every third race something goes drastically wrong. I imagine even Wax Free Vanilla is taking a breather after Austria.

I also want to have more contenders for the Championship but i dont see McLaren there and I still dont have an Answer HOW they could achieve that.
At this point in time there is no way McLaren drives for wins next season. If it was that easy to make such a jump from backmarker to winning car, the next season could be a total lottery. Every team with enough money could be Champion next year if we follow this line of thought.

I don't have to lay out a play-by-play for how they can improve, and in-fact I'm pretty sure one of my first lengthy posts on McLaren-Honda did that anyway.

Secondly, it is that easy to be a championship contender in F1. Teams that have won the championship in the last ten years:

Renault (an exception, they sold the team)
Ferrari
McLaren
Brawn (another exception, for obvious reasons)
Red Bull
Mercedes

They all had massive funds and they all won titles. The teams that aren't winning titles are all broke. Mercedes literally went from a back of the pack team to being a front running team in only three years, which is a huge feat when you consider how bare-bones the Brawn GP outfit was when they purchased it. AND NOT TO MENTION, again, how McLaren and Ferrari both went from backmarker cars to championship contenders in the winter of 2009. And again, Ferrari's improvement this season over last.

Now even if I buy in to the, admittedly, slightly more grounded reality that McLaren-Honda is set for another write-off year because Honda can't catch up, it's likely that both Renault and Honda will be given the chance to catch up to Mercedes & Ferrari just like Renault several years ago. If the season continues as it is, and even more so if next season is a repeat (which it will be, because lets be honest the token system doesn't allow for anyone behind to catch up), something is going to have to change.

Unless Honda pulls a miracle out of the air, fine, I concede that fighting for wins this year is far-fetched. But for 2016? It's still completely possible.

Kyougar

You made an Xbox team reference, so I made a Kojima-MGSV reference. I thought you'd get it, sorry.

Sorry, didn't get it :(

Now even if I buy in to the, admittedly, slightly more grounded reality that McLaren-Honda is set for another write-off year because Honda can't catch up, it's likely that both Renault and Honda will be given the chance to catch up to Mercedes & Ferrari just like Renault several years ago. If the season continues as it is, and even more so if next season is a repeat (which it will be, because lets be honest the token system doesn't allow for anyone behind to catch up), something is going to have to change.

Unless Honda pulls a miracle out of the air, fine, I concede that fighting for wins this year is far-fetched. But for 2016? It's still completely possible.

It's cool.
I just wanted to know where your optimism came from because I didnt see how they would manage that. A Surprise win is always managable but I personally dont see them next year at the place Ferrari is now. (i.e. be in a place on the grid, to get lucky on mercedes fuckups.)
But thats just my view as a semi-casual viewer. I thought you had more informations regarding McLaren, like Hammer always has.

Peace-treaty?

Dilly

Banned
I repressed the memories of the penis noses last year it seems, because

10672292_1074696969225344_5881348025965649722_n.jpg

Holy shit that's bad.

Ark

Sorry, didn't get it :(

It's cool.
I just wanted to know where your optimism came from because I didnt see how they would manage that. A Surprise win is always managable but I personally dont see them next year at the place Ferrari is now. (i.e. be in a place on the grid, to get lucky on mercedes fuckups.)
But thats just my view as a semi-casual viewer. I thought you had more informations regarding McLaren, like Hammer always has.

Peace-treaty?

Nah, I'm just an overly optimistic fan :p

Peace treaty sounds good to me.

Shaneus

So that photo... is it a reference to a Hamilton one from earlier in the year?

He may have had a rough trot with reputation, but I'm glad he's sticking it to Hamilton. At least keeping it a little interesting. I suppose the next interesting thing is to see whether it's Williams or Ferrari that will take #2 manufacturers'.

Oh, and did anyone note Ricciardo's ascension from 18th to 10th? In such a POS, that's actually pretty good... I suppose the best he could expect to get for the rest of the season considering he'll be swimming in penalties from here on out :/

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
If he wins, I hope the points difference negates what happened in Monaco..

I don't know. I would put the Monaco incident on the same level as a technical defect or a failed pit stop. It sucks, but it's not much different from other, more common team screw-ups.

andshrew

I think it's too early for that.

If he keeps finishing 1 place behind Hamilton he's still going to be 'in it' right until the end.

I thought it was interesting to read Rosberg coming out saying his 2014 race issues are solved, particularly given some of his performances this year vs Ham and that he's only won two races on merit.

Ark

Rosberg was stronger than Hamilton this time last year too. Hamilton often seems to struggle in the middle of a season, we'll see how things pan out after the Summer break.

ramparter

Banned
he is 10 points behind. When is it not early? When he is 50 points before hamilton?

I mean that it's too earlyfor those 10 points to mean anything. I understand that the way the season started we were expecting a bigger gap by now but I'd rather wait for September to start talking about the championship fight.

Fox Mulder

If he keeps finishing 1 place behind Hamilton he's still going to be 'in it' right until the end.

I thought it was interesting to read Rosberg coming out saying his 2014 race issues are solved, particularly given some of his performances this year vs Ham and that he's only won two races on merit.

Well he got lots of poles last year and won when Lewis had issues. I'm glad he thinks his race pace is better.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
how about a system where you get tokens based on your position in the constructors championship? Where teams further down the table get more tokens, allowing them at least the potential to catch the teams at the front.

Zeknurn

Maurizo Arrivabene is now calling for an end to the ‘fake’ Friday optimism created by his team. The Italian believes it is time to adopt a new approach to Ferrari’s Friday race simulations by running higher fuel levels, similar to Mercedes.

“My analysis is that it depends on how much fuel Mercedes has compared to us,” reveals Arivabenne.

“Now I have said to the engineers: it is better to work on Friday with full-full tanks so we can see a correct comparison rather than seeing a fake one.”

http://thejudge13.com/2015/06/23/ferrari-fake-fridays-to-finish-says-arrivabene/

About time.

Rosberg was stronger than Hamilton this time last year too. Hamilton often seems to struggle in the middle of a season, we'll see how things pan out after the Summer break.

That's a myth.

Hamilton was faster by a country mile last year in Austria but failed to capitalised based on his mistake in Q3 and loss of power in the last stint as he was chasing Nico down.

As for last summer's dip, it was mostly due to horrible luck in qualifying (Silverstone (arguable whether driver error or not), Hungary (engine fire) and Germany (brake failure in qualifying). He was the faster driver in all 3 races but lost out mostly due to no fault of his own.

Well, it got them their podium (or was that bribing that one guy in the Ferrari pit crew?).

You do realise that we might have noticed if they were running this last race yes? Unless they've managed to invent invisible paint, which would probably be even bigger news...

mclem

Further posts from Scarbs suggest that it's probably not race-legal after all, but it still raises interesting questions as to why. Some speculation that they've been given the go-ahead to test concepts for much further down the line.

Red Bull Gives You Water Wings.

Dilly

Banned
Well here´s the whole fight from Maldonado´s car , tell me what Max did wrong and when because I can´t find it ?

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/6663283/60f02779/f1_battle_max_vs_pastor.html

If Pastor didn't show that much restraint at 3:34, it would've been a collision. Looked like he was pushed wider on the footage shown during the race though.

And don't blow a gasket because I said something about Verstappen, me not judging his move as fair doesn't mean he did something wrong.

Well if the Financial Times and The Times of London are reporting on it, there's some legs to it.

But it's undervalued compared to the IPO CVC was looking for a couple of years ago.

A more F1 focused link.

CVC will be thrilled though.

Zeknurn

@adamcooperF1: Some fascinating threads coming together re that story. We know that back in February Qatar announced plans for an F1 race
On top of that Qatar owns 17% of Volkswagen. If you then owned F1 you might be keen to get your car company involved too...
Qatar also tried to buy Red Bull's NY soccer team. That may mean nothing but at least we know Qatar and Red Bull have had contact...
So is Red Bull in the RSE Ventures/Qatar loop as well? In which case talking the sport down to lower the price makes sense :)
On the @RSEventures side they own a lot of sports-related companies - including Fanvision, much missed in F1 but active elsewhere
Worth mentioning the Red Bull Qatar rally team as well as another connection (thanks @ETC2500).

Interesting non the less.

F1 and Qatar is a perfect fit.

Top Bottom