• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Lego Boss

Front end of the grid, the best of the rest behind Mercedes, but the monsoon gods will see McHonda victorious at Suzuka.

Srsly? I'd be surprised if they make that much of a gain in-season.

Remember Merc were dominant last year, but still had problems with reliability and couldn't finish all the races (fixed this year at the cost of some outright race pace), but McClaren can't even get it to the chequered flag, let alone in the points.

Don't see top-5, let alone top-3 this year and a win is only going to happen if there's a race at Indianapolis . . .

Zeknurn

@adamcooperF1:
Big headache for @FIAformulaE organisers. Cars are bottoming and actually taking off at a series of compressions at high speed Turn 1
Real problem is they are risking damage on landing. Indeed @thereal_JDA suffered an instant suspension failure
Organisers now putting plastic TecPro barriers in front of the concrete walls to move the racing line outwards and away from the bumps
The complication is they can't narrow the track too much as it's a fast left just after the start and drivers will need a bit of space

Formula E never fails to entertain.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Formula E never fails to entertain.

@adamcooperF1
This is the solution, TecPro barriers placed on the left to move the racing line outwards.

CIfyGOUUEAENxtG.jpg

Would slow down the approach to that corner, reducing the effect of the bump, but I bet some cars will hit those barriers.

Also seems somewhat difficult to remove stranded cars, leading to long safety cars and/or red flag periods.

Nice view, but this track has issues.

EDIT: Practice 2 delayed.

Moozo

How can you build a brand new purpose built track and a) have it be total shite made up entirely of chicanes and b) have that massive bump in the middle of the first corner?

andshrew

How can you build a brand new purpose built track and a) have it be total shite made up entirely of chicanes and b) have that massive bump in the middle of the first corner?

I thought the point of the series is they aren't purpose built circuits they just create a track from what's available in the city. (hence the issues you've described)

Moozo

I thought the point of the series is they aren't purpose built circuits they just create a track from what's available in the city. (hence the issues you've described)

Purpose built was probably the wrong phrase, but with the amount of adaptions they have made to the park to accommodate the circuit they really should have rectified turn one

TCRS

Banned
Hamilton got told off by the Queen lol:

Hamilton who received a summons to join Her Majesty for lunch was rebuked gently by the Monarch over his table etiquette.

Thirty-year-old Hamilton who was invited to sit next to The Queen at lunch said on the BBC’s Graham Norton show: “I got invited to a lunch and was sitting next to The Queen. I was excited and started to talk to her but she said, pointing to my left, ‘No you speak that way first and I’ll speak this way and then I’ll come back to you.’”

“She is a sweet woman and we talked about how she spends her weekends, houses and music. She is really cool.”
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...n-to-brush-up-his-table-manners-10349710.html

Miss Mather, who is director of training at etiquette tutoring firm The English Manner, said: ‘Lewis’s first mistake was actually communicating with the Queen before she spoke to him. He should have waited until she spoke to him.

‘Turning The Table goes back to Victorian times if not before and the idea is that you would talk to the person on your left for the first course and the person on your right for the main course. The rule is that you keep changing for each course.

'I also think that the Queen was quite possibly helping Lewis because the person on his left was probably not speaking to anyone and so she would not want them to feel left out.

‘I imagine it was a woman as the table setting for a formal lunch would be man, woman, man, woman and you would not want to leave a lady with no one to talk to!’

Miss Mather added that Princess Margaret was believed to have a bell she would ring to signal when it was time to Turn The Table.
daily mail

he is also a Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire now:

X7KCDZ3.jpg

Orbis

F-E's biggest issue is it runs in nothing but Mickey Mouse circuits slapped cobbled out of city streets. Street circuits are arguably the worst kinds of circuits, and F-E is on a steady diet of them. I really can't get into it because of that. The Miami circuit was an embarrassment. PEACE.
Early days though, they need the kind of attention that a street race draws. In a few years they'll probably be running on more traditional racetracks, and better street circuits. It's a unique and very young series, it's gonna take a few years to be where it needs to be.

NOKYARD

Early days though, they need the kind of attention that a street race draws. In a few years they'll probably be running on more traditional racetracks, and better street circuits. It's a unique and very young series, it's gonna take a few years to be where it needs to be.
Some day Foumula E will be broadcast in Canada.

[edit] I found the race on a French language standard definition channel.

Fox Mulder

F-E's biggest issue is it runs in nothing but Mickey Mouse circuits slapped cobbled out of city streets. Street circuits are arguably the worst kinds of circuits, and F-E is on a steady diet of them. I really can't get into it because of that. The Miami circuit was an embarrassment. PEACE.

Pretty much. The tech is neat but the tracks are god awful and don't highlight the strengths of the car.

Aiii

So not worth it
Catching up on yesterdays FE race, I have to say though, during the season I definitely gotten more used to the sound of the FE cars, it actually doesn't sound too bad now.

Maybe it's the Honda lowering my standards.

Hopefully they find a better venue for the London race next year, because Battersea Park just isn't fit for purpose. I'm really glad I decided not to attend, because it seems to be even worse for spectators than I had expected.

While it's true that many of the FE tracks have been poor by 'traditional' standards, in most cases they've not prevented great racing. This is an obvious exception.

With that said, I'm looking forward to the last race. Hopefully Buemi can snatch the title away from the bitchy Brazilians.

Aiii

So not worth it
Should be able too, all he needs to do is qualify on pole and not crash in the race.

Buemi seems so strong here, so if he keeps a cool head, I don't see it going any other way.

Zeknurn

Piquet should be in Rally. Those saves were incredible.

Yeah it looks Buemi is going to be the one furthest up on the grid. If it's rains for the race we're going to have a major carnage with Piquet not stopping for nothing.

Which in a way is the most fitting way to end this season.

Top Bottom