• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

And miss out on the ability to complain alongside f1gaf? Never.

Yeah, I'm probably going to miss this race, because the weather in Sunday is supposed to be fantastic (unlike the last three weeks, where it was okay-to-good, but always cloudy on weekends). Watching it recorded is simply not the same as live and with you guys.

When I come back, I can read the results afterwards and that feeling of disappointment only lasts for a short moment instead of the span over an entire race.

Mastah

Tobias Grüner F1 ‏@tgruener 3m3 minutes ago

Honda confirmed: "We believe that Fernando's power unit has sustained damage from the accident & it may be necessary to change the engine."

Another race with ridiculous penalties, yay :( Thx, Kimi!

Meanwhile, anyone with a Mercedes engine has nothing to worry about...

The problem's not with the rules.

Mercedes clearly made their homework from the beginning. Ferrari went to cram school over the winter and caught up. But what the hell did Renault and Honda do in the meantime?

xrnzaaas

But what the hell did Renault and Honda do in the meantime?
carros-choque_viseu.gif

Mastah

Ridiculous engines lead to ridiculous penalties.

There's no question Honda/Renault made awful job so far, but penalizing failure (or bad luck in this case) even further is idiotic to say the least. Whole penalty system nowadays is a overregulated joke, when even journalist with years and years of experience are struggling to say how's the grid for the race will look like.

With technical penalties it should be simple. Whatever the penalty is, if grid drop exceeds number of participants, then it is a start from the pit lane. The end. It already takes away sighting laps and few seconds on first lap and that should be it.

stryke

I don't know, he says it's "not likely I can get out" which gives me the impression his exit clause is probably a bit more exceptional in comparison. I just hope he isn't left out hung to dry if he unfortunately leaves RB one year too late after other top teams are content with their driver lineup.

ramparter

Banned
I don't know, he says it's "not likely I can get out" which gives me the impression his exit clause is probably a bit more exceptional in comparison. I just hope he isn't left out hung to dry if he unfortunately leaves RB one year too late after other top teams are content with their driver lineup.

He should hire Monisha Kaltenborn, she knows how to get a driver under contract released.

Mastah

“When Ann (Neal, Webber’s partner) later pressed (Christian Horner) about why the team had never reprimanded Seb or issued any punishment for the ‘Multi 21’ incident, he admitted that the team had received a two-page letter from Seb’s lawyer a few days after the Malaysian race stating that they were in breach of his contract by giving him an ‘unreasonable instruction/team order’,” Webber wrote.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-s...-scandal-in-2013/story-e6frf3zl-1227423042972

LoL.

mclem

“When Ann (Neal, Webber’s partner)

Her?

In the run-up to the British Grand Prix, Eddie Jordan fielded a bunch of questions from F1 fans. Some highlights:

The clothes, Eddie, why? WHY?!?! #myeyes - Matt Bone

"Because they make me feel cool and young."

When the message you intended leaves your brain, are you also sometimes surprised by what your mouth actually utters? - Stewart Hutcheson

"Continually, but it's been like that since birth. Very often I engage the talking process before the brain is even engaged, if there is one there in the first place."

There's a good deal of more serious questions in there too, he's got some strong opinions (Of course he has, it's Eddie).

In the run-up to the British Grand Prix, Eddie Jordan fielded a bunch of questions from F1 fans. Some highlights:

There's a good deal of more serious questions in there too, he's got some strong opinions (Of course he has, it's Eddie).

From the same interview:

"Where Bernie got caught out was he made an agreement with Mercedes that if they won two consecutive titles and a specific number of races in those seasons, they would get the same money as Red Bull."

Did we know this? Looks like Merc is in for a pay bump.

Mastah

“We have seven tokens still remaining, so we will apply those in the second half of the season after the summer shutdown,” Arai told Motorsport.com

“We will replace many parts to improve the horsepower, so we have good harvest and good systems. And I think we can catch up this season.

“That is the target and already we have shared that with our team. The two drivers know our plan and they trust us.”

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda-confident-that-power-boost-is-coming

#believeinmclarenhonda

New bodywork and livery for Marussia:

http://www.f1zone.net/news/manor-marussia-ready-for-upgrades/46667/

CI5lDFYWgAAfVRn.jpg:large

Ark

From the same interview:

"Where Bernie got caught out was he made an agreement with Mercedes that if they won two consecutive titles and a specific number of races in those seasons, they would get the same money as Red Bull."

I definitely remember something about Mercedes being offered more money should they win a title or two; it might have actually been part of their concorde deal. That feels like quite a loose memory though.

Zeknurn

From the same interview:

I'm sure the lower teams will love when their cut gets shrunk in order to pay Mercedes more.

Any reasonable predictions for this weekend? It's going to be hot and the Ferrari is supposed to work well, when it's warm. But how warm is too warm? After Austria they already asked not to expect too much from them in Silverstone.

And chance the weather could affect the reliability of the cars?

Any reasonable predictions for this weekend? It's going to be hot and the Ferrari is supposed to work well, when it's warm. But how warm is too warm? After Austria they already asked not to expect too much from them in Silverstone.

The same as any other weekend; Ferrari hyped to be a competitor all weekend, they get bossed by Merc in qualy, race is a dull snooze with Merc untouchable. Throw in an all time low point for Mclaren for good measure. I expect Button to just slowly walk away from the entire track like Charlie Brown after his car fails on lap 15. People will ask, "where are you walking to?" and he will reply, "a better place"

All this week the forecast for sunday has been around 20c. Don't go expecting some abnormally hot race, as it's unlikely.

This is the current BBC summary for the Midlands:

Outlook for Saturday to Monday

A mix of bright or sunny spells and scattered heavy showers, which may be heavy and thundery at times. Still warm with temperatures a little above normal for early July.

They do get the same b-spec like Sauber, no?

I'm pretty sure they're still using the 2014 engine. They said earlier in the year that their 2015 car will have the 2015 B-spec engine, but that car looks unlikely to be used now and I've not seen any other comment on the engines.

“We will replace many parts to improve the horsepower, so we have good harvest and good systems. And I think we can catch up this season.
#believeinmclarenhonda

Whats the point in upping the HP when the car is suffering from sensor and various electronic problems?

Problem: constant DNF's
Solution: MOAR POWERRRRR!

And catch up to who? The Manors that can actually finish races?

I thought I was looking at a Force India car for a sec.......

Mastah

Ted Kravitz ‏@tedkravitz 2m2 minutes ago Silverstone, England

Lewis Hamilton to revert to last yr's clutch & settings after recent poor starts, also says he missed Austria test for doctor's appointment

Top Bottom