• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Cuddler

Arrivabene just said that it was Kimi's decision to enter the pit, it was basically all his fault. Waiting for Kimi now, lol.
EDIT: Confirmed by Kimi that it was him that the decided to pit.

Ruruja

I'm not arguing Massa was faster. I'm arguing that Bottas wouldn't be either. They would've switched places and Massa would be the one getting the DRS advantage and staying right behind Bottas.

But you could clearly see Bottas was much tighter and faster through the corners too.

dakun

But you could clearly see Bottas was much tighter and faster through the corners too.

to me that looked like Massa trying to take the corners wide to be able to step on the gas earlier for the straights, which ultimately helped him because the gap was always just right by the end of the straight.
Massa is not as dumb as people make it out to be, he knows how to defend a position if pulling a gap is impossible.

Well, shit. That one time I decide to skip a race and it turns out to be exciting. Saw the results now, too. Surprised about the Vettel podium. Damn!

DBT85

I'm not arguing Massa was faster. I'm arguing that Bottas wouldn't be either. They would've switched places and Massa would be the one getting the DRS advantage and staying right behind Bottas.

(all of that of course only if it was a clean move like the team wanted without anyone losing any considerable time)

If they were unlucky a move that is maybe not as clean as the team wanted would've meant Hamilton slipping through

I believe that had Bottas got through, in any way, he could have opened the gap to 1 second. Massa could not.

Ruruja

to me that looked like Massa trying to take the corners wide to be able to step on the gas earlier for the straights, which ultimately helped him because the gap was always just right by the end of the straight.
Massa is not as dumb as people make it out to be, he knows how to defend a position if pulling a gap is impossible.

I meant through the Becketts complex, not Luffield.

Antti

Bottas said he would've been a lot faster than Massa and that he doesn't know why the team decided to do what they did but didn't want to throw them under the bus.

dakun

Bottas said he would've been a lot faster than Massa and that he doesn't know why the team decided to do what they did but didn't want to throw them under the bus.

i don't expect him to say anything else.. you gotta show superiority even if you don't have it.
It really doesn't matter in the end. Bottas was horrible in the rain and almost lost out on p5. He was 1-3 seconds slower than Massa for the last 10 laps or so.

Antti

i don't expect him to say anything else.. you gotta show superiority even if you don't have it.
It really doesn't matter in the end. Bottas was horrible in the rain and almost lost out on p5. He was 1-3 seconds slower than Massa for the last 10 laps or so.

It's still the harshest Bottas has been on the team. Usually very, very diplomatic but you could see his frustration this time around. Still pretty diplomatic though lol

Aegus

I am not so excited. I know it is important for the team morale and motivation for everyone. The team is focused on the job, it is a long-term project but there are no magic solutions.

Alonso is like that guy at the party with the no fun allowed sign.

Be happy for once Alonso.

John_B

Bottas went past Raikkonen in the driver standings. Foreboding.

I'm not sure if Bottas is champion material yet, but he would be a good look in any top team.

Aegus

I think he has the right attitude. He didn't sign up to score his first point of the season in fucking Silverstone.

Except he did sign up for a team that wouldn't be scoring points this year. All the other teams are using engines that have had years of work put into them to be stable/reliable. To think that Honda would come in and be competitive/reliable is just naive. Especially in this environment of limited development.

Dilly

Banned
Except he did sign up for a team that wouldn't be scoring points this year. All the other teams are using engines that have had years of work put into them to be stable/reliable. To think that Honda would come in and be competitive/reliable is just naive. Especially in this environment of limited development.

No WC is happy with one point in the half of the season.

Aegus

No WC is happy with one point in the half of the season.

Of course he's not going to be happy. But to generally be unhappy for a situation that's entirely his own making and shitting on the team's progress as they work their ass off for him isn't the done thing. Did Hill shit on Arrows back in 97?

If he's that unhappy about being in a shit car then fucking leave and let someone else have a go.

Dilly

Banned
Of course he's not going to be happy. But to generally be unhappy for a situation that's entirely his own making and shitting on the team's progress as they work their ass off for him isn't the done thing. Did Hill shit on Arrows back in 97?

If he's that unhappy about being in a shit car then fucking leave and let someone else have a go.

What progress?

Aegus

What progress?

To finish a race in the top 10. Did Alonso not realise he was signing up for a team that is now mid to back of the grid?

The team came 5th in the constructors championship last year. 9th and 10th is par for the course so to complain that those positions aren't good enough when it's currently and previously where they belong is bullshit.

Tubie

I really expected this to be the most boring race of the year, but it turned out to be one of the best, if not the best.

Dilly

Banned
To finish a race in the top 10. Did Alonso not realise he was signing up for a team that is now mid to back of the grid?

The team came 5th in the constructors championship last year. 9th and 10th is par for the course so to complain that those positions aren't good enough when it's currently and previously where they belong is bullshit.

Your initial post was about him being a 'no fun allowed' guy because he wasn't happy for a point. What does all of this have to do with that?

Finishing in the top 10 today wasn't because of progress anyway.

Boullier watch:

“Although it’s well worth mentioning that Fernando got off the mark in the 2015 world championship standings by finishing 10th here today, that isn’t an accomplishment we’re about to extol.

“Having said that, it was heartening to see that his car ran reliably all afternoon, even though its race pace was demonstrably insufficient. He never gave up, though, and his dogged efforts fully deserved the world championship point they earned him. Irresolute he is not.

“In the changeable weather conditions in which he usually excels, Jenson was very unlucky to be eliminated on lap one, through no fault of his or indeed of Fernando’s. Their collision was just one of those things – the culmination of an unavoidable chain reaction triggered by the unruly jostling for position by drivers immediately ahead of them. So, yet again, poor Jenson was unable to put on a show in his home Grand Prix, which was a great pity.

“As always, the Silverstone crowd was magnificent – 140,000 super-knowledgeable race fans shouting themselves hoarse – and it was fitting that a local hero, and an ex-McLaren driver to boot, won for them today.

“British Formula 1 fans are among the most loyal and passionate in the world, and we’re acutely aware of how steadfast their support for us has been and remains even in times of tribulation; speaking on behalf of all at McLaren-Honda, let me aver that next season we intend to give the Silverstone faithful something about which to enthuse.”

Comedy on the track, comedy off the track.

Great race today. Best race since Hungary of last year. Williams did the right thing for integrity of the sport in not using team orders on Massa but it obviously compromised what should have been a third place podium finish for Bottas.

He should pursue career in politics

Horner meanwhile denying any talks with Mercedes about engine deal for 2016

Would he be in talks with Mercedes if Aston Martin were behind the move? He didn't deny talking with them on the BBC.

Aston Martin Red Bull Racing Mercedes

RoKKeR

Just finished the race.

*sigh*

Easily the most exciting of the season and a well deserved win from Hamilton, but fuck. It is so goddamn frustrating to be a Williams fan.

Could see this coming from a mile away, even after such a great start for both of them. Poor strategy calls, wet weather fuckery, not taking initiative on pit stops, jesus. Nothing new but still a bummer to watch as a fan.

Maybe they can use all of their prize money from last year on hiring an entirely new strategy crew.

But overall an incredibly exciting race, easily the best of the season.

shas'la

Seemed to me roberg was building up to be pretty fast at the mid point of the race before the rain.

Apparently Hamilton's tyres were shagged, yet rosberg was the one in dirty air for most of the stint, is that something to look out for?

Lucius86

Banned
Since when did Williams become the joke of F1? Ridiculous.

Only Vettel and Hamilton got it right. The REAL jokes are Raikonnen & McLaren.

People don't remember the glorious Schumacher & Ross Brown years when they were driving circles around Williams race strategywise.

They have a history of being way too conservative and slow in adopting to new conditions.

Top Bottom