• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

In fairness, the middle was shit (missus nodded off for a minute). Thing is, people look back and tend to forget all the bad bits when there's a bunch of excitement going on near the end.

Ark

In fairness, the middle was shit (missus nodded off for a minute). Thing is, people look back and tend to forget all the bad bits when there's a bunch of excitement going on near the end.

Eh, I thought the middle was just as exciting as the rest. The intensity of the racing was great.

Ark

Depends how you define racing. Massa was pushing like hell to stay in the lead, Bottas was pushing like hell to try and get past Massa, and Hamilton was pushing like hell to get past them both, with Rosberg hanging back letting things play out.

After the first pits it was the same story but with Hamilton way out in front.

Shaneus

Unblock Us + Sky Now TV UK + Day/Week pass here.
Getflix (Aussie Unblock.us) + Star Sports Yearly F1 Sub (~$10AU) = so much win.

It's not BBC, but it's good enough and they have a mobile app so I can watch it live in bed if it's at a suitable time.

Depends how you define racing. Massa was pushing like hell to stay in the lead, Bottas was pushing like hell to try and get past Massa, and Hamilton was pushing like hell to get past them both, with Rosberg hanging back letting things play out.

After the first pits it was the same story but with Hamilton way out in front.

Was after the first stops I was talking about. Hamilton was managing an easy gap. Bottas couldn't get close to Massa and Rosberg was obviously not going to be able to pass Bottas.

But whatever works for you really. I found it fairly tedious from the stops until the rain.

Shaneus

That's just insanely impressive. All those catches exiting Luffield. Wow.
Speaking of German Jesus walking on water, I laughed hysterically at the video suggestion after that clip ended:
SXg00be.png

Fox Mulder

Just watched the race, and a shame Williams wasted that amazing start.

Hopefully they can be true challengers to the mercs at least a few more times this year. Ferrari is disappointing and it's nice to have four cars racing up front.

A shame there's no German GP this year.

Wow! Vettel was impressive in that video.

The kid can drive. I think this Ferrari move is the best thing in his career and it's what will validate him as a top driver in the eyes of the critics

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Nico and Seb were flying in those laps, WIL were swimming and Lewis cruised around.
Wow! Vettel was impressive in that video.

The kid can drive. I think this Ferrari move is the best thing in his career and it's what will validate him as a top driver in the eyes of the critics

Fast forward 3 years, Vettel still without WDC at Ferrari :p

ramparter

Banned
Fast forward 3 years, Vettel still without WDC at Ferrari :p
I don't know, as a friend said after he got his first win with Ferrari "he is a German, he makes his own luck, he knew what he was doing when he went to Ferrari"

He may do the impossible and get a title in red.

Mohonky

So, for how long does Honda have to put up with McLaren?

Put up with?

You mean Mclaren have to put up with Honda? Who the fuck would say "yes I have seen that Mclaren-Honda, and feel using the Honda powerplant would be a good move for us, its really Mclaren letting Honda down"

No engine manufacturer was this bad when the regulations started.

The engine has no power and its unreliable. If it were one or the other you'd think ok they are heading in the right direction they just need to refine it, but when getting a single car to the finish line while producing the least amount of power is your goal you can't really complain when the team you're supplying is wondering wtf is happening.

Zeknurn

Put up with?

You mean Mclaren have to put up with Honda? Who the fuck would say "yes I have seen that Mclaren-Honda, and feel using the Honda powerplant would be a good move for us, its really Mclaren letting Honda down"

No engine manufacturer was this bad when the regulations started.

The engine has no power and its unreliable. If it were one or the other you'd think ok they are heading in the right direction they just need to refine it, but when getting a single car to the finish line while producing the least amount of power is your goal you can't really complain when the team you're supplying is wondering wtf is happening.

I was more referring to to the fact that McLaren shit talking Honda is getting to the level of Red Bull and Renault.

Jezbollah

McLaren are just as much to blame with their situation than Honda are.

They should have told Honda to develop the engine in-house for a few years and stick with the customer Mercedes engine until everyone was confident that the Honda unit was ready, both in terms of power, delivery and reliability.

I find it hard, as a recipient of the Mercedes turbo engine last year, and being such close partners with Mercedes since 1995 that they didn't appreciate the amount of time they spent on that power plant, and that Honda (as far as we know) hadn't in comparison, and were producing such a problematical unit. Using the Honda this year must have been an accepted risk as part of desiring a works status - and that is all on Ron Dennis.

DBT85

McLaren are just as much to blame with their situation than Honda are.

They should have told Honda to develop the engine in-house for a few years and stick with the customer Mercedes engine until everyone was confident that the Honda unit was ready, both in terms of power, delivery and reliability.

I find it hard, as a recipient of the Mercedes turbo engine last year, and being such close partners with Mercedes since 1995 that they didn't appreciate the amount of time they spent on that power plant, and that Honda (as far as we know) hadn't in comparison, and were producing such a problematical unit. Using the Honda this year must have been an accepted risk as part of desiring a works status - and that is all on Ron Dennis.

I don't think Merc would have given them a one year contract if they'd wanted one.

Dennis wanted Works team instead of Merc customer, and this is what he's got to accept as a result.

What tickles me were the ridiculous posts before the season portraying Honda as the saviour of McLaren, because nostalgia.

hitgirl

Anyone get general seating a the Circuit of America? Thinking about going this year but can't swing the $250-300 bleacher seats. I wonder how the experience is on the grass.

Newey and Red Bull are designing an Aston Martin car.

Legendary Formula 1 designer Adrian Newey is working with Aston Martin to design an ultra-high-performance road car to rival the likes of the McLaren P1 GTR and Ferrari FXX K. It is expected to go on sale around 2018.

Newey’s deal is a part of partnership between Aston Martin and Red Bull Technologies. Sources close to the deal emphasise that the partnership does not automatically mean that the two sides will work together in F1, as Red Bull Racing and Red Bull Technologies are separate entities within the Red Bull empire.

It is also likely that Newey's road car project would make use of Mercedes powertrain and electronics technology, which is certain to further heighten speculation about a wider Mercedes link-up between the parties.

When contacted by Autocar regarding the project, an Aston Martin spokesman declined to comment.

Shaneus

Newey and Red Bull are designing an Aston Martin car.
Shame they're not in any way competitors with Infiniti. But I honestly can't see that relationship lasting that much longer... there really doesn't seem to be any fit between them and RBR.

Aston Martin, however... that could be a great match. Means we'd see a departure of the RBR purple, though. And maybe a slight nod to a greener shade of AM?

Shame they're not in any way competitors with Infiniti. But I honestly can't see that relationship lasting that much longer... there really doesn't seem to be any fit between them and RBR.

Aston Martin, however... that could be a great match. Means we'd see a departure of the RBR purple, though. And maybe a slight nod to a greener shade of AM?

Back to the roots, I say!

hqsg2sf.jpg

tomtom94

RoKKeR

Honestly, I have to admit, I'm kind of the outlier in that... I don't want the start procedure to be entirely at the drivers' mercy. Half the field spinning their wheels because they misjudged the clutch bite point by a hair isn't good racing. But meh, we seem to be moving in this direction anyway.
If it causes more mix ups at the start I'm al for it.

Fox Mulder

Honestly, I have to admit, I'm kind of the outlier in that... I don't want the start procedure to be entirely at the drivers' mercy. Half the field spinning their wheels because they misjudged the clutch bite point by a hair isn't good racing. But meh, we seem to be moving in this direction anyway.

Massa taking off like a rocket was exciting and shook things up a bit. Wouldn't mind more of that, although there will be the fuck ups too.

Zeknurn

If these are supposed to be the best drivers in the world then I think it's okay to expect them to be able to start consistently well without a computer helping them.

https://vid.me/1n0N

The onboard of him catching and passing kimi

Those almost-spins on the old back straight. German Jesus indeed.

I don't think the "almost-spins" are a result of losing control but controlled maneuvers to get heat in the tyres. I don't know if he was the only one who did that but that would maybe explain why he was so much faster than all other drivers.

Top Bottom