• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Risgroo

F1-Concept-2017-Piola-Animation-fotoshowBigImage-f6472952-884346.jpg

The end of these stupid, high, narrow, toyish rear wings? Yes!
banderas.png

MMmmmm yess
6zvmy76.gif

AndyD

aka andydumi
I'd like to see a large simplification of the front wings, personally, and I'm also not keen on the apparent increase in barge board size, but otherwise they seem to be on the right track.

Me too on the front wings. Too complex now so any small touch ruins their air flow and they rush to change it.

But the lower, wider, longer cars are interesting. It will make tracks seem more crowded with the larger cars.

Staab

Shit, really ? That's the design for 2017 ?
Sign me the fuck up !!
I'm hyped, it looks so much better.

Now get rid of DRS please :p

Zeknurn

@pirellisport: Asphalt temperature today at #HungarianGP was an incredible 59 degrees: that's the hottest we've seen anywhere for two years. #F1

Combined with the fact that it was just pouring down should make for an interesting weekened.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
They should give these cars the grippiest tires mankind can build and reduce areo complexity to a minimum. Add electronically controlled suspension if tires alone are not enough.

Deadman

I like the view from the front, but from the side it would be better if the rear wing was less slanted.

Definitely an improvement in any case.

Mastah

Narrow track and grooved tires? Off with his head! :p
The '98 cars still look better than what we have today.

Yep. Absolutely love the look of 1997 cars, but 1998 is still so much better than current mess.

Love it, except for the bent "italic" rear wing. It looks cheeky as the A1 GP cars's rear wings. :p

It looks like they are trying too hard to look cool.

768732d1191069420-a1gp-season-07-08-pakistan_new_livery_tg6_pakwheels-com-.jpg

Ther first thing I thought of was Jordan from 2005:

Jordan_EJ15B.jpg

DD

Yep. Absolutely love the look of 1997 cars, but 1998 is still so much better than current mess.

Ther first thing I thought of was Jordan from 2005:

Jordan_EJ15B.jpg

Man, I miss some yellow on the grid. Enough with these boring corporative colors. I want shining cars.

About the current cars, I believe that they wold look amazing with a 20cm wider and 10 cm lower rear wings. They aren't fugly as the 2009 cars.

ferrari-f60-wallpaper-f2009-8.jpg

Atrocious. Disgusting, actually.

tomtom94

We might be in for some fun at Williams: according to Tobias Greuner they've put together a front wing package for Hungary based on Mercedes' wing but there's only one copy - which will go to Bottas because of the WDC standings.

which British Grand Prix was it where we had all the Red Bull fun? 2010?

RoKKeR

We might be in for some fun at Williams: according to Tobias Greuner they've put together a front wing package for Hungary based on Mercedes' wing but there's only one copy - which will go to Bottas because of the WDC standings.

which British Grand Prix was it where we had all the Red Bull fun? 2010?
Interesting indeed. Wonder if it gives them the downforce they need to hang with Mercedes on tracks that aren't completely speed based.

Nearly drowned on the pit walk. Button didn't show up either. :(

Got to speak to some of the McLaren mechanics though, which was cool. They were definitely trying to hide some stuff on the front of the car.

Oh, and I met scarbs... and I had no idea who he was as I only know his voice, not what he looks like. lol!

DD

Plus he does not want to piss off Williams now that he is most likely set to remain with them for next season.

As I've said a few days ago, the deal is already done: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=172211783&postcount=9985

Giving it to Bottas is a strange decision. They aren't fighting for the title, they're just three points apart, and Massa is a much more experienced driver, and probably more capable to give a better feedback to the team.

Zeknurn

Listening to Sky and they got an interview coming up where Pat Symmonds admits they fucked up by telling Bottas to stay put behind Massa for three laps while they scrambled to figure out what to do.

mclem

Américo Teixeira, a very serious and well informed Brazilian journalist said that Nasr won't go to Williams next year. It's not commercially interesting for Williams to have two drivers from the same country, and he has a 2 year contract with Sauber, where Banco do Brasil specifies that their sponsorship deal is up only if Nasr drives for the team. So unless something big happens, Nasr will stay at Sauber.

Commentators everywhere breathe a sigh of relief.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Car was sliding sideways and front wheel got caught beneath the car, so it flipped over.

Perez said that he did not experience any failure and blames dirty artificial grass

Is there any reason Williams wouldn't take the punt on Alex Lynn for the drive? I can't really see them replacing him with Button when Massa is also likely so close to the end of his time in F1.

Stranger things have happened though.

Dilly

Banned
Car was sliding sideways and front wheel got caught beneath the car, so it flipped over.

Perez said that he did not experience any failure and blames dirty artificial grass

He probably didn't feel it, because you could see the wheel snap to the inside on the slow motion footage.

Dilly

Banned
Is there any reason Williams wouldn't take the punt on Alex Lynn for the drive? I can't really see them replacing him with Button when Massa is also likely so close to the end of his time in F1.

Stranger things have happened though.

I can imagine it now, Lynn and Rossi with a drive in F1 and Vandoorne nothing. -_-

tomtom94

Williams' lack of downforce fails them again, sigh. It is amusing how they tend to swap places with Red Bull depending on the track demands.

Mastah

Williams' lack of downforce fails them again, sigh. It is amusing how they tend to swap places with Red Bull depending on the track demands.

It's only practice, Williams cars are always sandbagging on Friday and Saturday morning. They were slower than Ferrari and Toro Rosso at Silverstone in FP3, but beat them handily when qualifying came.

Just had a thought about the brushing up of debris after a crash. Why aren't they using cordless garden vacs? Still use brushes for the dirt but I'm sure a garden vac could suck up the big pieces of carbon.

ramparter

Banned
Man, I miss some yellow on the grid. Enough with these boring corporative colors. I want shining cars.

About the current cars, I believe that they wold look amazing with a 20cm wider and 10 cm lower rear wings. They aren't fugly as the 2009 cars.

ferrari-f60-wallpaper-f2009-8.jpg

Atrocious. Disgusting, actually.

Except for the rear wings everything else was great in 2009, loved how the cars were simpler without all these attachments.

Top Bottom