• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Lemonte

I only got to watch first few laps. Looks like I missed race of the year. First race this year I couldn't watch from start to finish...

andshrew

Mercedes looked shit on all fronts. I was just waiting for that start to happen like last race. Hamilton angry is a unique spectacle of self-destruction. I was waiting for a DNF to happen.

Lol @ the comments like this you'd think Hamilton was Maldonaldo'ing every driver he tried to overtake while raging over the radio. He had two clumsy mistakes but got his head down and raced back cleanly and hard each time. It's just racing. Without the dodgy starts they (or Hamilton at least) would have raced off into the distance as they clearly still had the pace is clear air.

ramparter

Banned
Holy shit what a race. When I booked Hungary I was expecting it to be shit unless we had rain... wow was I wrong. I'm currently in an hour long line waiting for a taxi (they're handling it amazingly) and I'm still beaming. :D

Only negative was that a few stands were half empty, but the atmosphere was excellent. Plus its easily there best track I've been to for food choice and facilities, which is a big win!

Laughing my arse off at Rosberg. For Hamilton to have a day like that and still finish behind him. :D

Seb drove like a beast. Great support for him here too. Shame we couldn't hear the interviews.
We were at bronze and the hot dog was just a big sausage in bread with ketchup/mustard that cost 10€. We brought our own stuff today. Guess you had better offerings there.

Everything else felt great though, its my first GP and boy was I lucky to experience an awesome race.

Also I agree they were very well organised.

I think the locals don't care for the race, many people in Budapest had no idea about it.So maybe that's why many seats were empty.

The atmosphere was awesome, Ferrari had the most fans so the reactions after the start can't be put to words. I was also cheering because I knew that moment this was gonna be exciting. And then Lewis went over the gravel just in front of us and end up 10th.

Many people was cheering for him though while he was making up places.

The funniest moment was Ros puncture, it was crazy everyone was laughing and yelling, it must be really hard for Nico, a whole stadium excited for him losing.

And we even got Alonso on 5th place. I brought them a lot of luck obviously with my 2015 mclaren honda alonso cap. They should pay me to be on all the races :)

10/10

Dilly

Banned
Hamilton loses all his cool again because he isn't in the lead, he did the same in Silverstone. Way too agressive.

Awesome to see Alonso back in his faourite GP position.

I'd sacrifice my left testicle to never see Vettel win in F1 again. Rosberg had one job and he fucked it up.

We were at bronze and the hot dog was just a big sausage in bread with ketchup/mustard that cost 10€. We brought our own stuff today. Guess you had better offerings there.

Ouch, you got fucked. Just outside where you are there were actually a ton of options which were catering to the general enclosure peeps. Will throw some pics up here when I get a min.

I didn't actually go into bronze on Friday when it was free roaming, but I did go past the entrance to it / over to the crazy German campers. Around the corner from you was a little village too which had tons of stuff, live music / dj and a "drift taxi" for the very brave.

Oh, and for anyone coming here in future... don't pay in Euros, pay in Forints. Some things were literally half the price when you do the conversions.

Hamilton loses all his cool again because he isn't in the lead, he did the same in Silverstone. Way too agressive.

Awesome to see Alonso back in his faourite GP position.

I'd sacrifice my left testicle to never see Vettel win in F1 again. Rosberg had one job and he fucked it up.

What the hell, man. Not cool to hear that from you.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yes but Wonderboy was favoured by the team by stopping before Sainz when Sainz was in front.

Sainz isn't happy about it.

Sainz didn't have Verstappen's pace. He and the Williams ahead were holding Verstappen up so the team pitted him so he could speed up and get ahead, smart move by the team.

Yes but Wonderboy was favoured by the team by stopping before Sainz when Sainz was in front.

Sainz isn't happy about it.

Sauber did the same thing.

Ericsson had built up a good lead against Nasr during the first stint but they pitted Nasr first and Ericsson barely made it out ahead after the first pitstop. Ericsson would probably have made it out ahead of Massa as well if he had pitted before Nasr. Now he got stuck behind Massa for quite some time (different tyres).

Fun race. Good to see Vettel win.

He really had to work the car after the SC period. Very back luck for Kimi. They should sign him for 2016 but make it an incentive based contract vs high salary. he has the speed. It just seems like he loses motivation from time to time.

John_B

Lol @ the comments like this you'd think Hamilton was Maldonaldo'ing every driver he tried to overtake while raging over the radio. He had two clumsy mistakes but got his head down and raced back cleanly and hard each time. It's just racing. Without the dodgy starts they (or Hamilton at least) would have raced off into the distance as they clearly still had the pace is clear air.
That was not the kind of imagery I was trying to convey. To me he is above the rest in fighting for track position, but today he was overly aggressive with his moves.

Kyougar

Seeing Vettel only 20 Points behind Rosberg gets my hope a little up.

It would be glorious if mercedes fucks up the next races and Ferrari gets better. It would be crazytown if Vettel wins the WCC this year.
I know most of you dont want to see him win another WCC (or even race @Dilly) But think how much FUN the Season would be! Vettel in his First year at Ferrari, beating the still considered "overpowered" Mercedes.

That would certainly shut up all the commentators trying to say every fucking Race that Formula 1 isnt boring.

Seeing Vettel only 20 Points behind Rosberg gets my hope a little up.

It would be glorious if mercedes fucks up the next races and Ferrari gets better. It would be crazytown if Vettel wins the WCC this year.
I know most of you dont want to see him win another WCC (or even race @Dilly) But think how much FUN the Season would be! Vettel in his First year at Ferrari, beating the still considered "overpowered" Mercedes.

That would certainly shut up all the commentators trying to say every fucking Race that Formula 1 isnt boring.

14379278247225bpk5.jpg

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Lewis overheated the clutch in second formation lap.

Spa will be different story, with possible rain, but I see Mercedes powered cars dominating in dry. Ferrari will probably bring their 4th engine already in Spa, but I expect that Mercedes will respond to that. Factories will be closed for 2 weeks now

Zeknurn

and lol @ McLaren and them having to come up with new colours for their power units parts after exceeding the yellow to red scale.

Aiii

So not worth it
Have Renault said why they haven't used a single token? Is it because they're still working on solving reliability?

Yeah, that's why. I think they're waiting for the Russian GP to do an upgrade, way too late anyways, since to get it, you have to eat a ten placed penalty for the engine change.

DBT85

Fun race, as always seeing people out of position adds a little excitement.

Feel bad for Nico that he got tagged but that's the way things go sometimes.

Kind of glad the race is now done so that everyone involved can stop trying to show which one feels more loss for Jules passing. Obviously its not all the drivers but a bunch of other people in the sport just seem to want you to really really know that they loved him the most.

God damn, what a race. Careless greed killing off both Mercs in one race was too much. Rosberg definitely being the stupidest. He is going to regret that all season. It is amazing how quickly that team degenerates into a circus the second things don't go their way. Fantastic drive from Vettel. Red is my favorite color, but he has some how become one of the most likable drivers on the grid since joining Ferrari. That radio message after winning was as world class as his drive today. Great way to go into break. I really hope to see more teams challenging Merc for the remainder of the season. It makes F1....enjoyable to watch. How odd.

lol, was just looking through my photos from the race and saw that one of the banner planes in the area was actually advertising a "massage parlour" in Budapest. Brilliant. :D

Ark

God damn, what a race. Careless greed killing off both Mercs in one race was too much. Rosberg definitely being the stupidest. He is going to regret that all season. It is amazing how quickly that team degenerates into a circus the second things don't go their way. Fantastic drive from Vettel. Red is my favorite color, but he has some how become one of the most likable drivers on the grid since joining Ferrari. That radio message after winning was as world class as his drive today. Great way to go into break. I really hope to see more teams challenging Merc for the remainder of the season. It makes F1....enjoyable to watch. How odd.

It's a combination of both Hamilton & Rosberg forgetting how to drive in traffic, and the Merc being dog-shit in the dirty air ;)

Shaneus

Holy shit, what a fucking race.

Glad to see Ricciardo on the podium pointing to the heavens for #JB17. Barely cracked a smile either, I think... and possibly close to tears. Big respect for the guy. Shame he couldn't take out the win, but props for the ballsy move on Rosberg. Also a bit glad that both Rosberg and Hamilton finished closely to keep the championship alive.

And Nando got fifth?!? What the fuck is going on? From what I can tell that was pretty much due only to the penalties everyone else had, but still, that's a great result for McLaren-Honda.

Unabashed Hamilton fan (Lewis drove like shit) but I legit felt a twinge of pity for Rosberg when Ricciardo smashed into him.
I feel Dany was being too aggressive. Rosberg did nothing wrong in that collision.

It's a combination of both Hamilton & Rosberg forgetting how to drive in traffic, and the Merc being dog-shit in the dirty air ;)

I feel like the lack of composure extends to the pit wall too. It is going to be interesting to see if less team interaction will benefit or hinder Ros and Ham. Both seem to get pissy at radio messages but both also seem to request a ton of feedback when they want it. Spa can't come soon enough.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
The only way for Vettel to win the championship is to hook up Hamilton with his ex-girlfriend again and to hope that he will spiral back into some feels-phase where he drives like shit.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
The only way for Vettel to win the championship is to hook up Hamilton with his ex-girlfriend again and to hope that he will spiral back into some feels-phase where he drives like shit.

Yeah, Lewis getting back once more with Scherzy would be quite brutal. Then we should renamed him to Lassie.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Maldonado finally makes clear: his shitty driving is not intentional.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120123

Lotus Formula 1 drivers Pastor Maldonado and Romain Grosjean are halfway to accumulating enough penalty points for a race ban after adding to their tallies in the Hungarian Grand Prix.

Drivers who clock up 12 penalty points or more over a 12-month period receive a ban for the following race as part of a system introduced last year, and both Lotus drivers now have six points.

Maldonado picked up two points and a drive-through penalty after the stewards deemed him at fault for a collision with Force India's Sergio Perez.

"It was tough race and the stewards were certainly very strict today, very tough on driving with me and many other drivers," said Maldonado, who finished 14th.

"With Sergio around the outside of me it felt like a racing incident to me; there was nothing intentional in the contact."

Grosjean, who finished seventh, was given two points and a five-second time penalty for an unsafe release.

yami4ct

So, now that we're in Summer Break, what's everyone's silly season predictions? Between Haas coming in, the seemingly guaranteed Williams/Ferrari mixup, tough times at Force India and the always in jeopardy Lotus squad, it looks like we might be in for a real fun one this year.

Kyougar

Even if it was not of his own merit (except for driving without fault) Alonso beat the Mercedes and I have to apologies to Ark a little ;) They WERE fighting for podiums :D

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Could someone explain to me how Grosjean has been given penalty points for an unsafe release?

Yeah I don't understand why they would give a penalty to the driver when the blame is 100% on the team. All the driver does is go as fast as possible when the light goes green, he had no idea there was another car until it was too late. Give a fine to Lotus (that would hurt them more than anything else in their current situation), don't penalize the driver...

Maldonado finally makes clear: his shitty driving is not intentional.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120123

So, what you're saying is that he didn't do it... on prupose?

ClATG8y.jpg

So, now that we're in Summer Break, what's everyone's silly season predictions? Between Haas coming in, the seemingly guaranteed Williams/Ferrari mixup, tough times at Force India and the always in jeopardy Lotus squad, it looks like we might be in for a real fun one this year.

Here are my predictions.

Well, summer break. Time for the silly season to kick in with full force.

e: We're going to have at least 5 confirmations for 3 drivers to change teams. Red Bull is going to buy Ferrari and Mercedes engines for one car each. James Allison is going to get fired. Twice. Alonso is going to leave F1 for GP2. Stuff like that.

Dilly

Banned

According to the British tabloids he's into Rihanna now.

So he'll implode again somewhere next year.

Top Bottom