• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Azzawon

Damn it, caved and had to do my own top 20.

1. Vettel
2. Hamilton - Would've been #1 if it wasn't for his dismal performance in Hungary
3. Ricciardo
4. Bottas
5. Hulkenberg
6. Rosberg
7. Alonso
8. Verstappen
9. Nasr
10. Kvyat
11. Massa
12. Sainz
13. Grosjean
14. Button
15. Stevens
16. Raikkonen
17. Perez
18. Ericsson
19. Merhi
20. Maldonado

I have to base them off the performances throughout the season, and obviously it's hard to compare drivers in considerably slower cars. It's hard to really see how good a job they're doing with inferior equipment at their disposal.

I have to base them off the performances throughout the season, and obviously it's hard to compare drivers in considerably slower cars. It's hard to really see how good a job they're doing with inferior equipment at their disposal.

It doesn't help that you barely get to see drivers outside the points during a race either.

Just going by performance compared to what the car is capable of Kimi should probably be at the bottom. I felt bad for him in Hungary when he finally had a really good weekend.

Azzawon

It doesn't help that you barely get to see drivers outside the points during a race either.

Just going by performance compared to what the car is capable of Kimi should probably be at the bottom. I felt bad for him in Hungary when he finally had a really good weekend.

Exactly, the only time we really see the two Manors are when they're getting lapped. They barely even get coverage during practice and qualifying.

Kimi has shown signs of performance in Bahrain and Hungary, it's just a shame that he seems to get hit by the bad luck when he least needs it. I have a feeling it's just hindering his progression and confidence, where Seb is able to just get on with the job without issue.

tomtom94

Kimi has shown signs of performance in Bahrain and Hungary, it's just a shame that he seems to get hit by the bad luck when he least needs it. I have a feeling it's just hindering his progression and confidence, where Seb is able to just get on with the job without issue.

I think Kimi these days is also one of the drivers who is only really able to hook it up when he has the car perfectly underneath him rather than being able to outdrive a poor car in the manner of Kubica or Alonso.

Kimi's biggest problem is qualifying. In races he hasn't been that much slower than Vettel but when you start behind your teammate in pretty much every race and you have the same car you are not gonna win him. Has been actually his problem since coming back to F1 but Grosjean wasn't that high bar and Lotus fitted his gloves perfectly in races so he could salvage a lot in every race. He just can't get these modern tyres work in qualifying.

Aiii

So not worth it
Kimi is well behind Vettel in races too. Maybe he can squeeze out a decent lap here and there, but he's not as consistent, makes way too many errors and is just not on Vettel's level by any means.

He might be Vettel's weakest teammate in F1 yet, including Bourdais.

Average lap times are pretty similar between the two with the small edge going to Vettel (Kimi usually has the fastest lap in the race though). I don't deny that he has made plenty of mistakes this year though which is pretty unsual for Kimi historically.

Aiii

So not worth it
What Max Verstappen does when he's not driving F1:

11330571_100854270267316_1014236768_n.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
I assume he's not building it himself because the screwdrivers are sharp and his mum won't let him?

:p

Haha, lol.

If I was 17 and making his kind of money (which I'm assuming is way more than even I'm making right now, and I'm relatively well off), I'd have people build shit for me all that time.

DBT85

Haha, lol.

If I was 17 and making his kind of money (which I'm assuming is way more than even I'm making right now, and I'm relatively well off), I'd have people build shit for me all that time.

Odd, I'd want to be doing more myself because if I fuck it up I can just buy another one.

Never learn anything if everyone does everything for you.

Lego Boss

Vettel higher than Hamilton; Ricciardo higher than Bottas.

Based on this year's performances alone, I can't agree with you Shaneus.

I think there is some perception bias there. Ham was not too strong at Silverstone or Budapest, but apart from that he has been supreme and is certainly driving better than last season. Vettel is having a good season, but he's not at the level of Hamilton.

Would love to see them both in a Ferrari.

Kyougar

Saw the radio transcripts of hungary and found it odd that Red Bull was telling their young driver (kvyatt) who got his FIRST Podium, that he didnt really deserved it. oO
Maybe tell him later after he celebrated a bit to get him back into reality but not after he got his best achievement in his entire carrer.

Always odd that Red Bull are such Ricciardo Fanboys, they had to tell Kvyatt to fuck off and let ricciardo pass when he himself was fighting within DRS Window for Position.

itsgreen

Saw the radio transcripts of hungary and found it odd that Red Bull was telling their young driver (kvyatt) who got his FIRST Podium, that he didnt really deserved it. oO
Maybe tell him later after he celebrated a bit to get him back into reality but not after he got his best achievement in his entire carrer.

Always odd that Red Bull are such Ricciardo Fanboys, they had to tell Kvyatt to fuck off and let ricciardo pass when he himself was fighting within DRS Window for Position.

Yeah and he let Ricciardo by and he went away like a rocket..

DD

Care to share the link? I'm interested.

Aiii

So not worth it
VL Gianpiero Lambiase Daniil Kvyat Yeah a little bit more than we deserved I guess. Nonetheless you were there to pick up the pieces so well done for that. We will analyse the pace later. Good job.
VL Daniil Kvyat Gianpiero Lambiase Yes, yes, I understand. Thank you for the first podium guys, thank you. It was a tough race. We will analyse but we all deserve this after such a tough season. We will keep pushing always.
VL Christian Horner Daniil Kvyat Well done Danny. You know what a podium means. Great job today and it’s the kind of race I think Bianchi would have enjoyed, I’m sure you’ll be thinking about him.
You oversold that, all they said they lucked out, it wasn't even directed at him directly, referencing the entire team, followed by praise for him as a driver and a congratulations by Horner.

dubc35

http://en.f1i.com/news/20345-honda-ran-with-no-limitations-in-hungary.html
Asked if Honda had been able to run its ERS at 100%, Arai replied: “Yes, completely full, perfect.

“There were no limitations, no restrictions and it was very good. It was a good deployment program, very good, and also very good harvesting. So the energy use was at full power, which is very good

And Arai says the result is just reward for both sides of the McLaren-Honda project after a difficult first half of the season.

“Honestly I’m very happy. I want to say thank you very much to all of the team and also to the support from Sakura and at Woking. There are a lot of people who work very hard and it’s a very good result.”
Very good is Honda's version of the Ferrari 'for sure'?

So that's their full power output for now then.

Well... that's shit. Imagine where that full power output would have got them were it not for the carnage going on.

f0rk

At the tracks it definitely seems like Kimi has the biggest fanbase out of the drivers. Ferrari then Merc for the teams.

Kimi fans are the best generally. Will be such a shame to lose them when he goes.

Had one face painted guy stagger his way over to us on Friday and ask as best he could if we liked Kimi. He looked genuinely concerned whilst waiting for the answer, then burst into cheers when we said yes. :D

There definitely was a disproportionate amount of Finns there, it was similar at Monza last year. Apparently Hungary is like their home GP.

My stand had two guys with beer helmets that kept cheering 'lets go Kimi lets go' and 'Kimi for president'. I almost gave a 'Lets go Kimi' when he retired but given how violently one of them through a beer can from his helmet out of the stand it's probably best I didn't.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Arai's PR is really idiotic.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120153

Honda believes McLaren's double-points finish in the Hungarian Grand Prix has signalled the real start to the alliance's Formula 1 season.

Honda's return to F1 has been under the spotlight this year, with Jenson Button and Fernando Alonso taking big penalties in Austria last month for exceeding their power unit allocation.

But reliability has started to improve recently, with Alonso and Button able to take advantage of a chaotic race at the Hungaroring to finish fifth and ninth.

"We've got two cars in the points for the first time this season, so our season has now really started," Honda motosport chief Yasuhisa Arai told AUTOSPORT.

"A bigger force has helped us. We're very, very lucky."

Arai was pleased with how the outfit performed across the weekend, with an electrical problem for Alonso in qualifying the only blot on its copybook.

"On Saturday I was very disappointed, but on Sunday there was a change and we had a very good situation," said Arai.

"Fernando is a fantastic, great driver. The day was perfect.

"Over the weekend the engine data was fine, although we had a small issue on Saturday, but now perfect."

While the teams will close their factories for the mandatory two-week summer shutdown before the Belgium Grand Prix, Arai said Honda will keep pushing as it looks to boost the performance of its engine.

"On the control side things are very good, so we will apply more power output for Spa and Monza, both power circuits," he said.

"We want to compete at the top so we have to chase."

"We don't have a holiday. We have a good summer, but no vacation. We will still be pushing hard.

"Although the teams shut down, we still have to work. We will still be pushing hard."

So, a double-point finish in an absolutely chaotic race, and after having had engine problems again during qualifying, marks the start of the season. Paradoxically, after saying this, he even acknowledges that they just got lucky.

stryke

For some reason I completely missed the news that drivers will no longer have assists from the team in regards to starts. That should make things more interesting...and probably worse for my boy Ric :(

dubc35

For some reason I completely missed the news that drivers will no longer have assists from the team in regards to starts. That should make things more interesting...and probably worse for my boy Ric :(
Imagine if Webber didn't have start assists.

Top Bottom