• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Zeknurn

Alguersuari won't take part in the 2015/2016 season. Hopefully he gets to the bottom of what caused him to faint and will be able to return to racing.

As you well know, last June I suffered a fainting episode after the Moscow ePrix. As a consequence of this faint, my license to race was temporarily suspended because the FIA commission wanted to delve into medical research.
During the month of July I underwent several tests for which there has not been a medical resolution and I am still waiting for the final diagnosis. For this reason I need to announce that, unfortunately, I will not be able to take part in the FIA Formula E Championship for the 2015/16 season with my team DS Virgin Racing.
I want to wish good luck to the team in the new championship and thank everyone for their support.
In September I will announce my future plans. Until then, happy summer to all!
Jaime Alguersuari
https://www.facebook.com/jalguersuari

Staab

Jesus, bad news all around.
Must've been terrifying to wake up, being robbed (and, thank god, not more...) and defenseless...

And poor Jaime, they just revoke his license because he fainted once ??

Gruso

I'm a bit dubious about the gas thing. It doesn't really work like it does in James Bond movies, and sounds like an urban myth happily propagated by the tabloids that reported it.

Regardless, that doesn't take away from the awful experience of being robbed. And while you sleep! Really unsettling stuff.

Mastah

Good to hear Jenson and Jessica are unharmed, but:

PicNews150807.jpg

http://sniffpetrol.com/2015/08/07/p...tton-poison-gas-robbery-mystery/#.VcRrvFMzTXR

Damn :D

Ark

Anyone with Autosport plus tell me what this article says please D: http://plus.autosport.com/premium/feature/6628/how-f1-is-holding-its-games-back/

The AI is great.

As usual, FOM contracts don't allow any flexibility for the game. You can't move Merhi from Manor to Mercedes for example. Also the game has to replicate the current pecking order, so you'll never see any surprise results that only a video game could provide.

I just skim read it, but I think that was the jist.

The whole gas thing just doesn't add up, how many canisters of whatever anesthetic gas where these experienced criminals had? they would've had to come with a truckload of them to displace other gasses like oxigen, saturate a huge room, and THEN achieve a high enough dose at blood level to generate the anesthesic effect... ehh sounds more trouble than benefit even for a quarter of a million pounds

Fox Mulder

The AI is great.

As usual, FOM contracts don't allow any flexibility for the game. You can't move Merhi from Manor to Mercedes for example. Also the game has to replicate the current pecking order, so you'll never see any surprise results that only a video game could provide.

I just skim read it, but I think that was the jist.

it's a shame. The core racing is good, as is the AI this year. It looks nice too. I've had fun with it for what is is. It's just a barebones game everywhere else. Short dev cycles with yearly releases and a strict expensive licensing agreement hurts development.

Other sports leagues are fine with deep career modes. The EA nascar games had multiple tiers of developmental series to climb your way up and earn sponsors. FOM just doesnt want that stuff.

TCRS

Banned
th_ws9t038jb42.gif

WHY ALWAYS KIMI WHY

I've finally got some time to watch the hungarian GP and my god what a glorious start! absolute domination and destruction by ferrari and hamilton off road lawl. watching F1 hasn't felt that good in a long time.

and now I'm at that part where Kimi is having problems...

ouch what a crash by hulk.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
holy shit what restart

(tfw commenting a race two weeks after the race and no one responds)

Haha.

Just keep on posting. I want to see the reactions to scenes I know will come. :p

TCRS

Banned
haha I finished watching. what a spectacular ending on top. poor rosberg, was his own fault though.

I teared up at Vettels message for Bianchi ;_; but I do wish all the teams would have done more. remember the black nose ferrari? I wish they would have done something like that.

oh well, only two more weeks...

DD

Teams budgets (in millions) according to Business Book GP:

Red Bull: € 468,7
Mercedes: € 467,4
McLaren: € 465
Ferrari: € 418
Williams: € 186,4
Lotus: € 139,1
Toro Rosso: € 137,45
Force India: € 129,7
Sauber: € 103,25
Manor: € 83

Fox Mulder

Williams doing pretty well with their budget then.

Shaneus

Jesus, the disparity between the top and bottom halves is fucking ridiculous. How can FoM/FIA not see the problem there?

Top Bottom