• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Aiii

So not worth it
How does safety "sterilize" the sport? Silly opinion to have. Nothing changes, except your chances of dying... for the better.

Come on Hulk, have an open mind.

He's channeling his inner Heidfeld.

Except that Heidfeld pulled it much better off.

Meanwhile, Arrivabene is cleanly shaved for a change.

uJoxZBY.png

And speaking of Ferrari:

"Ferrari will also have fresh engines. But not all remaining tokens used in 4th PU. They have to take a penalty to use the rest this year."

Fox Mulder

How does safety "sterilize" the sport? Silly opinion to have. Nothing changes, except your chances of dying... for the better.

Come on Hulk, have an open mind.

It has sterilized the sport already with massive run off zones at tracks that take some of the risk/reward edge away. Maybe even emboldening drivers to do stupid moves they never would get away with before.

I can see why some drivers are against these.

Dilly

Banned
Except that Heidfeld pulled it much better off.

Meanwhile, Arrivabene is cleanly shaved for a change.

uJoxZBY.png

And speaking of Ferrari:

"Ferrari will also have fresh engines. But not all remaining tokens used in 4th PU. They have to take a penalty to use the rest this year."

Why Maurizio, why?

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Mercedes using all 7 tokens for new engine from Monza till end of season.
Doesn't sound like a performance upgrade as such rather a reliability and efficiency update meaning they can run their engine at peak power for longer.

frontieruk

Doesn't sound like a performance upgrade as such rather a reliability and efficiency update meaning they can run their engine at peak power for longer.

Because their engines are so unrealiable, and slow, I guess they are prepping it for next years rules.

Fox Mulder

maybe it'll make them worse.

Or maybe they're trying to achieve warp speed.
tumblr_mnwwvjhsgf1qir88ko1_500.gif

dubc35

After a season and a half under the same PU regulations I feel like most teams should be able to run peak power for significant distance. I don't think reality agrees with my opinion sadly.

Mastah

Alonso: "I've never run with such high tyre pressures they're talking about in my whole career"

Pirelli is the bestest.

I'm planning to get the game for xbox one today, physical copy, but i'm going on vacation and my beach internet is quite limited, can anyone please inform me about the patch(es) size? I know that unpatched this game is quite a mess
I don't really think I'll be able to download anything above 1gb

Fox Mulder

I'm planning to get the game for xbox one today, physical copy, but i'm going on vacation and my beach internet is quite limited, can anyone please inform me about the patch(es) size? I know that unpatched this game is quite a mess
I don't really think I'll be able to download anything above 1gb

For f1 2015, I don't recall how big the day one patch was, but the xb1 hasn't received any of the recent patches the ps4 and pc have.

For f1 2015, I don't recall how big the day one patch was, but the xb1 hasn't received any of the recent patches the ps4 and pc have.

thanks for the info, guess I'll not get it then (played it in the ps4 with the day 1 patch and it was a buggy mess), will just wait for forza and play forza5 until then

Maldonado outright said that he had a contract for 2015 and 2016 and it wouldn't matter if Renault bought them.

PDVSA hasn't payed the 50 million due to Lotus, so Maldonado can say whatever he wants.

If they're waiting for the Renault deal to sort itself out or if they're leaving F1 (oil prices down and the situation in Venezuela) who knows.

Mercedes are 10 kph faster than the rest in S1 and speed trap, already pushing 352 kph.

Wonder if anyone will break the Kimi's 2005 speed record this year (370.1 kph). Crazy how quickly these cars advance technologically. In 2005 you had V10s in these cars....

Mastah

Meaningless. Nobody has run their engine on full power, except Mercedes. They are probably using their new engine right away whilst the other teams will wait tomorrow to do so.

Yeah, I'm sure Mercedes run their new engine, which is exploring new direction/is actually their 2016 PU brought forward, to the full power in the first few minutes of running. That would be wise.

Andrew Benson ‏@andrewbensonf1 34s35 seconds ago

#BBCF1's @TomClarksonF1 reports Renault are delaying their engine upgrade and it will now be Austin at the earliest

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Mercedes be like: "Of course we will sell our PU to Red Bull. We want rivals, not victims."

DD

Button wants closed cockpits:

Speaking to reporters ahead of this weekends Italian Grand Prix, Button said, "This shouldn’t happen now in motor sport. It’s not the ‘70s, we should know better. I was one of many who said we should keep open cockpit racing but we’ve had enough now, it’s time to do something serious about it, not just change things like the headrests."

dalin80

Banned
Mercedes be like: "Of course we will sell our PU to Red Bull. We want rivals, not victims."

Red bull are toxic, after seeing how they have bitched and whined for years not to mention repeatedly slagging off Renault and trying to throw them under the bus my response to that phone call asking for engines would be a simple 'fuck off'.

Aiii

So not worth it
Red bull are toxic, after seeing how they have bitched and whined for years not to mention repeatedly slagging off Renault and trying to throw them under the bus my response to that phone call asking for engines would be a simple 'fuck off'.

Yeah, it's not like Renault engines constantly break in races, are shit ass slow to boot and Renault drivers have to constantly eat grid penalties because of engine changes or anything. What terrible people they are for getting frustrated with the situation.

Andrew Benson ‏@andrewbensonf1 34s35 seconds ago

#BBCF1's @TomClarksonF1 reports Renault are delaying their engine upgrade and it will now be Austin at the earliest

I mean, just terrible people.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Has there ever been a team or engine manufacturer in modern F1 who entered or reentered the sport with lofty promises for their first seasons and actually delivered?

Goldrusher

2016 calendar news...

Singapore and Malaysia were originally due to run back to back on September 18 and 25, but due to their geographical proximity, the concern is one event will detract from the other.

"We're putting Malaysia later on, into December, away from Singapore," Ecclestone told AUTOSPORT.

"The Malaysians were happy, but the Singaporeans weren't, so we decided to look into it.
Ecclestone has told Motorsport.com that his current plan is to make Malaysia the penultimate race, with Abu Dhabi slotting in as the finale at some point in December.

However, there may yet be further alterations, with teams expressing worries about a shorter summer break to Ecclestone.

In recent years there has been a four-week gap between the Hungarian and Belgian GPs, allowing the teams to adhere to regulations whereby there must be a complete two-week factory shutdown during that period.

For 2016, however, there is only a three-week interval, putting considerable strain on all race-attending staff, and making the shutdown almost impossible to work around.

One possible solution would be to push the Belgian, Italian and Singapore races back by one week each, to September 4, 11 and 25.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120615
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-set-for-december-finale-in-abu-dhabi-in-2016

Top Bottom