• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

FuturusX

I'm Hamilton fan and I'm enjoying his run of dominance, but if they broke the rules either through error of willfully then they should be punished in the standard fashion, in line with the rules and penalties. Play this by the book.

yami4ct

Sorry my bad...

Those bastards have fitted a front tyre to the rear, complete with it's warmer and steering mechanism... and nose cone! CHEATS!!! CHEATTSSSS!!!!!!!!!

I don't think anyone will claim that the tyre pressure change is the reason they won at all. Rules exist for a reason and should be followed, though. If a team broke the rules, they need to be punished, especially if those rules exist for safety reasons.

Fox Mulder

Give McLaren's situation, I can't see him lasting more than 1 more season. The stress of a being in a car that can break down at any moment can't be a fun way to spend the end of your career.

it's sad that a shit team and engine killed his enthusiasm for the sport. he still had fire last year in interviews as the retirement speculation kicked up. I'm sure he was drunk on the Honda hype too though.

What a waste of two great drivers in two very expensive Manors.

dalin80

Banned
I don't think anyone will claim that the tyre pressure change is the reason they won at all. Rules exist for a reason and should be followed, though. If a team broke the rules, they need to be punished, especially if those rules exist for safety reasons.

You should head over to the autosport forums!

You can easily see who will be calling for Lewis to be disqualified from the season, they always have schumacher avatars.

yami4ct

it's sad that a shit team and engine killed his enthusiasm for the sport. he still had fire last year in interviews as the retirement speculation kicked up. I'm sure he was drunk on the Honda hype too though.

What a waste of two great drivers in two very expensive Manors.

Hearing him talk about some of his retirements, he's been actually afraid driving the car on a few occasions. I don't think driving in a car that at times you feel like you can keep under control is gonna be good for your racing enthusiasm.

Ce-Lin

Alonso said in Spanish radio that the car was behaving randomly all race, some straights it would keep power even if it was atrocious then the next it would not accelerate properly, he was clueless how he caught up with Button and then the car decided "no more fun for you" when the pass was a certain thing, he hinted that this might be his last year when he said he cannot commit to his previous comments "the car will improve" and wanted to think about his life, about his family and his (gorgeous) girlfriend and become a family man.

It definitely sounded like "If I could I would jump ship today and leave F1 for good"

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Alonso said in Spanish radio that the car was behaving randomly all race, some straights it would keep power even if it was atrocious then the next it would not accelerate properly, he was clueless how he caught up with Button and then the car decided "no more fun for you" when the pass was a certain thing, he hinted that this might be his last year when he said he cannot commit to his previous comments "the car will improve" and wanted to think about his life, about his family and his (gorgeous) girlfriend and become a family man.

It definitely sounded like "If I could I would jump ship today and leave F1 for good"

The man does not even have energy left for samurai bullshit.

dalin80

Banned

There's a good chance that there will be two people MIA at the Woking factory tomorrow morning.

Maybe a post-it note on the fridge, 'Fuck it, we are going to the WEC'.

Ruruja

It's really crap seeing two World Champions in McLarens tootling around in 15th and 16th place or retiring. I can understand them both finally losing interest.

Fox Mulder

just sad. Wasting a year of two championship drivers careers, but also stomping out their drive to even be in the sport. Awful.

yami4ct

I hope Honda can get their shit together in the off season and actually build a decent engine. I feel like Alonso probably has at least one WDC left in him if he can get a car underneath him. I'd hate to see his drive killed because he got stuck in an awful technical situation.

Juicy Bob

Vettel: "I don't think it's fair that you hammer drivers with questions about this [tyre infringement drama] because it's not down to them. So please stick your microphone in someone else's face about this :lol"

Fair play to him.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Has Ron even went to Monza?

And I think that Mercedes will appeal to higher instances if they are punished today.

Dilly

Banned
Even as a rookie I'd rather be in a Manor this season, at least those cars last a race and behave in a predictable manner.

John_B

This is a depressing waste of Alonso. He would be exciting to watch in a Williams even.

Button might regret what he wished for last season. He will be out before that car reaches a podium. Meanwhile we have Magnussen and Vandoorne thirsting for a seat, and it sucks there is no room for them.

FuturusX

This is a depressing waste of Alonso. He would be exciting to watch in a Williams even.

Button might regret what he wished for last season. He will be out before that car reaches a podium. Meanwhile we have Magnussen and Vandoorne thirsting for a seat, and it sucks there is no room for them.

Don't worry about those guys, next season they'll haas options.

(I'll grab me coat)

sam777

Sounds like both Alonso and Button have had enough really. Honda just sucks. It is sad really as the chassis of the car is actually pretty good.

dalin80

Banned
Some GP2 cars are getting in trouble with tyre pressures as well.

They were doing tyre blanket shenanigans to get false reading, bit of a different situation.

What is important here is that it is a vital safety situation, so important that only 4 cars were checked and one of the teams weren't informed that the pressures were too low until after they had already pitted for the next set. Absolutely vital.

dalin80

Banned
So they only under inflated the one tyre the FIA checked? The image shows at least two tyres on Nico's car were under the minimum limit, all four were, these cheaters need disqualifying.

The image shows one tyre, just one. A tyre which the stewards aren't even considering. It doesn't show if it was being checked or inflated at that time. But let's not let facts like that get in the way of yelling 'cheat' about a driver you don't like.

Mastah

Lewis Hamilton ‏@LewisHamilton 35s36 seconds ago

Guys, I honestly hadn't realise it was a minute of silence. I was so focused & listening to my music, I thought we were taking a photo.

I have the upmost respect & appreciation for Justin & his family. My sincere apologies.

I was told the minute of silence would be on the grid same as it was for Jules. I was misinformed. You're comments tho �������� love it����

Always #blessed.

Mastah

I guess because he was IndyCar driver.

Toto - No DSQ! Results stand!

Formula 1 ‏@F1 42s42 seconds ago

Breaking - stewards decide to take no further action regarding Mercedes tyre pressures during #ItalianGP. #F1

Ruruja

abr.gif

Top Bottom