• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Read on Autosport that Ferrari will be dual-tracking. They clearly have the budget to do so. Regarding Mercedes, they are definitely shifting to 2016 now, on both the engine and the chassis.

Waste of resources. Probably statement was made pre-race, when they thought that they really caught Mercedes and received nice reality check during the race. Unless they will use remaining races for testing new parts, some of which could appear on 2016 car. But that will soon be a case for all teams.

Waste of resources. Probably statement was made pre-race, when they thought that they really caught Mercedes and received nice reality check during the race. Unless they will use remaining races for testing new parts, some of which could appear on 2016 car. But that will soon be a case for all teams.

Yep. Apparently, Ferrari is going to totally revamp their chassis and PU for 2016. Marchionne sounding extremely confident. I've heard the term "revolution" to describe their 2016 car earlier this year.

It's going to be the first 100% Allison car too...

We might be looking at a Kimi or Vettel WDC...

John_B

Painful weekend for Rosberg. The championship is out of his hands at this point. It will be interesting to see his response over the next few races.

I hope Ferrari can get up close next season. It would be pretty awesome with a tight championship between Vettel and Hamilton.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Only technical issues can stop Lewis this season
Yep. Apparently, Ferrari is going to totally revamp their chassis and PU for 2016. Marchionne sounding extremely confident. I've heard the term "revolution" to describe their 2016 car earlier this year.

It's going to be the first 100% Allison car too...

We might be looking at a Kimi or Vettel WDC...

It is Monza weekend and of course Ferrari will tell everything to please their fans, sponsors, investors and Italian press. Even more, if the empire big boss comes around to check the team.

We will see next March, how many of that boasting will come true.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

Sounds like a disaster in the making.

FuturusX

Marchionne was really laying down spades of confidence in the 2016 package. Fighting talk for sure, but hey that's his job right?

Massa

Button should retire, as should Kimi and Massa. Their careers have nothing more left to give. Let the young bloods in.

Lose a couple of world champions for more "young Senna's"? You'd get more "fun" in crashes and stuff, but I prefer better racing instead. Even today it was a joy to watch Kimi go through the field.

If anything I'd like to see a senior driver do a race every now and then. Maybe one of the smaller teams like Marussia and McLaren could do it as a marketing exercise.

Xun

Lose a couple of world champions for more "young Senna's"? You'd get more "fun" in crashes and stuff, but I prefer better racing instead. Even today it was a joy to watch Kimi go through the field.

If anything I'd like to see a senior driver do a race every now and then. Maybe one of the smaller teams like Marussia and McLaren could do it as a marketing exercise.
Ice cold.

Haha.

BlazeGaj

Neo Member
Breaking News: Disgruntled Alonso leaves McLaren and joins Red Bull for 2016.
Breaking News: Red Bull announces that it will use Honda engines in 2016.

Breaking News: Alonso announces retirement to go in acting career 2017
Breaking News: Alonso stars in the The tragedy of the Samurai 2018

Could you imagine...

Well that certainly shakes things up next season. That Lotus acquisition is also probably going to go down too, correct?

Yea, don't see why not. It will be good for Renault, less bitching in general.

John_B

Red Bull will force Mercedes to supply them somehow.

So next season we will get a three way championship battle between Hamilton, Vettel and Ricciardo. Not bad.

Zeknurn

Red Bull will get the B-spec engine from Mercedes anyway. So unless they can put a Newey level chassi they won't be close to the works team.

dubc35

Sounds like a disaster in the making.
Agreed, sounds a lot like McLaren in 2013(?). That was the last year of the previous formula, correct? Whichever year it was where they were close to winning pace the prior year and redesigned everything with worse results.

hitgirl

X8Ok0cN.gif

Jesus Christ dude, you won by a fucking landslide.

Dude gets more annoying as the days roll by.

I actually thought this was a great moment. He just realized he has the championship in the bag for this year.

chadskin

Breaking News: Disgruntled Alonso leaves McLaren and joins Red Bull for 2016.
Breaking News: Red Bull announces that it will use Honda engines in 2016.

Breaking News: Alonso found dead at apartment, reportedly hung himself.
Breaking News: Computer experts suggest Alonso's last read e-mail sent by Red Bull chief Christian Horner, titled "Sorry Fernando, it's gonna be Honda. Hang in there."

sam777

Honda and McLaren are complete shit this year (mainly the Honda engine) but looking in to 2016 with this year under the belt do people expect them to make significant gains for 2016?

Fox Mulder

Honda and McLaren are complete shit this year (mainly the Honda engine) but looking in to 2016 with this year under the belt do people expect them to make significant gains for 2016?

It's possible, but Renault got worse this year and spent lots of money themselves.

Shaneus

Surprised no-one's really mentioned Ricciardo during this race, did well to go from 19th to 8th, especially considering he'd just taken Ericsson on the last lap and was seriously close to nailing Hulk as well. Given that POS Renault, incredibly solid race.

3FPrTWH.jpg

Side question: Is there any possibility whatsoever that Honda could have a decent PU next year? Do they use tokens if they work on developing an engine behind the scenes if it's not used during the current season?

Marchionne was really laying down spades of confidence in the 2016 package. Fighting talk for sure, but hey that's his job right?

He's hyping Ferrari because yes it's his job but also there's a Ferrari IPO in the near future.

Also, his boss was at the Italian GP, so he has to double down on the optimism.

Not to say Ferrari won't be successful, the investment has been huge, but his words go far beyond the F1 team.

Although I still think Mercedes will win this years and next years titles.

Side question: Is there any possibility whatsoever that Honda could have a decent PU next year? Do they use tokens if they work on developing an engine behind the scenes if it's not used during the current season?

Not if they change their way of operating - if they want success, they can't use their F1 program as a training program for their engineers.

And Mclaren's "size zero" concept was a huge and stupid risk considering the state of Honda's PU.

dalin80

Banned

I'm guessing this was just after the race during the fuss over the tyre pressures, probably one whole bag of mixed emotions going on, I would probably be curled up in a corner somewhere just crying, just had the perfect race and Grand Chalem weekend, put a firm hand on the WDC trophy for that so important 3rd time... and then have to deal with a mound of shit over 0.3psi which had absolutely nothing to do with you.

Mastah

Speaking of achievements, how's this called?

P1 in FP1 - Hamilton
P1 in FP2 - Hamilton
P1 in FP3 - Hamilton
P1 in Q1 - Hamilton
P1 in Q2 - Hamilton
P1 in Q3 - Hamilton
Winner - Hamilton
Fastest Lap - Hamilton
Leading all laps - Hamilton

Being #blessed?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
RBR will end up either with Ferrari or Mercedes engine. German manufacturer is still waiting for Lotus decision and they will supply RBR only if they lose Lotus.

Horner would rather see Ferrari engine, but Red Bull big boss wants Mercedes and he is putting pressure on Bernie to help them with this matter.

P1 in FP1 - Hamilton
P1 in FP2 - Hamilton
P1 in FP3 - Hamilton
P1 in Q1 - Hamilton
P1 in Q2 - Hamilton
P1 in Q3 - Hamilton
Winner - Hamilton
Fastest Lap - Hamilton

Being #blessed?

Grand CheFUCKINGHELLlem

RBR will end up either with Ferrari or Mercedes engine. German manufacturer is still waiting for Lotus decision and they will supply RBR only if they lose Lotus.

Horner would rather see Ferrari engine, but Red Bull big boss wants Mercedes and he is putting pressure on Bernie to help them with this matter.

It all depends on the relationship they had when Ferrari was providing Torro Rosso, and how they broke up that relationship.

I think Mercedes will be more tolerant if a customer team beats it on track.

dalin80

Banned

P1 in FP1 - Hamilton
P1 in FP2 - Hamilton
P1 in FP3 - Hamilton
P1 in Q1 - Hamilton
P1 in Q2 - Hamilton
P1 in Q3 - Hamilton
Winner - Hamilton
Fastest Lap - Hamilton
Defeating a FIA brain-fart - Hamilton

Being #blessed?

Added one of the greater achievements onto the list as well.

Spa2008 Never Forget.

Ark

P1 in FP1 - Hamilton
P1 in FP2 - Hamilton
P1 in FP3 - Hamilton
P1 in Q1 - Hamilton
P1 in Q2 - Hamilton
P1 in Q3 - Hamilton
Winner - Hamilton
Fastest Lap - Hamilton

Being #blessed?

I was wondering if he'd claimed a Grand Chelem this weekend but I couldn't be bothered to check. Nice to see he got another :D

Business

Surprised no-one's really mentioned Ricciardo during this race, did well to go from 19th to 8th, especially considering he'd just taken Ericsson on the last lap and was seriously close to nailing Hulk as well. Given that POS Renault, incredibly solid race.

Ricciardo was fantastic, it was a shame he lost a tad more time in blue flags than Hulkenberg and Ericsson in the last few laps or he'd have gotten Hulkenberg too. I'd say all 4 Red Bull drivers were great, maybe Kiviat shining a bit less. Perez was great too, consistently faster than Hulkenberg on all tyre conditions. Those were the performances of the day in my opinion.

This quote from Vettel is like the perfect Ferrari mantra of the last few years.

"I had a great car today, not good enough to win but good enough to just finish second."

He has nothing in the bag. OK I'm not saying he wont be the Champion but what happened to Nico could happen to him.

True, but if he's almoat always in front of Nico when he finishes a race he has nothing to worry about

Mercedes will destroy everyone else from next race anyway.

Gongrats Lewis. Well deserved

ramparter

Banned
Maybe Vettel will continue Fernandos legacy at Ferrari...
I don't know, that guy is born to be successful, I'd go as far to say he could be the one to break MSch record of 7 wdc... if McLaren-Honda wasn't there to stop him.

edit
Btw I find it really impressive that Massa is 6 points ahead f his team mate. The guy has a very consistent year. Even though his too old for this :p

Ark

He has nothing in the bag. OK I'm not saying he wont be the Champion but what happened to Nico could happen to him.

I took that moment as him just appreciating the tifosi/fans. He's always going on about how much he appreciates his fans, and there's nothing quite like the Monza podium - even if they're all cheering for the guy stood next to you.

It's too early to say he has the Championship in the bag, we've still got the Singapore 'swing' to get through first. But yeah, with a current 53-point lead he's definitely in a more dominant position than this time last year.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I don't know, that guy is born to be successful, I'd go as far to say he could be the one to break MSch record of 7 wdc... if McLaren-Honda wasn't there to stop him.

It depends more on Ferrari's new technical staff than on Vettel. If they can finally manage to develop a car in one direction instead of stagnating or going backwards, then Vettel will surely be a WDC candidate. He is a very consistent driver who rarely makes big mistakes, which is the most important driver skill if you want to win a championship. And he also seems to get along better with his crew, which, being part of the nebulous human factor, isn't completely irrelevant.

Top Bottom