• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Mohonky

Arai is constantly talking about the ICE, even though that doesn't matter nearly as much in this formula.

This however is just plain stupidity, if there are people with the expertise to improve your shitty product, you hire them if you can.

Yeh I dont get this. We have as much ICE as our opponents, thats great, but there is another 160hp to be found in the rest of the PU, where is it?

Its not even that they are down on power there, its not nearly as efficient or able to recover power so even if they were pushing the same amount of power they dont have it available as often as the opposition.

I believe this was the last upgrade Merc made, its not so much more power, its that it is available for a lot more of the time.

The Honda PU is fucking embarassing. Last years engines were more reliable than that turd of a thing.

So it looks like The Stoff is the chosen one with Magnussen's option not taken up and McLaren willing to pay for him to drive at Manor next season, they also say it's up to Button if he stays next season, surely an announcement at Suzuka?

Magnussen is done if he doesn't get in at Haas.

Zeknurn

So it looks like The Stoff is the chosen one with Magnussen's option not taken up and McLaren willing to pay for him to drive at Manor next season, they also say it's up to Button if he stays next season, surely an announcement at Suzuka?

Magnussen is done if he doesn't get in at Haas.

I don't think anyone wants to drive for McLaren.

Goldrusher

I wonder if it's smart of Vergne to move down from Formula E to Formula 1.

y9jp3sf.jpg

I don't think anyone wants to drive for McLaren.

Two world champions. The MK4 Mercedes Slayer is coming.

They've fixed the ERS and been on a hiring spree for their new ERS facility. McLaren Honda will be at the front next season, we're going to see a Honda <> Brawn like turn in performance. Book it!

Ark

They've fixed the ERS and been on a hiring spree for their new ERS facility. McLaren Honda will be at the front next season, we're going to see a Honda <> Brawn like turn in performance. Book it!

For the sake of the sport I hope you're right.

Zeknurn

Someone needs to do an avatar bet pretty soon.

Dilly

Banned

I'd quote all your wrong Honda posts but I can't be bothered.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Looks like Renault are pulling out of F1 as an engine supplier, whether they remain in F1 as a works only team is still up in the air it seems.

Speaking at the Frankfurt Motor Show, Ghosn said:

"We will honour our contracts, no problem, but the occasion of Renault as a developer and supplier of engines stops.

R.I.P Renault. R.I.P Lotus.

DD

They should partner with Williams just like it was between the 80s and 90s. It worked pretty well for McLaren.

xrnzaaas

I drank Singha recently and it's awful. Almost as bad as Tsingtao. ;p (yep, not a fan of the Asian beers at all)

Gonna try the Iceman Drink when it arrives in stores. :)

Zeknurn

http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/...ee-to-air-deal-with-eurosport-in-germany.aspx
All 11 rounds of the 2015-2016 FIA Formula E Championship will be televised live and free-to-air on Eurosport in Germany.

Eurosport has secured the exclusive TV and digital rights to the FIA Formula E Championship for the next two seasons in Germany, Poland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland, as well as Iceland on a non-exclusive basis.

I hope this doesn't mean that they will block the free stream in these regions on the official website.

If Ferrari are asking for one of their test drivers to get a race seat next year with Haas, then this is them repaying the favor by leveraging Manor to let Rossi try and prove his worth.

Chris R

This doesn't affect Rossi's chance at a Haas seat does it?

Also, going to be cool to have an American driver in Austin, even if he gets lapped three times.

Also, going to be cool to have an American driver in Austin, even if he gets lapped three times.

Well, ultimately it helps his chances, but he's got to impress in these races. He seemingly is being given the opportunity to win the seat, because on paper I'm not sure he'd get it.

DD

Well, ultimately it helps his chances, but he's got to impress in these races. He seemingly is being given the opportunity to win the seat, because on paper I'm not sure he'd get it.

The problem is to impress someone with a Manor. What can the boy do? Beat Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button at most.

maxlolavay4s02.png

Mastah

Well:

Q: Shouldn’t an American team have an American driver?

GS: There is nobody out there at the moment. Yes, there are drivers in GP2 and Formula Three, but having a rookie in a new team… that is difficult for both sides. The potential of such a partnership failing is pretty high. So at the moment we’d rather not be looking at that avenue, because you are also not helping an inexperienced driver - he could be burned in one season. We are new, so we need a known quantity in the team.

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom...a--haas-could-become-model-for-new-teams.html

Ark

Whilst we're sort of on the subject, has anyone dominated GP2 in their debut season since Hamilton? The only person I can think of coming close is Grosjean's second attempt.

Mastah

Actually Hulkenberg was more dominant in his 2009 season than Hamilton in 2006, also considering that 2006 was the first year with slick tyres, while 2009 was the second year of a new car with all these experienced drivers.

Actually Hulkenberg was more dominant in his 2009 season than Hamilton in 2006, also considering that 2006 was the first year with slick tyres, while 2009 was the second year of a new car with all these experienced drivers.
What was the skill level of Hulkenberg's competition?

Mastah

What was the skill level of Hulkenberg's competition?

2006 - Piquet (2nd season), Glock (F1, Champ Car), Pantano (F1), Bruni (2, F1), di Grassi
2009 - Petrov (4), di Grassi (4), Grosjean (2), Maldonado (3), van der Garde, d'Ambrosio (2), Perez, Kobayashi (2), Chandhok (3)

Plus few good drivers who didn't make it to F1, but raced in the likes of DTM or Indycar.

2006 - Piquet (2nd season), Glock (F1, Champ Car), Pantano (F1), Bruni (2, F1), di Grassi
2009 - Petrov (4), di Grassi (4), Grosjean (2), Maldonado (3), van der Garde, d'Ambrosio (2), Perez, Kobayashi (2), Chandhok (3)

Plus few good drivers who didn't make it to F1, but raced in the likes of DTM or Indycar.
Well damn. Oddly enough the bulk of Hamilton's competition didn't even make it to F1...wasn't Sutil his team mate in GP2? But yeah looking at that Hulkenberg had some stiff competition and it sounds like he trounced them.

Top Bottom