• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

yami4ct

No, I mean literally the same date. Same day, same month, same year.

I got that, I was just using the opportunity to play probability nerd a bit.

In that case, you'd probably want to take the population of those born that year for whatever your shared birthplace is (if same city (city), state (state), country (country) before moving out the whole world) and divide it by the total population before multiplying the 1/365 odds. You're leaving out a whole lot of variables, but it's likely close enough for a normal person estimate.

Fox Mulder

I don't question his decision, I'm just angry at Honda, because of their piece of shit engine F1 will lose still one of the best drivers, with fantastic racecraft.

McLaren would probably be midfield even with merc engines, and he isnt getting a competitive seat elsewhere. Shame, but everyone's time comes eventually.

latest

Surely there's gotta be a WDC worse than these two. I honestly thought JV was the worse WDC within the last 20 years but what the hell do I know.
He was. JB kept Hamilton honest for 3 years, accumulated race wins, and Raikkonen had that one great year at Lotus in 2012. JV did fuck all after 97.

Shaneus

Seriously Porsche, just have a Hulkenberg, Webber, Button car next year.
Damn straight.

It also wouldn't surprise me if Webber has been having a chat to Button about his life after WEC. He's obviously not impressed with where F1 is now and knowing their relationship outside of the track, it's entirely likely. The Honda situation could well be the straw that has broken Jenson's back :(

Hill and Villeneuve were certainly worse. Raikonnen was worse too, probably. So essentially, Schumacher, Hamilton, Vettel, Senna, Prost & Alonso were better than him. Hardly something to be ashamed of. Mansell was no better than him, either.

Button was a very good driver and he's a decent guy, the hate for him is ridiculous.
Yeah, people seem to forget Mansell when including him in such regard. Basically won because of the car and not the driver, given how advanced the FW14B was.

Yeah, people seem to forget Mansell when including him in such regard. Basically won because of the car and not the driver, given how advanced the FW14B was.
He was good enough to beat Patrese...and I just checked Patrese would've lost to Senna in the standings if it wasn't for Senna's shit reliability. Patrese only beat Senna by 6 points and won less races than Senna.

John_B

Button sounded so done over the radio in Singapore. His contact with Maldonado also looked like fuck it.

I don't think it's a bad trade-in if we get the young blood of Vandoorne and Magnussen in return.

AcridMeat

Banned
Who would be on the speculative list to drive for Ferrari after Kimi?

Bottas
Jean-Eric Vergne
Esteban Gutierrez
Daniel Ricciardo?
Hulkenberg (just because he always has to be mentioned for a seat he won't get)
Verstappen
Mark Webber
Kubica
My heart. :((

I agree Jenson should try to join Porsche, Webber is lovin' life.
I secretly posted here to get Shane to notice

Lego Boss

Damn straight.

It also wouldn't surprise me if Webber has been having a chat to Button about his life after WEC. He's obviously not impressed with where F1 is now and knowing their relationship outside of the track, it's entirely likely. The Honda situation could well be the straw that has broken Jenson's back :(

Mansell would have won the WDC in 1986 if his tyre hadn't have shred in Adelaide and that was in one of the strongest eras of F1.

When assessing a driver it's important to see their entire contribution. People talk all day about Alonso being the fastest on the grid, but like Raikkonen, he hasn't done it for a LONG time, especially when he has competition within his team (e.g. Hamilton).

I think that he is overstated within the sport, but everyone else believes he is amazing, so who am I to argue? But it's still essential to see that both Mansell and Button put some great drives in, but, like Alonso, never won more championships.

Risgroo

Button sounded so done over the radio in Singapore. His contact with Maldonado also looked like fuck it.

I don't think it's a bad trade-in if we get the young blood of Vandoorne and Magnussen in return.

JB said:
My head knows but my mouth and tongue doesn’t know. The joy of being in the car is only there if you’re fighting at the front, because you feel like you’re achieving something.

If you’re fighting near the back, you’re driving an F1 car, but you can easily get joy driving something else. The joy you get is from competing. It’s about fighting at the front.
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/button-admits-joy-of-f1-is-gone-as-retirement-talk-swirls/

Yeah, boy's had enough of McHonda's shit. Shame it had to end like this.

So... good times? Well, bad times. We've got a chance of a typhoon again this year! There's a ton of computer model variability but a few of the more reliable ones throw a category 3 equivalent storm rumbling off the coast and screaming northeast through Sunday morning and afternoon.

Best logic for now is that the closest pass will be Monday morning and we might luck out a bit. At minimum we're looking at a heightened probability of rain on Friday and especially Sunday, though not as rough at least year. There a chance of at least a little sunshine on Saturday yet. Generally, expect cloudy and about 20C. Can't ever catch a break for this race, can we?

Lego Boss

So... good times? Well, bad times. We've got a chance of a typhoon again this year! There's a ton of computer model variability but a few of the more reliable ones throw a category 3 equivalent storm rumbling off the coast and screaming northeast through Sunday morning and afternoon.

Best logic for now is that the closest pass will be Monday morning and we might luck out a bit. At minimum we're looking at a heightened probability of rain on Friday and especially Sunday, though not as rough at least year. There a chance of at least a little sunshine on Saturday yet. Generally, expect cloudy and about 20C. Can't ever catch a break for this race, can we?

Dunno, dat variable weather doe, makes it really exciting and the best drivers perform the best in the wet.

If it is wet/dry, we might even see a good McClown result as we know how good JB is in changeable conditions . . . .

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't think it will affect things that much, to be perfectly honest.

Sales will continue as consumers will continue to not give a fuck about emission values, stock will bounce back the next time they announce sales numbers, they're still making billions of dollars a year in profit. Sure, they'll lose some cash from their reserves when they settle with the EU and USA, but I believe they already put over 6 billion aside to pay for those.

I'm sure other car manufacturers are crawling over each other to secretly remove their own optimizations for testing though.

I think it's killed any chance of a VAG brand in F1.

Honda and Toyota left for much less.

F1 isn't a core concept for the VAG group.

Billions of stock value lost, investigations will continue throughout the world, billions in fines.

They will probably have to fire thousands of employees, how can they justify a F1 programme?

otus confirmed after the Singapore Grand Prix that Maldonado would be staying onboard for a third season, having switched from Williams at the end of 2014.

"We have an existing multi-year deal with Pastor so it was time to publically confirm he will be driving with us as part of this deal in 2016," said Gastaldi.
"Whilst it is true that Pastor has experienced a difficult season in 2015, from working with him we know his strengths very well. ($$$)
This year has certainly been a trying season for many reasons, but Pastor is always positive and always delivering to the best of his ability. ($$$$$)
He is a pleasure to work with and we will both benefit from the continuity of the relationship continuing into its third season." ($$$$$$$)

Zeknurn

It sounds like we're in for a session of delayed starts. Hopefully they will make the decision move the race up to Saturday if Sunday looks impossible.

It's nice to see that Wolff is honest about why they're not supplying Red Bull.

"We decided with our board that we as an engine supplier – and as a team – have worked hard and long to achieve the success we have today, after taking the decision to enter the sport again as a works team in 2010," Wolff explained during an interview with the official Formula 1 website.

"Therefore we decided two weeks ago against exploring an engine supply to Red Bull.

"We wish to continue with our model to support independent, privateer teams – and to respect the relationships we already have in place with our customers – alongside our primary focus on the Mercedes works team."

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/330530/wolff-defends-call-not-to-supply-red-bull/

ABFAV? Does that make sense?

PowerTaxi

Banned

Uhh... Any idea when the typhoon will pass, because I'm arriving in Japan on Tuesday? >_>

otus confirmed after the Singapore Grand Prix that Maldonado would be staying onboard for a third season, having switched from Williams at the end of 2014.

"We have an existing multi-year deal with Pastor so it was time to publically confirm he will be driving with us as part of this deal in 2016," said Gastaldi.
"Whilst it is true that Pastor has experienced a difficult season in 2015, from working with him we know his strengths very well. ($$$)
This year has certainly been a trying season for many reasons, but Pastor is always positive and always delivering to the best of his ability. ($$$$$)
He is a pleasure to work with and we will both benefit from the continuity of the relationship continuing into its third season." ($$$$$$$)
12047100_992087297518868_5754286865799029259_n.jpg

I hope he's happy driving a shitbox.

He's not happy, but he believes in miracles.

"As you said, the advantage Mercedes has now is quite big, but it’s the way it is. Always one team has dominated the sport, that’s always been the way it is. Now it’s Mercedes, Hamilton and Rosberg have the opportunity to fight for world championships and all the others are trying to find the miracles. That miracle hopefully will come from Japan.”

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Being reported now that Perez is signing for Lotus.
That sort of points to Renault not taking over the team and signing the 2 drivers with biggest backers.

Aiii

So not worth it
Perez is a pretty decent driver though, he might bring cash, but it's not like he's a bad guy to have in your car.

Being reported now that Perez is signing for Lotus.
That sort of points to Renault not taking over the team and signing the 2 drivers with biggest backers.

Not necessarily, Renault wanna do F1 on the cheap (can't blame them, next couple of years are going to be a bag of hurt for them).

Just watched the whole race again, what the hell was Sains complaining .After both passing Maldonado Max closed in on Grosjean which allowed Sainz to close up up to Max, Sainz immediately put the pressure on Max, showing himself in his mirrors so making it much harder for Max to pass Grosjean ..so far for teamwork .
After both passed Grosjean with 14 laps to go Max, putting in the fastest lap of the race pulled a 4 second gap from Sainz who said that about this time he asked the team for the first time that Max should let him pass ..wut?
Only when max landed on Perez, 9 laps before the end Sainz started to gain on Max again, 6 laps before the end Sainz finally closed that gap but made a small mistake over braking the straight losing DRS distance and again took another two laps to close .
Max had a hard time overtaking Perez who had superior engine power but nothing really showed that Sainz would be faster so why would they ask Max to give up position with less than two laps to go , crazy !

Top Bottom