• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

SPAD_JensonButtoninShitcar.jpg

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Somebody should, organize an independent racing series, take some Ferrari F2004s, put Alonso, Button, Barichello, Häkkinen, Villeneuve, Montoya, and fucking Heidfeld in the cockpits, and let them drive in Silverstone, Monza, Nürburgring, Imola, Spa, and Magny-Cours.

DD

Somebody should, organize an independent racing series, take some Ferrari F2004s, put Alonso, Button, Barichello, Häkkinen, Villeneuve, Montoya, and fucking Heidfeld in the cockpits, and let them drive in Silverstone, Monza, Nürburgring, Imola, Spa, and Magny-Cours.

A1GP tried that. It didn't ended well.

dubc35

Someone needs to mimic the "Time since Pastor Maldonado crashed" website into a "Time since Red Bull last threatened to quite F1" website.

Like I said before, the biggest loss would be losing Toro Rosso and the junior program. But no one would lose sleep over the main team leaving the sport.

Fox Mulder

Like I said before, the biggest loss would be losing Toro Rosso and the junior program. But no one would lose sleep over the main team leaving the sport.

Except losing a company that's willing to dump lots of money into a team to be top tier. They invest in developing young talent, their aero has been the envy of the field, and they even bought and renovated a track. Who's another company eager to get into this F1 now that would do the same?

I dont mind redbull whining. Renault is awful and got worse this year. I guess it's tough shit that theyre a customer team that wants works status or parity in the current landscape. Two engines are shit and Ferrari holds the leverage with Mercedes refusing redbull because theyd be too good.

Weather update! The typhoon seems like it'll hold off through the weekend at least. Still a chance of rain Sunday.
Uhh... Any idea when the typhoon will pass, because I'm arriving in Japan on Tuesday? >_>
Tuesday is probably okay. Current wisdom shows Wednesday as the closest pass to the south shore megalopolis. In exchange for the thing being held up for several days it's going to be more intense but should stay offshore. All still highly subject to change, of course.

Red Bull in new threat to exit F1:

Red Bull will quit F1 if it doesn't get Ferrari works parity

No Audi buy out, back to putting the pressure on Ferrari.

Red Bull is quite demanding for a desperate company running out of options.

Marchionne should just tell them to fuck off so they can finally leave for good at the end of this season.

Looking at this chart from last year:

1431517175.jpg

Thats a "$156M" that could go towards other teams should Red Bull leave the sport.

most likely the big teams will just hoard that extra money while the mid field and back marker teams continue to struggle

fake edit: McLoser getting more money than Williams last year is a goddamn travesty. It'll probably happen this year again *shrug*

Mastah

Suzuka tyre pressures 21.5 / 20.5, if Mercedes don't bounce back and crush the rest here Vettel will win the championship.

I have a feeling Mercedes will throw this championship away and Vettel will indeed win. He's just too lucky, to walk out from Red Bull after being smashed by Dany Ric to Ferrari, where they had horrible 2014 season, but in 2015 it's a race and maybe title winning car :/

Mohonky

Red Bull in new threat to exit F1:

Red Bull will quit F1 if it doesn't get Ferrari works parity

No Audi buy out, back to putting the pressure on Ferrari.

Said it a couple of pages ago, no one wants to give a team like Red Bull an engine when its just too much drama. When they aren't winning their throwing their shit out of the pram, blaming everyone else and running your name through the mud.

If Red Bull do get Ferrari engines and they don't jump out the gate winning immediately, they'll have the lawyers out accusing Ferrari of B Spec engines.

If Ferrari do supply Red Bull, I give it just under half a season before the B Spec accusations start getting thrown about and a single season before Ferrari tell them to go get fucked.

Suzuka tyre pressures 21.5 / 20.5, if Mercedes don't bounce back and crush the rest here Vettel will win the championship.

Well yeh, if Merc are that off the pace again and suffering from high degradation you'd have to imagine there is something to the Merc chasis just not liking higher pressures. They had the same problem back in 2012 and 2013 where the car was quick but it just ate tyres, they weren't just slower than Red Bull and Ferrari at Singapore, they were absolutely nowhere.

Kyougar

I have a feeling Mercedes will throw this championship away and Vettel will indeed win. He's just too lucky, to walk out from Red Bull after being smashed by Dany Ric to Ferrari, where they had horrible 2014 season, but in 2015 it's a race and maybe title winning car :/

it would be so glorious :D

Stop getting my hopes up like that!

Except losing a company that's willing to dump lots of money into a team to be top tier. They invest in developing young talent, their aero has been the envy of the field, and they even bought and renovated a track. Who's another company eager to get into this F1 now that would do the same?

I dont mind redbull whining. Renault is awful and got worse this year. I guess it's tough shit that theyre a customer team that wants works status or parity in the current landscape. Two engines are shit and Ferrari holds the leverage with Mercedes refusing redbull because theyd be too good.

While you're making good points, none of them put them into a position where they can demand top tier a-spec engines from the competition. They simply should've looked much earlier for a replacement engine. It's bad management.

It was pretty much a given, though.

Don't think Mercedes's issues are straightforward. Why were they dominant in Monza, then (if you believe the root of the problem to be tyre pressures)?

I didn't think it had anything to do with tyre pressures... nor was my post anything to do with Merc. I just figured they'd set a minimum and have it the same all season. Makes sense that they wouldn't though.

Aiii

So not worth it
it would be so glorious :D

If Rosberg was better and we had a situation like 2007 where Vettel has a long-shot chance at winning the championship in the last race and then pulls it off Kimi-style. Hnnng.

But alas, it'll be smooth sailing for Mercedes post-Japan.

Zeknurn

This week's press conference lineup.

Thursday, September 23, 1500 hours local time (0600 hours GMT)
Valtteri Bottas (Williams)
Jenson Button (McLaren)
Nico Hulkenberg (Force India)
Will Stevens (Marussia)
Max Verstappen (Toro Rosso)
Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari)

Friday, September 24, 1600 hours local time (0700 hours GMT)
Yasuhisa Arai (Honda)
Luigi Fraboni (Ferrari)
Christian Horner (Red Bull)
Paddy Lowe (Mercedes)
Jonathan Neale (McLaren)

Incredible that people here would want Vettel to win his fifth WDC in six seasons...

I'm always up for a driver in a non-dominant team winning no matter who it is.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I need to see Ferrari and Mercedes repeat their Singapore performance two more times before I'd even being to entertain the possibility that Vettel could catch up on Hamilton, given that he is currently still 49 points behind.

There is a very real possibility that he might get Rosberg, though.

I need to see Ferrari and Mercedes repeat their Singapore performance two more times before I'd even being to entertain the possibility that Vettel could catch up on Hamilton, given that he is currently still 49 points behind.

There is a very real possibility that he might get Rosberg, though.

Alonso will be thrilled to see that Vettel is going to end the season on P2.

alonso-ferrari-silversnojd.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Alonso said he's had enough of P2 finishes and only regrets his move to McLaren, if Vettel wins the WDC this season.

Yep, I'm sure he has no regrets at all after he barely gets to Q2 and retires midway through the race where he struggles to stay ahead of the Manor's with last years car and Ferrari engine.

No regrets at all.

Sure thing, Fernando...
1416489032_extras_noticia_foton_7_0.jpg

dubc35

Yep, I'm sure he has no regrets at all after he barely gets to Q2 and retires midway through the race where he struggles to stay ahead of the Manor's with last years car and Ferrari engine.

No regrets at all.

Sure thing, Fernando...
http://estaticos.marca.com/imagenes/2014/11/20/en/more_sports/1416489032_extras_noticia_foton_7_0.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
To be fair he has been saying the same thing all year. Ferrari, while you're doing well, you're still 2nd place. He was 2nd place all the time with Ferrari. He could stay 2nd place or he could change something.

Top Bottom