• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Mastah

Kimi relegated to being lapdog:

This hasn’t been an ideal year for me, from our side we have to make sure that we are going to have the result we want in the end. We’ll do our best to make it happen this year, if not, we’ll try next year. We hope to have a good second part of the championship for both of us, I’m not in the fight so I’ll race for Ferrari until the last weekend of the season.

http://formula1.ferrari.com/en/japanese-grand-prix-always-a-team-player/

He truly is new Massa, no wonder Seb is so glad to have such team mate.

Zeknurn

Current Power Unit Status via @f1enigma

JjtpLYe.jpg

John_B

Raikkonen gave his second place position to Massa in China back in the 2008 season. This was the second last race of the season and back then he was the current champion.

I just hope we will see a strong driver along Vettel in the future Ferrari line-up.

Kyougar

Kimi relegated to being lapdog:

He truly is new Massa, no wonder Seb is so glad to have such team mate.

I think he is quite happy with that. He would have to work and care more if he wanted to be a contender.

In other news:
lotus is fucked.

- they were denied entry in the hospitality in Suzuka because they didnt pay last years bill.
- the equipment arrived late on thursday morning because it was held back by the liogisticspartner from Singapur.
- the engeneers had to work from the hotel because the team network wasnt ready.
- they also had to lease furniture in Singapur because they didnt pay bills.

I think Renault will get this team cheap (and will have to invest an enormous sum to pay all the outstanding bills)

Mastah

Just like anyone would be in that situation ? Well if you are selfish prick maybe not.

In 2010 with 2 races left Button, barely in title chase, said he'll fight till he's out. Well, the next race, when he was indeed out of it, he still said he's there to race, not to help Lewis.

I think Kimi, despite his image, isn't strong mentally. The fire isn't there anymore and he's driving for "other" reasons.

I'm impressed how you did make the jump to Vettel.

Vettel himself said about good team harmony with Kimi, who apparently is very close performance-wise to him. Alonso said pretty much the same about Massa and it shouldn't take a genius to figure out what that means.

The look of confidence:

Holy shit, Fernando looks like a destroyed man :(

Kyougar

I think Kimi, despite his image, isn't strong mentally. The fire isn't there anymore and he's driving for "other" reasons.

Vettel himself said about good team harmony with Kimi, who apparently is very close performance-wise to him. Alonso said pretty much the same about Massa and it shouldn't take a genius to figure out what that means.

Vettel and Kimi were friends before they were in the same Team. No need to tarnish Vettel words with some sinister meaning.

Mastah

Vettel and Kimi were friends before they were in the same Team. No need to tarnish Vettel words with some sinister meaning.

I never said Vettel likes Kimi only because he's better than him. But it's good to have a nice relationship with someone, who won't bother you on the track, when there's championship at stake. We all know how relationship between Hamilton and Rosberg ended when they finally got a dominant car.

In 2010 with 2 races left Button, barely in title chase, said he'll fight till he's out. Well, the next race, when he was indeed out of it, he still said he's there to race, not to help Lewis.

Well of course it depends also on driver but considering how Kimi has absolutely no chance to title anymore this year and Vettel has (who seems to be genuinely very good friends with him) it really doesn't strike me that odd that he is willing to help him if there is a situation in the race whe he could do that. Maybe he doesn't have the same fire as he had when he was younger but I still think he genuinely loves racing and that is why he is still in F1. He is swimming is money, has under 1 year old son and hasn't ever really liked paddock life so I really don't think he is there to just make some bucks. He would have retired already if he didn't love the racing aspect of F1.

I remember that Kimi also helped Massa right after the year he won the title.

He is just isn't the guy who suddenly acts childish in such situations.

Ark

Fortune rather than ability.

It was a monsterous drive to finish where he did and to win the title. Sure he had some good fortune that race in particular (rain), but no one becomes Champion without a healthy dose of good-fortune.

I'd still have preferred it if Alonso had taken it though. He drove his heart out in 2012 and if he hadn't binned it at Suzuka he'd have won the title.

Kyougar

It was a monsterous drive to finish where he did and to win the title. Sure he had some good fortune that race in particular (rain), but no one becomes Champion without a healthy dose of good-fortune.

I'd still have preferred it if Alonso had taken it though. He drove his heart out in 2012 and if he hadn't binned it at Suzuka he'd have won the title.

Yeah, it was totally Vettels Championship to lose on that day. Unlike 2010, Alonso couldnt have done anything to change the outcome. he wanst stuck behind anyone, he couldnt drive faster, he could only hope that Vettel makes a Mistake.

And man was that a race. First, the contact with Senna and the spin where he miracously didnt get taken out by the spin and the Damage or by other Cars behind. Than it looked like he had it in the bag because Alonso had nowhere near enough points to take it away and than hulk crashes into Hamilton :(

The last gesture from Schumi was the going-out-of-the-way when Vettel was behind Schumi, but that didnt change the outcome.

What is your opinion if it HAD changed the outcome, If Vettel would have only won the WDC with the points he got gifted by Schumi?

Ark

Yeah, it was totally Vettels Championship to lose on that day. Unlike 2010, Alonso couldnt have done anything to change the outcome. he wanst stuck behind anyone, he couldnt drive faster, he could only hope that Vettel makes a Mistake.

And man was that a race. First, the contact with Senna and the spin where he miracously didnt get taken out by the spin and the Damage or by other Cars behind. Than it looked like he had it in the bag because Alonso had nowhere near enough points to take it away and than hulk crashes into Hamilton :(

The last gesture from Schumi was the going-out-of-the-way when Vettel was behind Schumi, but that didnt change the outcome.

What is your opinion if it HAD changed the outcome, If Vettel would have only won the WDC with the points he got gifted by Schumi?

I don't devalue Raikkonen's title even though Massa let him by, so it would be wrong of me to criticise Schumacher for that. I'd still stand by my belief that Alonso lost that Championship all on his own.

That "Prost versus Senna" soundbyte is the dumbest, most shallow thing ever.
That's something that's been bothering me for a while now, "The Ayrton Senna name whoring", even Mclaren used it ad nauseam while they were hyping up their #Sizezero peter p rocketship crap, it's a bit unsettling

Mohonky

Thats honestly the year Hamilton should have won. He retired from 6 races, 3 of them I believe he was leading. His sway bar was always brakng somehow and Mclaren managed to routinely pit him for over 10 seconds and make retarded pit calls. I'd say it was actually a part of why he might have gone to Merc, Mclaren had a car capable of winning that year and they single handedly managed to completely throw it away.

Oh and he was dragging some carpet around Korea with him didn't he?

Thats honestly the year Hamilton should have won. He retired from 6 races, 3 of them I believe he was leading. His sway bar was always brakng somehow and Mclaren managed to routinely pit him for over 10 seconds and make retarded pit calls. I'd say it was actually a part of why he might have gone to Merc, Mclaren had a car capable of winning that year and they single handedly managed to completely throw it away.

tumblr_mbvpkgRR8X1r1182no1_r1_400.gif

#NotBlessed #JesusWept #Fukdisshit
b46k4m

Oh Pastor, you tease... casually running off like that because you forgot to steer.

Track looks a lot better this year with the variety of little changes.

Ark

I still struggle to believe how McLaren fucked up having the best car on the grid.

dalin80

Banned
I still struggle to believe how McLaren fucked up having the best car on the grid.

If you correct the points for team fuck ups and failures Hamilton walked away with the 2012 championship and McLaren still acted surprised he bailed and went to Mercedes.

Given the complete failure of McLaren since then and the joyous partnering with Honda I honestly don't think Hamilton made a bad call there...

Ark

If you correct the points for team fuck ups and failures Hamilton walked away with the 2012 championship and McLaren still acted surprised he bailed and went to Mercedes.

Given the complete failure of McLaren since then and the joyous partnering with Honda I honestly don't think Hamilton made a bad call there...

Oh I'm well versed in how Hamilton would have tied up that title long before the final race, its just crazy to think back then that I thought McLaren was a joke team and now look at them.

John_B

In 2012 Hamilton was leading the Singapore Grand Prix when his car broke down.

A week later it was announced that he was going to Mercedes.

OIhJt2g.jpg

Top Bottom