• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Funny that the top of the rear wing has survived this crash attached.

Kyougar

I thought they had a system in place where the heavy machinery could work outside of the track? But the Machine was again in a very open spot near the track.

Shaneus

Jesus. Such a silly, silly mistake too. Hope he's okay for the race and doesn't have concussion.

But that RBR was running fairly shit, so it's not like he missed on putting in a lap. Hammy won't be happy either.

Can't wait for the Renault engine to be gone from RBR.

Mastah

Bernie and FOM are pathetic, how many minutes of coverage Mercedes had? For me it's now clear their poor form in Singapore wasn't just a coincidence.

Nice one Kvyat, that will teach you to respect track limits. Suzuka is such nice departure from all these asphalted car parks.

Bernie and FOM are pathetic, how many minutes of coverage Mercedes had? For me it's now clear their poor form in Singapore wasn't just a coincidence.

Nice one Kvyat, that will teach you to respect track limits.

Really? Because Ferrari had just as much coverage.

Mastah

Really? Because Ferrari had just as much coverage.

Yes, really. Not a single lap shown either in Q1, Q2 or Q3, only replays of mistakes, when they drove out of the pits and crossed finish line in Q3, I think.

C'mon, I'm just rewinding through qualifying from 2014 and already in Q1 FOM followed Lewis and Nico on their laps. It's not the first time FOM and Bernie are pulling off this trick either - Force India was ignored during quali and race in Bahrain 2012, because they questioned running the GP during unrest after being attacked on Thursday.

Ark

Or....perhaps other teams were given the coverage because Williams, RBR, and Ferrari are actually close and in a fight.

Mastah

Which was the case also last year and still Mercedes were shown on TV feed. I mean, I can measure the difference, if anyone is interested.

The Mercedes situation is very odd. They all look very nervous when asked about it and all have the same answer. Like they're covering something up rather than an honest dip in performance.

herod

Nice one Kvyat, that will teach you to respect track limits. Suzuka is such nice departure from all these asphalted car parks.

lol tinfoil F1 theories. Go and think about your life.

stryke

mGW6eZ.gif

Drivers visiting the principal's office today -

OAL8oFp.png

So apparently Verstappen got called in because of how he parked his car, I mean the kid lost power, not much can be done?
I think he would've had at least some time to roll off the track. I mean, Spoon is well above 100mph on the way in and just above 100mph on the way out. I don't see how he can defend himself.

The first example that comes to mind is Austin, where the Red Bull absolutely was the fastest car.

You mean that McLaren that would have easily 1-2 wins the race before Austin and after it without technical DNF was so much inferior compared to the Red Bull?

That's some rewritting of history. Hamilton could have won the 2012 title easily not because he was outdriving that car that much but the McLaren had a fantastic engine and mechanical grip that year - no team had more wins this year even with all the technical DNFs.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I think he would've had at least some time to roll off the track. I mean, Spoon is well above 100mph on the way in and just above 100mph on the way out. I don't see how he can defend himself.

Yeah, agree. Maybe he was trying to restart the car, waited too long, lost too much momentum in the process, and couldn't roll off the track anymore. Still, even then it's his mistake. Not too mention the safety risk he posed.

Adam Cooper ‏@adamcooperF1 2h2 hours ago
Re the VES penalty, FIA says he was slowing on the left in a safe position then moved across right onto the racing line and stopped

Wonderboy.

Wow:

Jenson Button says his McLaren cannot afford to make silly mistakes like the one which cost him a place in Q2 during qualifying for the Japanese Grand Prix.

The British driver was knocked out in Q1 for the 10th time this year after he used the wrong engine settings during his run because his team forgot to tell him to change them over the radio.

The mistake meant Button's car batteries were drained before the end of the lap.

As McLaren continues to struggle, Button said the team needs to make sure it avoids errors like today's.

"On the first run I wasn't told what engine mode to be in," said Button, who will start 16th.

"Every time before a timed lap we are told before we start and I wasn't told so I was in the wrong setting and it emptied the [battery] pack after half a lap.

"They forgot to tell me, so I went to the one that I would normally go to and that just emptied the pack halfway around the lap, so the last half of the lap I didn't have any deployment.

"We can't make little mistakes like this. It's the simple things. We've got bigger things to worry about."

Mastah

Can't say I noticed a difference in coverage.

lol tinfoil F1 theories. Go and think about your life.

2014 Japan qualifying, Mercedes coverage on World Feed:

Q1 - 172 seconds
Q2 - 62 seconds
Q3 - 210 seconds
Overall - 444 seconds (16,4% out of 45 minutes), 171 seconds from pitlane, 181 seconds from trackside, 29 seconds of onboard replay, 23 seconds of replay, 40 seconds of onboard

2015 Japan qualifying:

Q1 - 0 seconds
Q2 - 0 seconds
Q3 - 62 seconds
Overall - 62 seconds (2,3%), 16 seconds from pitlane, 20 seconds from trackside, 26 seconds of onboard/trackside replay

Mercedes team, bouncing back after difficult race in Singapore, when they were mysteriously (lol) off the pace, gets 1-2 in qualifying and all we see of them are 8 seconds of Hamilton crossing finish line in Q3, 12 seconds of leaving the pitlane and 26 seconds of replay of a mistake. Nooothing suspicious, right :D

Just of interest... what exactly do you think they've done do annoy Bernie?

I remember hearing Hamilton sounding very suspicious of Ferrari's pace in an interview at Monza. The sort of accusing-them-of-cheating-without-actually-saying-it kind of thing. So maybe the team been whining about it behind the scenes.

Dilly

Banned
2014 Japan qualifying, Mercedes coverage on World Feed:

Q1 - 172 seconds
Q2 - 62 seconds
Q3 - 210 seconds
Overall - 444 seconds (16,4% out of 45 minutes), 171 seconds from pitlane, 181 seconds from trackside, 29 seconds of onboard replay, 23 seconds of replay, 40 seconds of onboard

2015 Japan qualifying:

Q1 - 0 seconds
Q2 - 0 seconds
Q3 - 62 seconds
Overall - 62 seconds (2,3%), 16 seconds from pitlane, 20 seconds from trackside, 26 seconds of onboard/trackside replay

Mercedes team, bouncing back after difficult race in Singapore, when they were mysteriously (lol) off the pace, gets 1-2 in qualifying and all we see of them are 8 seconds of Hamilton crossing finish line in Q3, 12 seconds of leaving the pitlane and 26 seconds of replay of a mistake. Nooothing suspicious, right :D

I wish I had this much free time.

Top Bottom