• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Mastah

Just of interest... what exactly do you think they've done do annoy Bernie?

It's either a thing about Pirelli or their refusal to supply Red Bull with Merc engines.

I mean, I just went through last few Q3 sessions and the difference is staggering:

Great Britain - 237 seconds
Hungary - 273 seconds
Belgium - 202 seconds
Italy - 160 seconds
Singapore - sorry, don't have it

All live trackside coverage, out-laps, fast laps and in-laps just in Q3, I didn't even count replays or pitlane footage. Meanwhile in Japan Mercedes weren't shown even for 1 second in Q1 or Q2, and in Q3 it was...

Japan - 20 seconds, LOL

12 seconds of Lewis and Nico leaving pits, 8 seconds of Lewis crossing finish line. There was also 26 seconds of replaying lock-up in the hairpin and 16 second of pitlane footage. Overall, whooping 62 seconds of Mercedes on screen during whole 45 minutes (actually during first 33 minutes they weren't shown even once).

These are hard numbers, anyone can check it out. Disgusting, but Bernie gonna Bernie.

I wish I had this much free time.

:)

Just of interest... what exactly do you think they've done do annoy Bernie?

Mercedes allegedly renewed their refusal to supply RBR engines this weekend after further talks. Although quite why that would provoke Bernie's ire while Ferrari get off scott free for refusing to provide anything other than 2015 engines is anyone's guess.

DieH@rd

Banned
hmffjdmapx.gif

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
You can't offer old engines next year though I believe.
With the removal of the in-season token upgrades loophole, after homologation in Feb next year, that is the only spec of engine that engine partner and its customers can be provided with.
Thats not to say Ferrari will offer RBR the 2016 engine with Shell fuel/oil and all engine maps.
Look at McLaren last year, shit car but they used ESSO fuel with the Mercedes engine and it was down on power.

Lego Boss

It's either a thing about Pirelli or their refusal to supply Red Bull with Merc engines.

I mean, I just went through last few Q3 sessions and the difference is staggering:

Great Britain - 237 seconds
Hungary - 273 seconds
Belgium - 202 seconds
Italy - 160 seconds
Singapore - sorry, don't have it

All live trackside coverage, out-laps, fast laps and in-laps just in Q3, I didn't even count replays or pitlane footage. Meanwhile in Japan Mercedes weren't shown even for 1 second in Q1 or Q2, and in Q3 it was...

Japan - 20 seconds, LOL

12 seconds of Lewis and Nico leaving pits, 8 seconds of Lewis crossing finish line. There was also 26 seconds of replaying lock-up in the hairpin and 16 second of pitlane footage. Overall, whooping 62 seconds of Mercedes on screen during whole 45 minutes (actually during first 33 minutes they weren't shown even once).

These are hard numbers, anyone can check it out. Disgusting, but Bernie gonna Bernie.

:)

Isn't coverage provided by the national broadcasters though? If so it would make more sense that the Japanese were showing McLaren more.

With the removal of the in-season token upgrades loophole, after homologation in Feb next year, that is the only spec of engine that engine partner and its customers can be provided with.

Oh really? Perhaps what I read was total bollocks.

It's always seemed nonsense to me though that engine manufacturers could provide anything but identical engines to customer teams. But then, so did not enforcing a max engine cost when agreeing the 2014 regulations , but they didn't do that either.

Thats not to say Ferrari will offer RBR the 2016 engine with Shell fuel/oil and all engine maps.
Look at McLaren last year, shit car but they used ESSO fuel with the Mercedes engine and it was down on power.
You can, the FIA is proposing a cost cap on PUs for next season:
12 million for a recent PU.
8 million for the previous years PU.

Kyougar

Damn, do I watch the race tomorrow at 6 AM or not? Last race was a no brainer, but that got the normal schedule. But i dont want to wake up and than see a boring mercedes 1-2.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Tyre wear and temperatures will be key to victory tomorrow.
Button and others have said the Pirelli mandated pressures are too high and Pirelli even agree.
The tyres surface area is not flat as usual leading to overheating and the unusual flat spot on the tyres when you lock up.

Mastah

Button:

"It's going to be tough for everyone because the pressures are so high, the tyres are just going to be overheating after one lap," he said. "They end up being like balloons because the pressures get so high. "Everyone will have problems tomorrow, and we'll be included in that."

Grosjean:

"It's going to be [a problem] since the limits, the restrictions are really extreme. "It's difficult for everyone. There are teams that are going better than others, but [the pressures] are massively higher than what we would normally run."

Maldonado:

"I understand on the safety side why they decided to go for those pressures, but on the other hand, the tyres are not performing well."

Ricciardo:

"That's going to be the biggest challenge for everyone, tyre temps," "But the way I've felt with the car, it's underneath me, so I should have a bit more feeling on the long runs and hopefully a bit more ability to save the tyres than some others."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121016

I just can't wait to wake up tomorrow and see them saving tyres from lap one. F1 is so great these days, thanks Bernie and Pirelli for such fantastic show!

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Fuck those tires, seriously.

They were fun for a couple of races, when nobody understood them and everything was going under in glorious chaos. Ever since then they have been one big fuckery.

I just can't wait to wake up tomorrow and see them saving tyres from lap one. F1 is so great these days, thanks Bernie and Pirelli for such fantastic show!
What a nightmare. Artificial gimmickry and all of it hastily concocted as a bandaid solution to systemic problems. Fuck the FIA working committee. And Ecclestone.

Mastah

Tobias Grüner F1 ‏@tgruener 2h2 hours ago

#F1 Looks like Ferrari race team tries to convince CEO Marchionne not to give engines to Red Bull. AMuS (in German):

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...neue-motorensorgen-fuer-red-bull-9987758.html

Nice to see how Red Bull pushed themselves into corner. When they say their team is different to Williams, Ferrari or McLaren, because for them it's all about return on marketing investment and they have to be winning, otherwise it's not worth it - well, good luck now. F1 will suffer if they leave, but it can't be a hostage to someone, who is there only for money.

Remember those days where Red Bull team was all about fun (and 7th, 7th, 5th and 7th in constructors championship)? Yeah.

Mastah

Adam Cooper ‏@adamcooperF1 21s22 seconds ago

Drivers are expecting tyre temps to go up and potentially out of working range, leading to serious lack of grip

One past World Champ just told me: "You need to drive as slow as possible to get the fastest lap time." So all about being smooth

:/

Mastah

Nipple tweaking between Brundle and Button :D

It appears herding drivers to the front of the grid for anthems was scrapped.

Bloody hell, nearly missed the race. Turned on the TV thinking I was 10 minutes away from the start of the buildup only to find I'm 10 minutes away from the start of the race!

nny

'Morning.

I didn't wake up for the start of the race last year and was really confused when the race was over before it was supoosed to...:/

Tubie

Let's play a drinking game.

Take a shot for every lap Rosberg stays ahead of Hamilton.

Unless you're in Europe, way too early to drink for you guys.

Top Bottom