• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Shaneus

Just saw the vettel pit now. So star sports is 5 mins delayed.

Racing incident by Massa or will he get done? Or am I just being a stupid honey badger fanboy?

What a race so far. Some decent action in the midfield at the beginning and a snoozefest from there on.

Also, someone should tell Kimi that he needs to do more than holding the position he starts from. He doesn't seem to understand that.

untitled-170jqps.gif

pgAEemS.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Verstappen stuck behind Kvyat stuck behind Alonso, despite of DRS, despite of overtake buttons, despite of numerous rules to aero...

F1 in 2015.

Tubie

So Red Bull now owns 2 mediocre F1 teams...

No wonder they want to pull out unless they get the same engines Merc or Ferrari uses.

Verstappen stuck behind Kvyat stuck behind Alonso, despite of DRS, despite of overtake buttons, despite of numerous rules to aero...

F1 in 2015.

And that never happened without the aids you mentioned? Cars weren't overtaking each other all the time, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

frontieruk

If there is an anti merc coverage campaign going on, I for one whole heartedly support it, coverage of the mid pack where there are actually battles going on have managed to keep me awake.

Aiii

So not worth it
And that never happened without the aids you mentioned? Cars weren't overtaking each other all the time, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

I have been watching late 90s year reviews. These kind of parades that last ten to twenty laps when a car behind has an obvious speed advantage didn't used to happen. There were a lot more fights where the slower car managed to keep ahead, sure, but it resulted in battles, not in parades due to not being able to get within that 0.3s window of the car ahead.

And that was pre-DRS.

I have been watching late 90s year reviews. These kind of parades that last ten to twenty laps when a car behind has an obvious speed advantage didn't used to happen. There were a lot more fights where the slower car managed to keep ahead, sure, but it resulted in battles, not in parades due to not being able to get within that 0.3s window of the car ahead.

And that was pre-DRS.

You do have a point. Tyres have to managed way too much these days to let that happen.

But the Trulli train and the likes were a thing, even if it happened in the later formulas.

You do have a point. Tyres have to managed way too much these days to let that happen.

But the Trulli train and the likes were a thing, even if it happened in the later formulas.

It's nothing to do with tyres. These cars (just as the cars of the early 00s Truilli trains) are far too aero-dependant. That's why they can't follow each other without losing grip.

Holy fucking shit, Alonso.

He's having a meltdown in the car.
About the engine.
Screaming at it.
Calling it a GP2 engine.
In Japan.
With the president of Honda watching.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

Aiii

So not worth it

Heh, yeah, that is true.

Trulli train was awesome though, that guy worked wonders in qually with the shittiest of cars.

Tubie

Holy fucking shit, Alonso.

He's having a meltdown in the car.
About the engine.
Calling it a GP2 engine.
In Japan.
With the president of Honda watching.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

Maybe this is what they fucking need.

How the fuck does a big motor company fuck up this bad?

Juicy Bob

But that wasn't really the engine's fault.

That was Verstappen getting a good run + DRS. Max still had to make a ballsy move to make it stick.

Not that the Honda is good, but...

Top Bottom