• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Aiii

So not worth it
But that wasn't really the engine's fault.

That was Verstappen getting a good run + DRS. Max still had to make a ballsy move to make it stick.

Not that the Honda is good, but...

Still, the only reason TR are better than McLaren is likely that shit engine.

The front aero is what makes following/overtaking awful currently. Barcelona was the best demonstration of that. Hamilton said it was as hard to pass there as Monaco and I don't doubt it. Before the straight is the first gear chicane to separate the cars, then a high aero sweeper.

Last corner here is similar and you can see the trailing cars squirm as they power to the straight. They could implement free DRS usage at all times through the whole lap during the race but it wouldn't help much because the gap always grows back. The late '00s cars had an adjustable front wring to try to make up for this but that would be extremely difficult to engineer in now.

untitled-18owqkc.gif

GP2

Zeknurn

I hate how FOM always decides to air Hamilton talking about a "problem" halfway through the race to build some fake excitement.

Aiii

So not worth it
I wonder if Kvyat is getting worried about Verstappen getting a promotion to RB next year over him?

Verstappen gets a lot of screen time, that should make car sponsors very happy, even if they get a shit engine.

duckroll

From the looks of things, this is going to be another standard Mercedes victory. They should just spend the rest of the race coverage on Alonso and his radio communications. :p

I wonder if Kvyat is getting worried about Verstappen getting a promotion to RB next year over him?

Verstappen gets a lot of screen time, that should make car sponsors very happy, even if they get a shit engine.

He might get to survive another year, but the crash in qualy didn't help. Either way, he's there to keep the seat warm for Verstappen. He has no future at Red Bull and will probably end up in a midfield team.

Shaneus

I can see Sainz getting it before Jos Jr.

Tubie

The thread OT title should be changed in honor of Alonso's Seppuku.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| GP2 Engine... GP2... ARGHHH!!!

Zeknurn

I concur. Sainz looks ready to be moved up but Verstappen needs another year or two to mature.

Not that it matters because Red Bull driver promotions have always been over marketing potential instead of actual skill. See Vergne.

Aiii

So not worth it
He might get to survive another year, but the crash in qualy didn't help. Either way, he's there to keep the seat warm for Verstappen. He has no future at Red Bull and will probably end up in a midfield team.

Yeah, another thing is that Red Bull right now are in serious danger of losing Verstappen in 2017 if they don't get a better car, no way Mercedes and Ferrari aren't knocking on Jos's door, so they will probably promote him in 2016 in hopes of showing him their worth.

Aiii

So not worth it

Sainz is a great driver, but obviously not their favorite. Also, so far, it is Verstappen getting the majority of points for TR.

I see Sainz and Verstappen fighting over Championship in the future though, those two could be the Schumacher and Hakkinen of their generation.

Sainz doesn't get enough hype, compared to Verstappen. I can't see him getting and keeping the RB seat.

"Who are these drivers we're racing with?
Poor guys"

Alonso is trying to make the race entertaining.

Tubie

Sainz is a great driver, but obviously not their favorite. Also, so far, it is Verstappen getting the majority of points for TR.

I see Sainz and Verstappen fighting over Championship in the future though, those two could be the Schumacher and Hakkinen of their generation.

As much hate Verstappen gets here (sometimes from me too) I think he's a good driver, just not as good as Sainz Jr. It would be great if they both end up being great rivals at the top one day tho.

Goldrusher

5 more laps, still no retirements.

There have been only 4 (!) races with no retirements.

1961 Dutch Grand Prix (15 starters)
2005 Italian Grand Prix (20 starters)
2005 United States Grand Prix (6 starters)
2011 European Grand Prix (24 starters)

Top Bottom