• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Toto is trying to convince people that they had technical issues and fought to get the cars to the end. Riiight.

Kvyat damaged his car in Qualifying. Started from pit lane and could not use his overtake button. Daniel wrecked into Massa and got a puncture. Destroyed his race.

Massa ran into Daniel.

Aiii

So not worth it
And only now BBC and Sky showed Mercedes onboards from the start. Move which decided race victory completely ignored by FOM, because Bernie is pissed at Mercedes. Fuck him.

Maybe it works though, would be nice if Bernie won this one.

Mastah

Ted: "And about that Alonso 'GP2 engine' comment"
Boullier: "Yeah, it's pretty straightforward" and looks like he nodded in agreement

untitled-1iflgm.gif

4vnJG3D.gif
I need for these two to be teammates at Ferrari one day. Prost/Mansell part 2.

Ron Dennis' pompous PR last season about the Honda engine being a "jewel" and having the best driver lineup is hilarious in retrospect.

chadskin

Honda just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase a Honda car, nor will they purchase any of Honda's motor boat engines. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Honda has alienated an entire market with this move.

Honda, publicly apologize and cancel your F1 endeavor or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Mastah

Honda just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase a Honda car, nor will they purchase any of Honda's motor boat engines. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Honda has alienated an entire market with this move.

Honda, publicly apologize and cancel your F1 endeavor or you can kiss your business goodbye.

:(

Ron is not pleased on BBC, but also not pissed as he was at Hungaroring back in 2007. I guess he mellowed with age, lol.

Tubie

Fucking hell, even if it means zero chance of winning anything at least he would retire with some form enjoyment of the sport. Alonso should just move to Lotus or Renault if it's at all possible in his contract.

Honda really hasn't got much right in F1 in the last 10 years or so. Their own car had a dreadful chassis and was outperformed by Super Aguri on several occasions, but I think their engine back then was quite good. And it took Ross Brawn to come along and whip the car into shape. Now the engine appears to be as bad as their chassis was in 07/08!

Jezbollah

Honda really hasn't got much right in F1 in the last 10 years or so. Their own car had a dreadful chassis and was outperformed by Super Aguri on several occasions, but I think their engine back then was quite good. And it took Ross Brawn to come along and whip the car into shape. Now the engine appears to be as bad as their chassis was in 07/08!

I disagree. Honda left F1 at the end of the 2008 season, when the vast majority of the car that eventually won the championships for Brawn GP was cemented in design. I understand that the Mercedes engine was used in that season, but I think it's disingenuous to say that they didn't get that right at least.

John_B

Still five races left to throw away the championship. I remember how it was definitively over back in 2007 with two races to go, and yet Raikkonen miraculously edged it. Hamilton is looking very strong though.

I need for these two to be teammates at Ferrari one day. Prost/Mansell part 2.
It would be fitting with Hamilton in the red before ending his career. With Vettel in the same team it would be intense. Fireworks. The defining battle for the crown of their generation of drivers.

Still five races left to throw away the championship. I remember how it was definitively over back in 2007 with two races to go, and yet Raikkonen miraculously edged it. Hamilton is looking very strong though.

2007 was a very suspicious championship though. Especially China and the final race. McLaren were found to be cheating mid-season, so they couldn't possibly win the constructor's championship. Therefore, neither of the drivers could win the driver's championship. It was all worked out on the track rather than in a courtroom.

dalin80

Banned
It was also a Mclaren call in China that screwed over their chance at winning the 2007 WDC that year... Almost ten years later and the team really still hasn't changed that much!

I think Alonso wants to get fired, getting out now would be a great time to get ready for a WEC campaign next year.

Edit- Only 5 races to go and just 3 drivers left in the championship hunt, Also Ericsson needs to pull his finger out, the McLaren humiliation wont be complete until he gets above Alonso.

spuckthew

I don't remember precisely why Hamilton stayed out for so long in China '07, but it was really that utterly bizarre engine/gearbox malfunction that cost him the championship. He would have cruised to an easy podium (and certainly finished top 6) without it. China made it tighter than it should have been, but Brazil was a fluke.

dalin80

Banned
I don't remember precisely why Hamilton stayed out for so long in China '07, but it was really that utterly bizarre engine/gearbox malfunction that cost him the championship. He would have cruised to an easy podium (and certainly finished top 6) without it. China made it tighter than it should have been, but Brazil was a fluke.

In China he was screaming over the radio that the tyres were gone and he needed to pit, Mclaren were just like 'nah son, tyres be fine just stay out in this thunderstorm with your bald-ass tyres, it's all cool'

Then when he did try to pit the car just fell off the track and we all got to see a McLaren beached with nothing but canvas for rear tyres and even after that McLaren insisted that they were right to stick with that strategy.

For a decade McLaren made never ending dumb strategy calls that every fan at home was banging their heads on their tables about, everytime hundreds of us immediately called out the stupidity on forums only to be called 'armchair experts' and inevitably what we all saw coming would unfold. Until McLaren ditches the Woking strategy centre and actually uses someone with race experience at the track they will never get anywhere and it's I why stopped supporting their sorry asses.

Top Bottom