• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Kyougar

It was also a Mclaren call in China that screwed over their chance at winning the 2007 WDC that year... Almost ten years later and the team really still hasn't changed that much!

I think Alonso wants to get fired, getting out now would be a great time to get ready for a WEC campaign next year.

Edit- Only 5 races to go and just 3 drivers left in the championship hunt, Also Ericsson needs to pull his finger out, the McLaren humiliation wont be complete until he gets above Alonso.

It seems like Alonsos Motto throughout the years: "trying to get fired". Mclaren (1st time) Ferrari and now McLaren again.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I think that Monza contamination damaged Nico's PU #3. Mercedes is telling otherwise, but he had issues in 1st half of the race with very unusual engine overheating.

Also, HUL made one hell of the result today, silently up to 6th place

TCRS

Banned
I was about to watch it on BBC but it's already on iplayer so I'm going to watch that instead. Usually has a better quality than live streaming.

Mastah

I think that Monza contamination damaged Nico's PU #3. Mercedes is telling otherwise, but he had issues in 1st half of the race with very unusual engine overheating.

He's on 4th power unit since Singapore, only Energy Store and Control Electronics remained in the car from Monza.

stryke

interesting broadcast stats for today -

CP55LeeWEAAIhyh.png:large

Although to be fair I recall times where Redbull/vettel weren't shown much in their dominant races.

duckroll

I don't really think there's a huge conspiracy here regarding Mercedes. Whether or not Bernie asked for less coverage for whatever reasons, the fact is that there wasn't really much point showing them as opposed to something else. They showed both pit stops for both drivers, they showed the overtakes, what else is there to show? Hamilton cruising in front with no one anywhere near him? If Rosberg overtook Vettel in normal race conditions they would have shown it too. Instead he overtook Vettel as Vettel pitted, and they did show the pit exit when it happened.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't really think there's a huge conspiracy here regarding Mercedes. Whether or not Bernie asked for less coverage for whatever reasons, the fact is that there wasn't really much point showing them as opposed to something else. They showed both pit stops for both drivers, they showed the overtakes, what else is there to show? Hamilton cruising in front with no one anywhere near him? If Rosberg overtook Vettel in normal race conditions they would have shown it too. Instead he overtook Vettel as Vettel pitted, and they did show the pit exit when it happened.

I'm with you, looking at that list they switched to Mercedes whenever something interesting was happening. Lauda mentioned that they only showed Lewis leaving hit pitstop and didn't show him entering, but that was when Max, Kvyat and Alonso were at it (I believe, might have been something else, but something interesting was going on anyways). Mercedes drive at the front and nobody can touch them and the tactic since last season (and arguably, longer than that really) has been to focus the show on overtakes and incidents, rather than just following a driver around driving his laps. It definitely makes for a better show to show fights for positions than to show a Mercedes.

TCRS

Banned
alonso goddamn

dropping public truth bombs about shitty japanese engine at japanese gp

he just can't take it anymore :/ he is so gone. someone give him a good car already..

saddest story in F1

alonso goddamn

he just can't take it anymore :/ he is so gone. someone give him a good car already..

saddest story in F1

Could be worse, like driving for the second place with Ferrari this year.

hamchan

alonso goddamn

saddest story in F1

It's not sad when he's the one who made his own team choices. Apparently he sucks at it.

I'm with you, looking at that list they switched to Mercedes whenever something interesting was happening. Lauda mentioned that they only showed Lewis leaving hit pitstop and didn't show him entering, but that was when Max, Kvyat and Alonso were at it (I believe, might have been something else, but something interesting was going on anyways). Mercedes drive at the front and nobody can touch them and the tactic since last season (and arguably, longer than that really) has been to focus the show on overtakes and incidents, rather than just following a driver around driving his laps. It definitely makes for a better show to show fights for positions than to show a Mercedes.

It was much more obviously a conscious decision to blacklist Merc in the qualifiers.

He said that about ferrari (fullfilling the contract)

This whole thing reads like he had to do it after he got an enema from the team "privately"
The fifth Tweet would be "all hail hypnotoad"

Probably everyone in McLaren agrees with him, I doubt they said much to him privately outside don't do it again.

The engine is trash. Button said they are samurai warriors without sword and armor, basically he is saying the same as Alonso, but more polite.

Probably everyone in McLaren agrees with him, I doubt they said much to him privately outside don't do it again.

The engine is trash. Button said they are samurai warriors without sword and armor, basically he is saying the same as Alonso, but more polite.

That's the whole point! It's no secret their car is shit. What Alonso did was childish and unnecessary..

Typical Alonso

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Manor will use Mercedes engines in 2016, Lauda said for Sky today. Werhlein will get a seat at Manor for 2016. They (Manor) are also in talks with Williams for technical cooperation.

Shouldn't a Kimi fan be more forgiving of a guy venting via team radio?

But when Kimi does it, it's cool and funny. Like, he knows what he's doing, y'know?

Manor will use Mercedes engines in 2016, Lauda said for Sky today. Werhlein will get a seat at Manor for 2016. They (Manor) are also in talks with Williams for technical cooperation.

Shame that they couldn't keep the collaboration with Ferrari going, but the other option might even be cheaper than a 2016 Ferrari package. And with Haas on their way, there would be little incentive to fight over Manor.

Alonso should move up to goat tier to replace Schumacher.
Crazy talk. Schumi did what Alonso is famous for all through the 90s against superior Williams and Mclarens cars.
Spa 92, 95,97. Barcelona 96.
And in his Benneton years he won despite FIA ramming penalties down his throat to keep the WDC battle with Hill competitive.
Are you one of those bitter anti-Schumi guys still livid about Adelaide 94 or the Todt/Brawn/Schumacher era of Ferrari and Bridgestone dominance? I know that type of fan well.

Lego Boss

Alonso is a poison. He ruins every team he goes to.

This. Is he really as good as his reputation seems to demand? He's been at two top teams (McClown the first time around) and he's not won a championship.

Perhaps can only happen with a Briatore safety car.

Edgy, but a grain of truth?

This. Is he really as good as his reputation seems to demand? He's been at two top teams (McClown the first time around) and he's not won a championship.

Perhaps can only happen with a Briatore safety car.

Edgy, but a grain of truth?

I think he's as good as his reputation. He's one of those drivers that you know is driving the car as fast as it can possibly go. I would put Kubica in the same bracket when he was in F1.

Top Bottom