• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

RoKKeR

Just finished the race. Oh fuck you Kimi.

Great to see Force India on the podium, really great story. At the same time, totally gutted for Bottas. I mean Kimi... that's a *move* you pull in Forza or Mario Kart.

Seeing the Force India celebration is amazing. Love the radio call! Pretty entertaining race today all things considered.

Aiii

So not worth it
Wonderboy got his ass handed to him in this GP, between a broken car and a sore Sainz.

Very funny though that the Stewards are now handing out penalties for off the track, the Belgian GP could've used that.

Enough salt to run a McDonald's for a whole week in this post, well done, I enjoy this.

Just to add a little extra salt to your wound, Verstappen's car was damaged as well.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
The standings are quite fascinating.

1. #Blessed
2. German Jesus
3. Thirdberg
Nothing
Still Nothing
4. Rektönnen

Risgroo

Really bad move by Kimi.

yatFCrD.png

Just thought of something: despite all the DNFs due to mechanical failures or collision incidents, Crashtor drove without incident and got 7th today :lol

DrM

Redmond's Baby
That was an interesting post race conference :D

Who waived to spectators first
SV: Did you start waving five laps to go?

LH: I didn’t! You used to do that!

SV: No, Mansell was the one who started waving on the last lap – you topped him doing it five laps from the end.

LH: No, I didn’t!

Seb's attempt to rest hostesses for Lewis
SV: I know you’re wait... you just told me that you’re waiting for the girls to come over to you in the Radisson Hotel, room number 708 but I think they’ve been standing all day so I think they can sit down. Feel free to sit down.

LH: What are you talking about?

SV: Sit down. How do you say sit down in Russian?

And Checo was mesmerized by something at last question :D
SP: I think first of all we’re very lucky to be here with such beautiful girls.

LH: Best press conference ever.

Shaneus

Yeah, if that's from today and regarding the incident... filthy.

Perez, Ricciardo and Sainz did the performances of the day. A shame about the mechanical problems but at least Perez had a lucky ending. So deserved.
I wouldn't say Ricciardo was performance of the day, but I still find it amazing that with such a turd of a PU he's generally able to do so well with it. Dat tyre management, didn't even see a falloff towards the end which says a lot. Kvyat no slouch either.

hitgirl

Think this was the first time I've seen Lewis lighthearted in the post race / pre podium room? He's usually super serious, hat still on, avoiding camera, or looking longfully out a window. He's just having fun now..

I CANNOT WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK. Starting my trek to Austin for the gran prix. VIP skybox again this year.

Just thought of something: despite all the DNFs due to mechanical failures or collision incidents, Crashtor drove without incident and got 7th today :lol

Pastor took the day off because everyone DNF themselves. He had no work to do.

RoKKeR

Not sure who was luckier today, Massa or Maldonado.
Probably Massa, how the fuck did he get 4th? There was the big fight at the end and then he was in 4th. Thought he was sucking all day long.

Also those press conference quotes are amazing. Seb seems like a hilarious guy to hang around.

xrnzaaas

Poor Alonso can't take a break. ;) After reading the comments I might watch the race after all, because I was expecting a snoozefest.

Par Score

Think this was the first time I've seen Lewis lighthearted in the post race / pre podium room? He's usually super serious, hat still on, avoiding camera, or looking longfully out a window. He's just having fun now..

People do him down for jetting all over the world and being a celeb between races, but you can never say he's not all business on race weekends.

But now his business is basically done for this season, so we should be seeing more of the fun-Lewis for the last few races. I'm predicting a whole bunch of donuts in Texas

Aiii

So not worth it
Bit surprised they let all the drivers fly in the same plane together. I guess they're all different teams, but still.

Oh is this an interview from today? Thats not the facial expression of someone who feels theyre fundamentally at fault. Would go with him implying the collision was a "racing incident"

Kimi doesn't see the issue.

"Obviously I tried to overtake," began Räikkönen.

"I overtook him once before in the race there, and I was catching him through Turn 3, and I wasn't too far [away], so I thought I'd try again.

"Once I'd decided to try I could not back off any more. I went there... I don't know if he didn't see me at all, or expected me to go there.

"I tried to turn as much inside as I could, and there was nowhere to go, so we collided."

Bit surprised they let all the drivers fly in the same plane together. I guess they're all different teams, but still.

I'd think a plane crash would be a bigger issue.

DrM

Redmond's Baby

Looks like some of them share the same plane on fly away races

If you are #blessed, you can have your own private Bombardier challenger 605 airplane (only 28 million $ #yolo)

Lach

Statistically speaking it's probably a lot more dangerous to race in F1 than flying. I don't know the statistics for flying but in F1 taking the last ten years it's something around 1:10(years)*20(races)*22(drivers) = 1:4400..... :(

Aiii

So not worth it
With the amount of flying they do though, it's a bit of a risk to suddenly lose half of the grid, even if it is improbable (and hopefully remains a hypothetical forever).

Statistically speaking it's probably a lot more dangerous to race in F1 than flying. I don't know the statistics for flying but in F1 taking the last ten years it's something around 1:10(years)*20(races)*22(drivers) = 1:4400..... :(

You can't do races. Calculate by distances for each car. F1 is probably the safest sport on earth

EDIT:

but what do I know
image.php

With the amount of flying they do though, it's a bit of a risk to suddenly lose half of the grid, even if it is improbable (and hopefully remains a hypothetical forever).

A company I used to work for didn't allow more than two members of senior management to fly together. As rare as crashes are, it seemed like a relatively sensible thing to do.

Aiii

So not worth it
Dutch media are reporting that Toto Wolff met with Jos and Raymond Vermeulen (Max's manager) this weekend. When they inquired about the meeting Toto said "I've known 'crazy' Jos for the longest time, we were just catching up." But when pressed about the presence of Max's manager and asked if it really was just catching up, he admitted: "No, I'm not sure it was just that."

chadskin

Dutch media are reporting that Toto Wolff met with Jos and Raymond Vermeulen (Max's manager) this weekend. When they inquired about the meeting Toto said "I've known 'crazy' Jos for the longest time, we were just catching up." But when pressed about the presence of Max's manager and asked if it really was just catching up, he admitted: "No, I'm not sure it was just that."

Mercedes gets Max, Red Bull gets the Mercedes engine.

Sounds fair to me.

John_B

I'm pretty sure Ferrari, Mercedes and Red Bull are all forwarding offers to Verstappen. They might not get the opportunity to employ him again before many seasons into the future.

Verstappen would be wise to stay with Toro Rosso for one more season before going and measuring himself against the likes of Vettel, Hamilton and Ricciardo. Will be interesting to see.

Top Bottom