• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Is this really a problem for the existing engine suppliers? Surely because they spend more money on their engine, it'll easily outperform this cheaper alternative?

CSBoR7wUAAAZV3I.jpg

"It's not a lake, it's an ocean."
Such a lust for precipitation.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So Red Bull will be running Chevy engines next year? And Honda will just pull their Indy engines over? wtf is going on?

stryke

Have there been any rule changes in regards to the chassis or are they all essentially running the same kit like last year?

dubc35

Next article up: Horner complaining about Renault's FE pace

I don't follow FE at all, not sure if that works with them P1/P1 in FP

Chris R

So Red Bull will be running Chevy engines next year? And Honda will just pull their Indy engines over? wtf is going on?

Wait... really?

The Indy engines aren't terrible... but I don't think F1 should be using them.

Hope the rain isn't horrible tomorrow, I'll be in Austin watching a football game but if everything rains out that would suck. The race should be good to go I would think...

edit: yup, 85% chance of rain at 6AM on Sunday, drops to 37% by racetime. Should be a wet race, thinking qualifying will be rained out though (do they just line up on P1 times then?)

chadskin

edit: yup, 85% chance of rain at 6AM on Sunday, drops to 37% by racetime. Should be a wet race, thinking qualifying will be rained out though (do they just line up on P1 times then?)

By (ascending) car number, apparently. Which means it would've been a less than smart decision of Hamilton to pick #44 heh.

Top 5 would be (taking the grid penalties for the Ferraris into consideration)...

1. Ricciardo
  2. Rosberg
  3. Grosjean
  4. Ericsson
  5. Perez
https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/championship/drivers.html

Mastah

Tobias Grüner ‏@tgruener 5h5 hours ago

Starting numbers will not determine grid anymore. Charlie Whiting confirmed it would be a stewards decision - either FP1 or WDC standings.

Tom Clarkson ‏@TomClarksonF1 5h5 hours ago

All eyes on @ManorF1Team for remaining '16 F1 seats. Been told there are six in it: Rossi, Stevens, Wehrlein, Magnussen, Vergne and Haryanto

Today can be rescheduled, decision to be made at 7am local time:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia-ready-to-change-austin-f1-qualifying-schedule/

John_B

FP1 times were pretty much installation lap times. Only WDC standings makes any sense for starting position if qualifying is abandoned.

Is this stuff not in the rule book?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I like how there's plenty of space at the Beijing track for passing. Piquet still the master of energy conservation.

Aiii

So not worth it
Top Bottom