• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Shaneus

Wow, Ric is pointing fingers today. Usually he's a bit passive when he get's involved in incidents.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRHwgtBt2jE

He's not particularly scathing or anything but he definitely blames Hulk. He's more critical of Sainz I think, saying the other drivers aren't impressed with him either.
Yeah, he doesn't handle criticising others well at all, looked really uncomfortable doing it. That's the most I've seen him openly talk about poor form from other drivers.

What does that sort of thing mean for Honda and Renault? I suppose cost per engine and cost for developing the engine are two different things. Sure as shit hope Honda have continued work on theirs during the whole season. Might as well just bin the current design and start anew.

Does anywhere broadcast the race in 60fps? I know there's no bandwidth that could realistically handle that, but if I knew it happened then I'd start looking for downloads in that framerate. Must be glorious.

ramparter

Banned
Man, Rosberg needs to grow a fucking spine. He has let Hamilton push him out of so many positions. If he had any moxy, we would have had some awesome Mercedes on Mercedes crashes this year, but he is a garbage #2 driver through and through. He will never win the title. Crazy race. Sucks that Vettel couldn't at least push it one more race. I hate when the season ends with races left.
He has shown great potential and speed (remember those poles last year) but he is such a loser, he needs to put his self together.

Just watched the race, I left yesterday at lap 10 but it was looking promising so I managed to stay on black out. So it was really surprising to find that Lewis did it. After such a race! OK he deserved it but I was disappointed, it didn't have to end so early. Last three races should award double points.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Rosberg needs to accept a crash next time Hamilton tries to push him off the track.

Otherwise, he will just continue doing it.

Fox Mulder

Rosberg needs to accept a crash next time Hamilton tries to push him off the track.

The team could tighten the leash on using team orders if they start that shit. Both are in the same amazing historic car, lewis is just better.

Nico needs to cut down on the choke moments like late in this race too.

I don't think the public opinion would be against Rosberg for something like Japan. But you can't really force it or Rosberg looks stupid like in Spa last year.

andshrew

He needs to accept when a move isn't on and not continue to try it on - Hamilton had the racing line, harsh or not, Rosberg was always going to be driving into a disappearing space. If he had been smart about it he should probably have anticipated that and not dropped down to 5th place.

stryke

Sky commentators are insufferable.

*Ricciardo passes Hamilton to take the lead*

Crofty - "Oh, well Hamilton did say he would be cautious this weekened..."

fuck off

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Stick it to 'em Bernie, let's get some Cosworth power going.
Cosworth haven't built a competitive engine in 15 years. Doubt they have the engineering know how or finances to do it.
Maybe this tender is basically going to be a RBR/Illen designed engine that they are rumoured to be working on in some secret building.
Without ERS/MGH-H/K its should be a simpler build and crucially for RBR have a very small footprint.

dubc35

Asshole on the stands with a tablet up in the air recording the start, blocking the view of the people behind him.

Was this you?

g9RYr1y.gif

Chris R

Are you fucking kidding me? God, people can be such insufferable jerks. I hope he had that fucking thing knocked out of his hands.

So many people I wanted to fucking punch.

• People smoking right next to you instead of moving the fuck away next to all the other smokers
  • People hitting you with their umbrella (issue in the morning, not so much when the race started)
  • Parent I saw with ear protection around their neck, carrying a child with ZERO protection right next to the track
  • People littering
  • People cutting in the shuttle line

ect. Glad I didn't have to deal with any asshole photags in my area. It also helps that I was taller than 95% of the people at the event.

stryke

• People smoking right next to you instead of moving the fuck away next to all the other smokers
  • People hitting you with their umbrella (issue in the morning, not so much when the race started)
  • Parent I saw with ear protection around their neck, carrying a child with ZERO protection right next to the track
  • People littering
    [*]People with selfie sticks

I added one of my own. Been whacked in the face by some Chinese tourist whilst in Japan. Now everytime I see one I feel like snapping it.

Chris R

I added one of my own. Been whacked in the face by some Chinese tourist whilst in Japan. Now everytime I see one I feel like snapping it.

Only saw a single one the entire day on Sunday. They had a go pro attached to it but left the corner I was at after a few laps.

Shaneus

Ugh. FWIW the Melbourne crowd appears to be far, far better. Mind you, I was in the "premium" seats each year I've been there (next year is my first going just GA on quali day) but everyone chats and is generally just excited to be there. Not that I'm casting dispersions, but is that sort of behaviour at other motorsport events (say, Nascar) generally more accepted?

Chris R

Ugh. FWIW the Melbourne crowd appears to be far, far better. Mind you, I was in the "premium" seats each year I've been there (next year is my first going just GA on quali day) but everyone chats and is generally just excited to be there. Not that I'm casting dispersions, but is that sort of behaviour at other motorsport events (say, Nascar) generally more accepted?

I've only been to one NASCAR race. The worst of it was just some gentle ribbing between fans of various drivers. No fights, no bad manners, just a general "fuck you and your driver too, let's grab another beer" kinda feeling.

Granted, the NASCAR fans on general were much more drunk than the average F1 fan.

ramparter

Banned

• People littering

ect. Glad I didn't have to deal with any asshole photags in my area. It also helps that I was taller than 95% of the people at the event.
I have a theory that we greeks behave more like America than civilized Europe, this list really helps my case.

edit: Don't want to start a fire, and obviously this isn't the case for all, but those sound like the things that really annoy me with my compatriots

Lego Boss

This is part of it. At Spa Rosberg got loads of hate for crashing into Hamilton, but at COTA, Hamilton going into Rosberg is just dimissed as 'rubbing is racing'.

I like Hamilton and his aggressive style, but some of the moves he sticks on Rosberg are just brutal and he keeps doing it, because he gets away with it and Rosberg lets him.

This is why it would be so good to see Hamilton and Vettel in the same car. It's the mind games that would be most interesting, rather than the out and out racing.

Not likely to happen (unless they both go to McHonda)

ramparter

Banned
Btw another bad race for Hulk (and he only has himself to blame), another good race for Perez. Checo sure has a good year, I'm impressed!

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
This is part of it. At Spa Rosberg got loads of hate for crashing into Hamilton, but at COTA, Hamilton going into Rosberg is just dimissed as 'rubbing is racing'.

I like Hamilton and his aggressive style, but some of the moves he sticks on Rosberg are just brutal and he keeps doing it, because he gets away with it and Rosberg lets him.

This is why it would be so good to see Hamilton and Vettel in the same car. It's the mind games that would be most interesting, rather than the out and out racing.

Not likely to happen (unless they both go to McHonda)

Not a Hamilton fan but he was in front of Rosberg so he had the line. Being on the inside means he had to go wide. If Rosberg was smart he knew that, would've given Hamilton the place and taken it back accelerating out of the first corner, overtaking Hamilton on the left side.

John_B

It's not like Rosberg never pushed Hamilton.

Canadian GP 2014:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjlQZkRjDU8

And it's not like Hamilton never backs out of these situations.

Russian GP 2015:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_pe0rcE-I4

It just seems like Hamilton is way better wheel to wheel and has a better sense of when to go, when to back out, or when to choose a different line.

Rosberg goes for the same line as Hamilton every single time and ends up off track when he is on the outside. I don't recall him trying to slingshot Hamilton ever.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.

That video (and others like it) makes me want to have gravel traps back. The drivers opted for tarmac instead for safety reasons but I feel like all they wanted is a safety for their mistakes. Until seven to ten years ago if you didn't stay on the track you were 60 % out of the race. Nowadays they just cruise back to the track as if nothing ever happened.

John_B

That video (and others like it) makes me want to have gravel traps back. The drivers opted for tarmac instead for safety reasons but I feel like all they wanted is a safety for their mistakes. Until seven to ten years ago if you didn't stay on the track you were 60 % out of the race. Nowadays they just cruise back to the track as if nothing ever happened.
They tried to fix the tarmac area by drawing up a line drivers had to obey to rejoin the track. A GP2 driver fucked it up an caused a 3-car crash. So it was abandoned for the F1 race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDSYz64pQzk

I don't mind the tarmac if it's the safest option, they just need to make it have a significant cost to rejoin the track.

Kevin Magnussen is going to drive the Porsche 919.

After Lotus picked Palmer (£££££), I guess F1 is closed. Manor will be a bidding war as well, but they will not be as competitive.

Line_HTX

Kimi turning that steering wheel all the way to both ends to get that piece of wall off of him is how I panic in Gran Turismo 6.

I'm still laughing at that replay.

hitgirl

God I fucking hate people using tablets to record at sporting events. GET THE FUCKING THING OUT OF THE WAY.

Hate this too, recording video on a cell phone and the subject is like 200++ yards away. I don't mind it when people record with an actual camera because they are probably getting a good shot. But on a cell phone it's gonna look like shit, get over it.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Hulk has been driving like ass ever since Le Mans. He's going to be the example teams use when they ban their drivers from participating. Don't even need to bother with scheduling races the same weekend.

Hulk has been driving like ass ever since Le Mans. He's going to be the example teams use when they ban their drivers from participating. Don't even need to bother with scheduling races the same weekend.
"You want to start driving like Hulkenberg?"
"No"
"Then stay the fuck out of LeMans!"

Top Bottom