• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Mastah

Red Bull Racing @redbullracing

Applicants apply within. 💏 #F1

CSlTu7VW4AYEFj_.jpg:large

:D

Mastah

Force India in advanced talks with Aston Martin and Johnnie Walker:

Alongside the team name change, it is understood the livery will become blue and gold as part of a link-up with sponsor Johnnie Walker.

Aston Martin will receive branding on the car while there be synergy on R&D to allow for significant technology transfer from F1 to its road car business.

Force India's engine supplier Mercedes, which owns five per cent of Aston Martin, is said to have given its blessing to such an arrangement.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121578

Aston Martin Racing, hi.

Sorry, I was thinking of the fastest average speed which I think Montoya still holds.

Ha, yep:

highest average race speed - Schumacher, Monza 2003 - 247.5 kph
highest average lap speed during GP session - Montoya, Monza 2004, Q1 - 262.2 kph
highest average pole position lap speed - Barrichello, Monza 2004 - 260.3 kph

Aiii

So not worth it
Good news for FI, I have liked that team since it was Jordan GP, so I'm happy they get a nice cash influx for the future.

dubc35

Aston Martin Racing. I like it. It's better than FI (no offense Indians) and will bring some color to the grid!

Did they just snag Johnnie Walker from McHonda? Or will they sponsor both?

Great news for Force India.

I guess the talks with Aston Martin didn't pan out for Red Bull. I wonder if they didn't returns their calls either.

Aston Martin Racing. I like it. It's better than FI (no offense Indians) and will bring some color to the grid!

Did they just snag Johnnie Walker from McHonda? Or will they sponsor both?
I'm quite sure Johnnie Walker announced that they were jumping that sinking ship earlier this year.

I'm quite sure Johnnie Walker announced that they were jumping that sinking ship earlier this year.

In September, yes. And only, because Ron was being a dick.

" Johnnie Walker have been with McLaren for a decade, bringing £15 million a season. Their expected departure will be all the more galling for Ron Dennis, the McLaren chairman, given they offered at the end of 2013 to become the team’s title sponsor in a £43 million-a-year deal.

Dennis turned it down because he believed the offer was too small. A Johnnie Walker spokesman said on Friday night they are in “ongoing conversations” with McLaren but refused to comment on “speculation”. Santander’s £5 million yearly sponsorship is also set to end. The team also lost Hugo Boss to Mercedes last season after a 33-year association. "

"Here's free money for your team that is in shambles."
"Not enough!"

Aaahaha, oh god. NBC isn't even showing FP2 live. Ironically, because it's in a normal time zone for us. Airing taped at 11:30pm EDT. It took awhile to even find the delayed airing and I thought for a bit that they weren't showing it at all.

It's always FP2 + Qualifying + Race in full, live, with FP1 and/or 3 added a few times a year. Don't think I can remember this happening since they got the contract.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Aaahaha, oh god. NBC isn't even showing FP2 live. Ironically, because it's in a normal time zone for us. Airing taped at 11:30pm EDT. It took awhile to even find the delayed airing and I thought for a bit that they weren't showing it at all.

It's always FP2 + Qualifying + Race in full, live, with FP1 and/or 3 added a few times a year. Don't think I can remember this happening since they got the contract.

Stream it live on nbcsports.com

Zeknurn

Wait, BBC isn't showing this race live either? Good job not picking the two races that are at prime time forcing you to show the highlights in the middle of the night.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
The Honda engine sounds like it just went to Taco Bell and now wants to die.

I already think this need a permanent spot on the calendar because of the ludicrous engineer challenge. Highest straightline speed + the Monaco-spec aero package? Neat.

Track was clearly redesigned around having as many tight areas for spectators as possible and looks like the venue is fun.
Did Bernie have the track greased up to emulate Austin?
I think the track is just NEW still. The US broadcast crew said it was only set 14 days ago. There was a situation like this for Korea 2010 when they only paved the place the week before the race + it rained and it was an incredibly unpredictable race that ended up costing Webber the title.

Edit: lol, Honda 20kmh slower in the speed trap.

Either Mercedes is sandbagging or we've learned today that the key to unlocking the true power of the Renault engine is to run it a mile above sea level.

Zeknurn

@adamcooperF1: Honda's Arai-san on Red Bull: "We have been approached by a team, discussions are ongoing, nothing has been decided..."
@adamcooperF1: As we know McLaren has a veto, but I've been told that Arai-san is very keen to do the Red Bull deal, as he sees only positives

That sweet Honda engine might be obtainable.

In September, yes. And only, because Ron was being a dick.

" Johnnie Walker have been with McLaren for a decade, bringing £15 million a season. Their expected departure will be all the more galling for Ron Dennis, the McLaren chairman, given they offered at the end of 2013 to become the team’s title sponsor in a £43 million-a-year deal.

Dennis turned it down because he believed the offer was too small. A Johnnie Walker spokesman said on Friday night they are in “ongoing conversations” with McLaren but refused to comment on “speculation”. Santander’s £5 million yearly sponsorship is also set to end. The team also lost Hugo Boss to Mercedes last season after a 33-year association. "

"Here's free money for your team that is in shambles."
"Not enough!"

Ugh why can't Mansour Ojjeh just sack Ron "80's man" Dennis once and for all, guy's been on an ego trip ever since the Whitmarsh sackings and the team keeps on a downward spiral, the guy still firmly believes that a 43 million a year deal is "not enough for Mclaren"

@adamcooperF1: As we know McLaren has a veto, but I've been told that Arai-san is very keen to do the Red Bull deal, as he sees only positives
No shit! Arai's been "nothing but positives" all year long!

Top Bottom