• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Aiii

So not worth it
He's even wearing his Ferrari hear at the press conference, just so there's no doubt who's paying for his seat lol.

dubc35

Carlos Slim?

Haas has made it publicly clear they are sourcing as much as the rules allow from Ferrari. No surprise a Ferrari test driver lands a seat at their junior team regardless of where the funds originate from.

edit, looks like he has only piloted Ferrari powered cars in F1

In case the weather goes sour in Mexico, it's worth noting that it rained more heavily in Austin Friday than it did even for all of last weekend! So hey, could be worse! This peaked with a record 5.76" (144mm) measured in one hour, which is a rainfall rate that pretty much defies the laws of physics. Even the worst rain last weekend that cancelled Qualifying was about 1" per hour.

Juicy Bob

Not bashing Maldonado just for the sake of it, but I was surprised he wasn't given a slap on the wrist for driving back towards the direction of traffic when he ran wide at Turn 1 in FP2.

I get that he was just trying to rejoin the circuit, but if another car had locked up and taken to the escape route too, that could've been very dangerous.

CSmnSMRUYAAfcnv.jpg

Sainz,Raikkonen and Ericsson being destroyed ouch.

CSmnSMRUYAAfcnv.jpg

Sainz,Raikkonen and Ericsson being destroyed ouch.

Wonderboy Sainz seem to have some bad luck this season. Red Bull did good to get rid of Vettel. Kyvat seems to be on par with Ricciardo, who destroyed Vettel last year. Alonso is obviously past his prime and should leave the sport. Incredible that they gave Magnussen the boot over Alonso.

Dilly

Banned
Wonderboy Sainz seem to have some bad luck this season. Red Bull did good to get rid of Vettel. Kyvat seems to be on par with Ricciardo, who destroyed Vettel last year. Alonso is obviously past his prime and should leave the sport. Incredible that they gave Magnussen the boot over Alonso.

THE NUMBERS MASON!

Surprised to see Bottas and Massa so close. True team effort there.

Button owning Alonso too. LULZ.

I don't want ot take anything away from Button (I think still the only man to beat Hamilton in an F1 season,) but Alonso is clearly demotivated. I remember him wanting to retire in Texas but then conceded to leave it until they went out of the points. So much for never giving up.

ramparter

Banned
Points mean nothing in case of Alonso/Button. Most of the time they couldn't even finish the race and any points they got was pure luck.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Manor is falling apart, team principal John Booth and sporting director Graeme Lowdon decided to leave the team due to different view on the future of the team, compared to those of owner Stephen Fitzpatrick. Bob Bell also left last week.

Points mean nothing in case of Alonso/Button. Most of the time they couldn't even finish the race and any points they got was pure luck.

I wouldn't go that far. They scored in Monaco and Hungary, so one would presume they used their lack of performance to their advantage there. I don't see that as a particular coincidence considering Damon Hill's performance there in the Arrows in 97. Monaco and Hungary will have been their best chance at points this year and they probably maximised their reliability chances for those races.

sam777

Exactly this e.g. Alonso would have finished 5th last race had it bot been for a DNF, which both ALO and BUT have had in many races this season.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

Also, Vettel is dominating Räikkönnen to the same degree as Alonso did in 2014, indicating that he is on par with Alonso. Therefore, Kvyat is better than Alonso.

Manor is falling apart, team principal John Booth and sporting director Graeme Lowdon decided to leave the team due to different view on the future of the team, compared to those of owner Stephen Fitzpatrick. Bob Bell also left last week.

All part of The Demon Headmaster's master plan to enable Red Bull to get Manor's supply of 2016 Mercedes. 100% evil genius.

Kyougar

I don't want ot take anything away from Button (I think still the only man to beat Hamilton in an F1 season,) but Alonso is clearly demotivated. I remember him wanting to retire in Texas but then conceded to leave it until they went out of the points. So much for never giving up.

That Argument was shot down here everytime one said that about 2014 Vettel.

Vettel can only win with Newey rockets
Vettel can only win from the front row

So many things busted this year. Is there still anything left? Are Newey cars still cheat codes for success or are we moved back to pre-Vettel times?

Lego Boss

Vettel can only win with Newey rockets
Vettel can only win from the front row

So many things busted this year. Is there still anything left? Are Newey cars still cheat codes for success or are we moved back to pre-Vettel times?

I think it's difficult to argue that Vettel is amazing when leading from the front, but he rarely puts on a recovery drive like we have seen from other drivers.

He is undoubtedly quick, but l'd want to see him do it for Ferrari to see that consistency. Schumacher and Hamilton have done it, now Vettelust win with another team to show his talent is as broad as it is deep.

Man, what's going on at Manor.
I've read this Fitzpatrick is a fraud with little money and somebody is pulling his strings. He wants Renault PUs for next season and is wanting a hook up with Dave Richards and Prodrive which has resulted in the bailouts.

Manor / Prodrive get Renault power

Renault get legacy bonus for supplying Manor/Prodrive and finally buy Lotus.

Red Bull get Mercedes (three team supply rule)

Mastah

McLaren ‏@McLarenF1 2m2 minutes ago

The underlying signal problems on JB's engine have not been resolved. Therefore, he won't take part in quali. Our focus is now on the race.

Jenson experiencing Bahrain weekend once again :/

But yeah, we can totally compare Alonso and Button, it's not like they have problems in every single session.

Lego Boss

Is it because Vettel has never had a truly worthy team-mate, then got beaten by a new team-mate last year?

I dunno, l know l'm not the only one who feels that he has something to prove, which is clearly absurd after 4 x WDCs. Maybe it's cos he was so widely disliked at RBR and it's a legacy from that.

dakun

Yeah, f1 definitely needs to have a bigger presence in South/Middle America. Give them an awesome track and a driver they can support and they are the most passionate fans of all

Zaru

The camera directors sure pay a lot of attention to Perez. As they should! Those constantly cheering spectators make you feel the hype.

Top Bottom