• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

DD

LOL, I always knew Massa was very short, but this pic is beyond funny.

rib3456_1.jpg

Yeah, I know it's an optical illusion, but still... LOL

It was a charity game to help the children with cancer. From here: http://globoesporte.globo.com/motor...e-massa-faz-festa-de-criancas-com-cancer.html

Respect!

dubc35

That's Hugo Boss (33 years), Johnnie Walker (10 years) and now Tag Heuer stepping away from McLaren.

I'm not a McLaren fan by any means and I have no idea how financially stable they are, but I'd be truly sad if Ron runs the team into the ground.

haha, queue up the video of Boullier dismissing Coulthard in the Russia grid walk (Thanks to jdw_b for the link). Sponsors? Meh, who cares. ALO and BUT's race suit will be blank white next year.

Ark

Pardon my ignorance, but what's the problem with bringing the helmet to the podium? Has it always been like this? Safety issues related? Sponsorship issues?

Probably just for the sake of making sure there's no tampering with the weight of the helmet. Although obviously in the context of the gif it was totally harmless.

LeBoef

losing hugo boss was due to mercedes. they wanted to stick to their primary partner, which is mercedes.
afair they arent even sponsoring mercedes dtm anymore, after ages.

Lach

If BBC drops F1 completly it will probably to Sky exclusively and I'll be done with F1 (at least watching it live).

To many good, free alternatives (WEC and FE)

Aiii

So not worth it
Is that in dosbox or something? I could probably get away with playing that at work if it doesn't require continuous micromanagement.

Grand Prix Manager 2 is a Windows program, it won't work in Dosbox.

You could, of course, run it in an older windows in a VMWare VM or something, instead.

DD

Things here in Brazil aren't looking so good either. Globo TV skipped Austin and Mexico to show football matches, and since last year they aren't showing Q1 and Q2, only Q3. And the Brazilian GP lost in number of viewers to a smaller channel that was showing nothing extraordinary.

Aiii

So not worth it
Meanwhile, in The Netherlands, F1 just returned back on sort-of free tv (with the biggest provider in NL only) and Max is generating a whole lot of buzz and new (and/or returning) viewers.

DD

Race of Champions lineup (Saturday):

1ª round
José María López x Ryan Hunter-Reay
Pascal Wehrlein x Andry Priaulx
Mick Doohan x Jorge Lorenzo
Alex Buncombe x Jolyon Palmer

Quarter-finals
Sebastian Vettel x Petter Solberg
Daniel Ricciardo x Nico Hülkenberg
Jenson Button x Felipe Massa
David Coulthard x Susie Wolff
Tom Kristensen x Nelsinho Piquet
Romain Grosjean x Jason Plato
Winner of race A (López x Hunter-Reay) x Winner of race B (Wehrlein x Priaulx)
Winner of race C (Doohan x Lorenzo) x Winner of race D (Buncombe/Palmer)

Nations Cup (Friday)

1st round
All Stars (Grosjean/Lorenzo) x Young talents (Wehrlein/Palmer)
England 1 (Priaulx/Plato) x Brazil (Massa/Piquet)

Quarter-finals
Nordic Team (Kristensen/Solberg) x America (López/Hunter-Reay)
Australia (Ricciardo/Doohan) x Germany (Vettel/Hülkenberg)
England 2 (Buncombe/Button) x Scotland (Wolff/Coulthard)
Winner of race A (All Stars x Young talents) x Winner of race B (England 1 x Brazil)

I reckon Nordic Team or Germany for the team competition. Impossible to say for the individuals. These two should be good little matchups though:

Sebastian Vettel x Petter Solberg
Daniel Ricciardo x Nico Hülkenberg

DD

Meanwhile, in The Netherlands, F1 just returned back on sort-of free tv (with the biggest provider in NL only) and Max is generating a whole lot of buzz and new (and/or returning) viewers.

Here the situation is kind of sad, really. People are still waiting for a new Senna. I mean, it's understandable to expect more, since we had three great champions, one after the other (Fittipaldi, Piquet and then Senna), but the shit these drivers have to deal after Senna's death is absurd. First all the pressure of being the new Senna fell on Barrichello's shoulders, a driver with a brilliant career, but still is seen as a joke here because he didn't won a title. Then there were others, but the biggest burden fell on Massa, that since the beat he got from Alonso, is also seen as a joke by many idiots. And now people are looking at Nasr full of dreams and hopes and, I mean, he is really good, but will probably fall on that same shit as Barrichello and Massa, because he and anyone else will not be the new Senna, for Christ sake. You probably saw people chanting the name 'Senna' from the grandstands, flags and t-shirts, even a building with his face. Fuck, let the man rest! Move on! There was only one, just like there will never be a new Fangio, a new Schumacher or Prost. Brazilians have this idiocy of supporting only who is winning. If you're winning, you're a god; if you're not, you're a joke.

DD

Speaking of old legends, its funny how little praise Piquet gets here, but I can see why. Senna was all "oh, I dedicate this title to all my fans and for the poor children. We can make things happen. Let's go Brazil, this shows that if we can do this, we can do anything!", while Piquet was all like "Whom do I dedicate this title? I dedicate to myself. I won it!". And they weren't exactly friends. Everytime someone interviews Nelson, he shits on Senna's name until today, lol. #ShitPiquetSays.

dubc35

I hope the joke about his tiny cell phone is repeated but with a huge smartphone to call out the full circle back to the Zak Morris era.

Welp, we're at this point of the season where zoolander 2 talk is the only thing moving the F1 thread, lol

I hope the joke about his tiny cell phone is repeated but with a huge smartphone to call out the full circle back to the Zak Morris era.

Welp, we're at this point of the season where zoolander 2 talk is the only thing moving the F1 thread, lol
At this rate, we may not even make it to OT2 until after the chequered flag at Abu Dhabi. F1 needs more controversy/cheating/throwing toys out of pram.

dubc35

With another dominate season by Mercedes and no major driver or formula changes for next year, F1 mostly missed out on the silly season. RBR's PU search was about it.

DD

Adrian Newey is going to work with Van Amersfoort Racing, a dutch team at Euro Formula 3 championship, the team that Max Verstappen used to race with, last year. The team has signed with Pedro Piquet (two times Brazilian F3 champion), and will probably have Adrian's son, Harrison Newey (second place at British F4) at the other seat. Adrian will continue working with Red Bull, but with an even smaller role.

I can't see what he could possibly do at Formula 3 besides helping his son. But that seems like a very strong lineup.

The problem is that there's barely anything to talk about:

These are the headlines of the season, basically:

Williams: We know our strategy is shit. We should fix it soon-ish.

Ferrari: We're making progress! No, seriously, it's true! We weren't close to beating Mercedes in a while, but please believe us. Pleeeease! Also, next year is going to be tits!

Mercedes: #1 + #2 + WCC, team is more important than the individual driver, F1 is a team sport.

McLaren: Everything is great!

Alonso: It's more frustrating finishing P2 or P3 than finishing at the back of the field. Everything is great, for sure.

Lotus: Like a charming Italian team boss once said, "no money, no honey".

Lach

At this rate, we may not even make it to OT2 until after the chequered flag at Abu Dhabi. F1 needs more controversy/cheating/throwing toys out of pram.

How Hard is that 20k limit enforced? I don't see any sense in starting an OT2 and then starting an Off-Season OT a week later...

Lacks class to say it though, especially when winging it in the top car of the moment, just like Vettel was in the past.
This is true. He really shouldn't be taking pot shots at Vettel. We all know he's proven his skill for the most part this year. And I do agree Hamilton needs to be quiet for the rest of the year or at the very least take a couple of seconds to self edit his statements.

Top Bottom