• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

B2DMc1zCcAAWWVu.png

Hamilton maligns Vettel, Webber and Raikkonen
He isn't exactly wrong with what he says though.

When asked about his arguably excessive confidence, Hamilton told Sport Bild: “I would not call it self-confidence, but extreme faith in myself.

Getting so whiney after losing two races to Rosberg I would rather call it entitled.

When asked about his arguably excessive confidence, Hamilton told Sport Bild: “I would not call it self-confidence, but extreme faith in myself.

Getting so whiney after losing two races to Rosberg I would rather call it entitled.
Yeah he really does need to buckle down and still realize he has to beat his team mate next year consistently to win another championship.

dubc35

Yeah he really does need to buckle down and still realize he has to beat his team mate next year consistently to win another championship.

Rumors that Martin Whitmarsh will lead the Manor team after their leads will leave. Perhaps the return of Whitmarsh to the grid recreates broken down Lewis ala 2011? (was it 2011?)

DD

Rumors that Martin Whitmarsh will lead the Manor team after their leads will leave. Perhaps the return of Whitmarsh to the grid recreates broken down Lewis ala 2011? (was it 2011?)

It was.

As long as he stays the f*ck away from Massa
and don't get hurt, of course
, I'd be cool with that. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It was.

As long as he stays the f*ck away from Massa
and don't get hurt, of course
, I'd be cool with that. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I thought Whitmarsh was doing boat racing for the America Cup or whatever that thing Newey always wants to do is called. Whitmarsh + Nicole must be a doom equation for Hamilton.

DD

I thought Whitmarsh was doing boat racing for the America Cup or whatever that thing Newey always wants to do is called. Whitmarsh + Nicole must be a doom equation for Hamilton.

Yes, we need Nicole too. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The problem is that the title will fall on Rosberg's hands, and he's lame as fuck. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

What can we do, Gaf?

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

┬─┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)

dubc35

Yep, shame too. I would love to see that breakdown. Nothing against Leiws; just a train wreck that would be impossible not to look at, lol.
Martin Whitmarsh has poured cold water on suggestions he might be set to succeed John Booth as Manor’s new team boss.

The British backmarker has already replaced the departing Graeme Lowdon with former ‘lie-gate’ protagonist Dave Ryan.

Earlier this week Alexander Wurz told the BBC he had turned down the role, “After a period of consideration, I have informed (owner) Stephen Fitzpatrick that I have taken the decision not to make myself available to Manor.”

Now another name linked with the job has been Whitmarsh, an experienced former team principal who worked closely alongside Ryan at McLaren.

Whitmarsh, now involved with the management of an America’s Cup team, admitted to having contact with Manor but insisted: “I do not intend to become team principal at Manor.”

He said he will “definitely say no” if Fitzpatrick asks him explicitly to lead the team in the post-Booth era.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2015/11/19/whitmarsh-says-no-interested-in-manor-boss-role/

Zeknurn

There's also the rumour that Mercedes wants to get rid of Lauda because he isn't on message all the time.

A Hamilton meltdown could very well be on the way.

DD

What's the problem with Manor, actually? People jumping out of the boat, people refusing to join...

Aren't they with good looking prospects for the next year, with a brand new car and a Merc engine?

There's also the rumour that Mercedes wants to get rid of Lauda because he isn't on message all the time.

A Hamilton meltdown could very well be on the way.
I'll miss the Hamilton x Lauda bromance if that happens. Who would they replace him with? I wouldn't mind seeing Hakkinen brought in to give Hamilton the hard truth when he needs it, but I don't see that happening.

dubc35

I think it would be funny to throw a flamboyant personality into a reserved team. It won't happen but I would find it amusing.

If Niki was to leave, they wouldn't necessarily need to replace him. His role doesn't exist on other teams does it?

I still have no idea what he even does for Mercedes outside of being an outspoken mouth piece. I just like seeing a respected legend of the sport in the paddock on a consistent basis. Not taking a dig at Coulthard, Brundle or Damon Hill with that statement.

tomtom94

What's the problem with Manor, actually? People jumping out of the boat, people refusing to join...

Aren't they with good looking prospects for the next year, with a brand new car and a Merc engine?

I would imagine their lack of money and general instability is not a tempting prospect.

Shaneus

Massa and Maldonado are bros. People say that Maldonado is a great guy. The problem is how he drives. :p

Ricciardo also lives in the same building as Massa in Monaco, so they're bros too.
Yeah, they really are. Given the Massas stickered Danny's car, he tweeted this this morning:
RHbC5en.png

tomtom94

For the British drivers at least I think if you don't pay taxes then you shouldn't put the Union Jack on your car.

But then I am an idealist lefty hippie, so.

Gruso

Even Verstappen moved to Monaco. Wish these guys would just pay their damn taxes.
I don't know how I feel about the issue. Part of me says everyone has to do their bit, and another part says if I had the chance to live in a tax haven relatively close to work, vs bleeding 45% or more of my income, I'd be thinking hard about it.

Webber stayed in England and paid his taxes. But I think that was more to do with lifestyle than any particular fondness for tax law. As for others who have come from far and wide, like RIC or MAS, where should their moral compass point? Which European country, if you're not from it and not living in it, 'deserves' their cut when you're from Aus or Brazil?

Just thought bubbles. For the European guys, I guess it's a bit murkier.
Nice, cheers.

Ark

I don't know how I feel about the issue. Part of me says everyone has to do their bit, and another part says if I had the chance to live in a tax haven relatively close to work, vs bleeding 45% or more of my income, I'd be thinking hard about it.

Webber stayed in England and paid his taxes. But I think that was more to do with lifestyle than any particular fondness for tax law. As for others who have come from far and wide, like RIC or MAS, where should their moral compass point? Which European country, if you're not from it and not living in it, 'deserves' their cut when you're from Aus or Brazil?

Just thought bubbles. For the European guys, I guess it's a bit murkier.Nice, cheers.

For me, it's a pretty moot point when we have giant corporations that somehow avoid paying billions in tax.

Ricciardo is saying that he's expecting the Red Bull engine announcement next week at Abu Dhabi.

And Wehrlein says there's a 50-50 chance that he'll be on the grid next year.

Interesting stuff.

Nemme

Just saw an ad on eurosport that they are broadcasting (at least in the Netherlands) the Race of Champions tonight and tomorrow.

Cup of Nations in Londen tonight at 21:00 on Eurosport 1.

Race of Champions in Londen tomorrow at 16:00 on Eurosport 2.

Zeknurn

Probably because the companies are showing their interest because they would be the sole supplier.

Adam Cooper:
Advanced Engine Research has joined Ilmor Engineering in responding to the FIA’s call for expressions of interest for an alternative F1 powerplant for 2017.
The FIA wants an engine of up to 2.5-litres which produces around around 650kW (or 870bhp) and does not feature energy recovery.

Ilmor’s submission was expected, given that it is closely associated with Red Bull and has a V6 Indycar engine which could form the basis of an F1 project. Cosworth and Mecachrome are the other companies that could respond to the FIA’s call, although there has been no confirmation as yet.

UK-based AER held the GP3 engine contract from 2013-’15, and was a serious contender for the current GP2 deal before losing out at the last minute to Mecachrome. AER also provides the Indy Lights spec engine, and supplies both the Rebellion and Kolles LMP1 teams. It’s a smaller capacity version of the latter WEC engine, a twin-turbo V6 known as the P60, which will form the basis of the proposed F1 engine.

http://adamcooperf1.com/2015/11/20/aer-and-ilmor-respond-to-fia-call-for-f1-engine-supplier/

Top Bottom