• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/new-2017-f1-aero-package-has-been-agreed-symonds/

Williams technical chief Pat Symonds says that the 2017 F1 aero package has now been fully defined, and is confident that it will be formally approved by the World Motor Sport Council.

"The majority of the cues are taken from the Red Bull proposal. It's ended up with a bigger diffuser, a substantial front wing, and some I think quite attractive styling.

"It's a little bit retro, but the brief from the Strategy Group was to make the cars quicker and make the styling better. I think we've done those two.

Zeknurn

McLaren will be running with 2016 parts on half the car according to Alonso. Expect no improvements in pace.

Lotus granted a waiver for missing scrutineering.
@tgruener: #F1 After confirming 4 partners over the last couple of days I heard there will be another important Red Bull announcement tomorrow. #AMuS
@adamcooperF1: Formal confirmation from @WilliamsRacing that Lance Stroll has joined the team's driver development programme

@ScarbsF1: Kiss goodbye to overtaking in 2017 "It's ended up with a bigger diffuser, a substantial front wing" Pat Symonds va https://t.co/x27IPK7rIZ

urgh.

Q: And Fernando, how would you sum up your year and can you pick out a favourite moment?

Fernando ALONSO: Well, tough year, obviously difficult and struggling with the pace all year and the reliability, so definitely a difficult season for us. But personally I think it was necessary. It was a step forward in my career after the two championships, after five fantastic seasons fighting for the world championship but arriving second, so I needed some new motivation, some new project that I could trust and I could believe is the only way to become champion again. After one difficult season, as I said, I learn so much. I enjoy working with McLaren, with Honda, with all the Japanese discipline and Japanese culture into the team. I still remain very positive. I’m very, very happy and looking forward to next year being a little bit easier than this one that, as I said, has been difficult in terms of results.

The Way of the Samurai

Q: (Walter Koster – Saarbrucker Zeitung) Gentlemen, last year Sochi, this year Mexico, next year Baku in Azerbaijan; three new tracks in three years. Are you looking forward to new tracks or do you regret not returning to the eliminated tracks in the past like Imola, Magny Cours, Istanbul Park or Valencia? This is for the four drivers who know these tracks.

KR: It’s always the new places that are quite similar, designed by the same guy, so I’m not saying that they’re not good but they are more the same. I enjoy the older, traditional circuits. You maybe didn’t like Magny Cours, I liked it, not many people, quiet, easy. It was one of the best places to go! I liked the older, they looked a bit nicer, a more normal feeling than when we come here and everything is put – in this case – in a more desert area. I prefer there, it’s easier for people to go to – for us. We go wherever the race is. The weekend itself doesn’t change. We have the same people as here, the timetable is more or less (the same) and the same things happen.

I'm sure most here would agree with Kimi on this issue.

Here's the whole transcript of the press conference.

http://planetf1.com/news/thursdays-fia-press-conference-54

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to next season already. In the 18 years I have been watching F1 this is the least interested I have been. Bring on 2016.

Chris R

One of the worst? I think it's been better than one of Sebs stomp seasons.

Not terrific but not any worse than those. So I guess equally as bad?

ramparter

Banned
Aye, it's been a crap season overall. One of the worst in a long time.
Yup I can tell that when I don't care for the next GP, didn't care fro Brazil, don't care for Abu Dhabi. Still the worst season I've watched since 99 when I started has to be 2013. I think I missed the last 5-6 races...

Aiii

So not worth it
I dunno, I think 2004 still stands as the worst season of all time.

Schumacher won all but one race for the first 13 races that season and was the clear number one at Ferrari, he had no competition at all, inside and outside of his team.

Don't worry guys, Ferrari will totally step their game up next year. Mercedes simply won't develop the car anymore and Ferrari will gain another second over the winter. Problem solved.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Don't worry guys, Ferrari will totally step their game up next year. Mercedes simply won't develop the car anymore and Ferrari will gain another second over the winter. Problem solved.

And then you will wake up. All that can save their asses is Pirelli with softer tyre compounds for 2016, on which Mercedes could struggle

Also looks like RBR - Renault deal for 2016 is done and Horner is already calling 2016 season as 'transitional'. More on Autosport

ElTorro

But Ferrari is building a radically new car.

That has always worked so well for them.

untitled-1i0pfr.gif

ramparter

Banned
Dear Santa
I have been a good boy this year. I'ts been the first time I've had a good relationship with my teammate, I even convinced Ferrari to keep him even though he drives like my uncle from Munich.
For 2016 I'd like to have a really good car to compete with Mercedes. I know that it's too much to want a 5th title but you have to admit it would be fun just to see Alonso's face.
Love
Sebastian

ElTorro

Wait, they said that?

Not verbatim, but basically yes.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...i-will-be-a-true-competitor-again-next-season

Speaking at the Italian GP, Marchionne, CEO of parent company Fiat Chrysler and also Ferrari's chairman, said their desire to improve the current SF15-T with a view to more success, while also developing next year's "completely re-designed" car, should be seen as a statement of intent.

"In '16 all bets are off. We're entering the season with a completely re-designed engine and car; and I feel relatively comfortable that Ferrari will be back and a true competitor, as opposed to being a catch-up artist."

One of the worst? I think it's been better than one of Sebs stomp seasons.

There was only really one season where the Red Bull had domination like that of the current Merc and that was 2013. Even so, we had three different teams win races that year. This year, just two. That year also saw five different winners, this year... just three.

For me, you've got to go back to the bad old days of Ferrari dominance to find worse.

Aiii

So not worth it

mclem

Wow, never piss off Ticktum.

It's an unfortunate name for anyone who remembers 80's kids telly in the UK.

YprXW2e.png

"Look down, there's Tickle town, and there's the river Tum"

And then there's Roland Ratzenberger (RIP) from a while back. I wonder if this means Jenson will be baring his bottom sometime.

ElTorro

But it's not the same Farrari, in my eyes they were the better team this year. Mercedes had the best car but Ferrari was the best team imo.

I hope they can step up. They are are the only team that seems to have a change to muster a fight against the Mercs next season. Maybe Williams can step up to. But Red Bull seems to be stuck with their shitty engine, as does McLaren, and the other teams show now specific signs of potential for massive improvement.

Sorry forgot about the follow up:

Darren Heath ‏@F1Photographer 1h1 hour ago
@bouncebckbltrx @hailgrabovski Cameraman standing in a completely 'legal' pit lane position 10 feet from the car. Completely uncalled for.

Aiii

So not worth it
It'll be interesting to see if Sainz can win back the pretty much consistent .1 to .3s he is lacking compared to Verstappen over the past five or so races. Not sure if its the pressure, or if Verstappen was simply slower at the start of the season due to a lack of experience compared to Sainz, but it's been really weird to see that from Hungary onwards Sainz hasn't been as close to Verstappen as earlier in the season.

It'll be interesting to see if Sainz can win back the pretty much consistent .1 to .3s he is lacking compared to Verstappen over the past five or so races. Not sure if its the pressure, or if Verstappen was simply slower at the start of the season due to a lack of experience compared to Sainz, but it's been really weird to see that from Hungary onwards Sainz hasn't been as close to Verstappen as earlier in the season.

It's not fair to compare Sainz to Verstappen, because Sainz had a really unlucky season.

Aiii

So not worth it
In results? Sure, I agree.

In speed over a lap? I disagree. As I said, he's been consistently slower than Verstappen, in almost every session ever since the summer break. That can't be explained solely over a missed session here and there.

Top Bottom