• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Mastah

I 'm watching qualifying highlights from Monaco 1999 and damn, crashes before HANS was introduced were scary:

6pEjdvc.jpg

Red Bull's Chief Mechanic Kenny Handkammer left the team to join Tesla Motors.

A6PqKpf.png

e: Whoops, this is not a story, as he left the team already back in October. Sorry about that!

Staab

Lol, wth is that, the soapbox race ?
The start is especially painfully hilarious: light goes green, two guys get moving and then start to panic cause they think they jumped the start :lol:

Mastah

Tobias Grüner AMuS ‏@tgruener 2h2 hours ago

Some infos from recent AMuS stories: Mercedes to run new aero parts in China including a frontwing that was ready for Malaysia but not used.

Force India has to delay planned China aero upgrade to Bahrain. Package includes frontwing, brake ducts & side deflectors.

Lotus only built 1 graphic display steering wheel for cost reasons. Not race used. Could have helped MAL in Malaysia (SC delta time penalty)

Also:

Tobias Grüner AMuS ‏@tgruener 2h2 hours ago

According to engineers, Alonsos crash story is not plausible. Torque & hydraulic sensors would have picked up up blocked or heavy steering.

F1-insider.com ‏@F1insidercom 1h1 hour ago

@tgruener I heard the same... Engineers were laughing about #alonso's steering story.

His wife is pregnant, due in August. Hope it's nothing to do with that.

Edit - Seems it might be, apparently she's suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum (extreme morning sickness, very nasty).

and people actually watch this :D

also, who finances a series like that? the fee for the track alone must be crazy.

What would be cheaper?

Get one of these cars on the grid and let each one of us drive it once or to get an F1GAF Logo on the Marussia cars?

Hasney

So as there is a tiny bit of sun in England, I've been sunglasses shopping as my last pair were destroyed in a Black Sabbath moshpit. Decided to look at cheap ones first and other than a Livestrong Oakley pair that is reduced for obvious reasons, I came across this monstrosity:

1402303134-26382900.jpg

Mother of god.

neoanarch

1126izq0k.gif

and people actually watch this :D

also, who finances a series like that? the fee for the track alone must be crazy.
Am I missing something? These are school kids 11-16 who put together the cars they are racing. Sounds really fucking cool that they get to race on the actual courses.

TCRS

Banned
Am I missing something? These are school kids 11-16 who put together the cars they are racing. Sounds really fucking cool that they get to race on the actual courses.

oh okay I missed that part. I thought it's an official junior series. in that case their effort is commendable even if it looks hilarious :D

DD

*NoFunAllowed*

AND yet they manage be faster than the McLarens.

Mastah

More delays at Force India:

It had been hoped that the updated car would run at the Monaco GP in May, round six of the world championship, but Fernley said the plan has changed.

"The development is going well, but we won't see that until probably Austria," he told AUTOSPORT.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118386

Lewis Hamilton ‏@LewisHamilton 1h1 hour ago

Coco on the mix, guys! :D #BestDogs #CocoHAM #STUDIOPUP

CB_AbRxVIAETGpe.jpg:large

#blessed

Lach

Now that Williams have taken their place as the low downforce team, Force India seem to be regressing back to where they were when Mallya took over. A shame.

They seem to be a bit in the situation Sauber was over the last two years. Money being so tight they can't even produce the upgrades they develop.

AndyD

aka andydumi

Indeed.

It's actually interesting to watch and notice that those who touch the kerbs actually slow down too much through the turns, so those who run wide actually go a bit faster. And what happened at that start? Was the red guy the only one watching the lights?

Hey guys. Will hijack thw thread a bit. I hope you don't mind

My wife is an artist. And she drew one f1 painting as a gift for me back in 2008.now she's thinking of doing another one and I'd like your help to nominate an f1 moment that's worth drawing

Your help is much appreciated..

I was thinking of Kimi's victory lap at interlagos in 2007 with Kovalienen waving at kimi.

Any suggestions are welcome. Doesn't have to be from the modern era

Hasney

My wife is an artist. And she drew one f1 painting as a gift for me back in 2008.now she's thinking of doing another one and I'd like your help to nominate an f1 moment that's worth drawing

I was thinking of Kimi's victory lap at interlagos in 2007 with Kovalienen waving at kimi.

JuUQlnc.jpg

How about Kimi's first one with Lotus.

TCRS

Banned

pic of painting pls

Top Bottom