• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Zeknurn

EQbbBtC.png

"And then I told him, come drive for McLaren, the car is feeling fast"

DBT85

The only thing about his general image I don't get is the chains. I'm assuming it has something to do with his hip hop side? Even typing that I feel like a 70 year old man trying to talk with the kids.

Ark

If there's anything Formula 1 needs, it's a total re-shake. Or rather, a total re-creation for the 21st Century.

The FIA have really, really impressed me with how they've handled Formula E so far. I can't quite remember how the business is laid out, but the CEO of FE seems like a really cool guy. If the sport had the opportunity to distance itself from greedy pricks like CVC and Bernie, we might actually get the sport we all want.

The sport could be made to entice both manufacturers and privateers rather than huge piles of cash. Of course, we'd likely end up with some form of a budget cap, but I'm still of the opinion that isn't such a bad idea.

I guess I'll point to Indycar. Look at how far that series had fallen from it's hay-day and look at how it's growing now. I don't know, I'm just bored of F1 glossing over it's problems and pretending like they don't exist, all while viewerships dwindle and competition dies.

Dilly

Banned
If there's anything Formula 1 needs, it's a total re-shake. Or rather, a total re-creation for the 21st Century.

The FIA have really, really impressed me with how they've handled Formula E so far. I can't quite remember how the business is laid out, but the CEO of FE seems like a really cool guy. If the sport had the opportunity to distance itself from greedy pricks like CVC and Bernie, we might actually get the sport we all want.

The sport could be made to entice both manufacturers and privateers rather than huge piles of cash. Of course, we'd likely end up with some form of a budget cap, but I'm still of the opinion that isn't such a bad idea.

I guess I'll point to Indycar. Look at how far that series had fallen from it's hay-day and look at how it's growing now. I don't know, I'm just bored of F1 glossing over it's problems and pretending like they don't exist, all while viewerships dwindle and competition dies.

Another example of a series that is greatly making steps forward is the WEC. F1 seems to be the only one who's getting it wrong, consistently.

Ark

Another example of a series that is greatly making steps forward is the WEC. F1 seems to be the only one who's getting it wrong, consistently.

It's worth noting that a lot of WEC's recent rise is thanks to the ACO & FIA merger, and yup, recreating themselves into a series that is easy to understand and is more about enticing competitors rather than making money (I realise how dumb this sounds, but compared to CVC's plans for F1..). I mean come on, Audi and Porsche in one series? Not to mention Toyota and Nissan; if only Peugeot didn't have to pull out :'(

Oh, and let's not even mention how even GT3 is becoming more popular.

Shaneus

Maybe the WRC as well? They're in sore need of a publicity boost, or perhaps another Sebastien Loeb.

Maybe the WRC as well? They're in sore need of a publicity boost, or perhaps another Sebastien Loeb.

Oh no. I stopped following WRC after Loeb won his 3rd WC. It got really boring for me. How many did he end up winning? Guy was just too good, or other teams were shit.

If anything WRC needs less Loeb like domination and more competition. Volkswagen is even more dominant at the moment in WRC than Mercedes is in F1 (And Sebastian Ogier is driving to his third consecutive championship). WRC needs more teams with money to invest to the sport. As a finn the state of rally saddens me. =/

Shaneus

Oh no. I stopped following WRC after Loeb won his 3rd WC. It got really boring for me. How many did he end up winning? Guy was just too good, or other teams were shit.
Yeah, I don't know what point I was trying to make... I think just that we need something different.

If anything WRC needs less Loeb like domination and more competition. Volkswagen is even more dominant at the moment in WRC than Mercedes is in F1 (And Sebastian Ogier is driving to his third consecutive championship). WRC needs more teams with money to invest to the sport. As a finn the state of rally saddens me. =/
And on that, I don't think I realised there was such a dominant team until now, that's how little I'm following it. I have a feeling that WRC in it's current state is what F1 could be in only a few years if Bernie doesn't step his game up something severe.

So yeah, that's the point I guess I was making. F1 could well be what WRC is now if something isn't done.

Yeah, I don't know what point I was trying to make... I think just that we need something different.

So yeah, that's the point I guess I was making. F1 could well be what WRC is now if something isn't done.

One of WRCs problems was that more and more teams kept dropping the series. F1 will be in real trouble if the same happens there. Good thing is, it´s much easier to make good TV out of Formula One.

Last race was dope though. Just get the whole of F1 on BBC and public access channels in other countries and viewing figures will rise, but I guess that won´t happen.

Ferrari cars are dominating speed trap at the moment. Ferrari and Sauber around 335-337 kph whilst Williams are in the low 330s and Mercedes at 330 kph.

Could it be that Mercedes was using that fuel measure loophole? Has the Ferrari become the most powerful engine now?

Obviously, this could also be set-up related and the fact that both Ferrari teams might be low-drag in nature, but still very interesting. Last year, Mercedes dominated speed trap at this track.

Shaneus

One of WRCs problems was that more and more teams kept dropping the series. F1 will be in real trouble if the same happens there. Good thing is, it´s much easier to make good TV out of Formula One.

Last race was dope though. Just get the whole of F1 on BBC and public access channels in other countries and viewing figures will rise, but I guess that won´t happen.
I never watched the last race :/ And likewise for this one, pretty sure I'll be missing out. Need to check the times though, maybe I'll be able to catch it easily enough (and it'll be on TV... or I'll be home to watch it via DNS region spoofing).

Lach

BBC5. Use a VPN if you have to, but it'd be worth it.

Def. this! I've been using the local tv image + BBC5 radio audio a few times last year for the races that weren't live on BBC TV. By now I'm quite good at syncing tv image and radio audio...

Zeknurn

wat, why was someone running over the main straight during a session?

edit: It sounds like it was someone out of the crowd.

What on earth? The Hondas are suddenly not awful and ... average?! And it's even still 15 down in the speed trap! That shiny car-shaped engine cover with wheels might actually be a decent car in disguise!

These issues with the rear end come up at Malaysia and China every year because they're early in the season and have exceptionally rough braking zones, though this does feel a bit off. China always scares me more because of that washboard effect while braking on the back straight. Rather impossible to make the cars look entirely stable through that.

Lach

What on earth? The Hondas are suddenly not awful and ... average?! And it's even still 15 down in the speed trap! That shiny car-shaped engine cover with wheels might actually be a decent car in disguise!

I felt the step from Australia to Malaysia already was quite big and it looks like they made another one. P2 is a bit early to tell for sure though...

Ark

Ferrari cars are dominating speed trap at the moment. Ferrari and Sauber around 335-337 kph whilst Williams are in the low 330s and Mercedes at 330 kph.

Could it be that Mercedes was using that fuel measure loophole? Has the Ferrari become the most powerful engine now?

Obviously, this could also be set-up related and the fact that both Ferrari teams might be low-drag in nature, but still very interesting. Last year, Mercedes dominated speed trap at this track.

Mercedes are probably running more downforce. I imagine Ferrari are hoping to get up behind Mercedes and breeze past on the straight.

EDIT:

END OF #FP2:
1 HAM 1:37.219
2 RAI 1:37.662
3 RIC 1:38.311
4 VET 1:38.339
5 ROS 1:38.399

God damn, Hamilton's speed. Can't wait for qualy.

stryke

Mercedes are probably running more downforce. I imagine Ferrari are hoping to get up behind Mercedes and breeze past on the straight.

EDIT:

END OF #FP2:
1 HAM 1:37.219
2 RAI 1:37.662
3 RIC 1:38.311
4 VET 1:38.339
5 ROS 1:38.399

God damn, Hamilton's speed. Can't wait for qualy.

What tyres was Ric on?

Top Bottom