• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I do wonder what it would be like if a circuit had multiple routes. They should try it in Formula E.

Sounds actually like a cool idea. It might make real overtaking unnecessary, though.

dubc35

Ha, they're all pretty good quotes. I like RIC and RAI's as well!

keeping in the April Fool's mode: http://sniffpetrol.com/2015/04/01/exclusive-hamilton-contract-details-revealed/#.VRvuM2P0b50

As Lewis Hamilton prepares to sign a new deal with Mercedes, Sniff Petrol has obtained exclusive details of what’s in the British driver’s next contract.

Contract of employment between Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula 1 (hereafter referred to as ‘The team’) and Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton (hereafter referred to as ‘L Ham Diddy boyeeeee’)

Yearly contractual requirements as follows

– 31 million US dollars (to be referred to at ALL TIMES as ‘Benjamins’)
– 31.1 million hats
– 31.2 million slightly different beard designs
– DO NOT let me get back with her
– One item of ostentatious gold jewellery per race
– No seriously, if she calls say I’m in the bath
– Larger and more ridiculous sunglasses
– If she turns up to a race, just tell her I’m not there or something
– 40.2 million hashtags
– Emergency noise cancelling machine in case she turns up and starts speaking
– #blessings (various)

Mastah

Gasly gets opportunity to test Toro Rosso after Spanish GP:

Toro Rosso ‏@ToroRossoSpy 30m30 minutes ago

No #AprilFools! @PierreGASLY will drive at Barcelona T04! Nessun #pescedaprile, Gasly guiderà ai prossimi test #F1!

Hammer24

Banned
They split up... again.

Unless they're back together again, who can keep track?

Seems final this time, from what I heard.

I'd welcome seperate routes in circuits!

I don´t. One option would be a little faster than the other, so that's the one everyone would take. So the other option would stay dirty and become even slower, so you couldn´t even use it for an overtaking.
And then FIA would see themselves in a position to issue new rules "to keep it exciting" and make it mandatory, that every driver has to use the alternate route at least three times in a race, which drivers and teams would try to undermine... and thus the usual circus of stupid in F1 regulations would simply take another twist everybody gets mad about.

mclem

Gasly gets opportunity to test Toro Rosso after Spanish GP:

4Tjq9Vy.gif

ramparter

Banned
Seems final this time, from what I heard.

I don´t. One option would be a little faster than the other, so that's the one everyone would take. So the other option would stay dirty and become even slower, so you couldn´t even use it for an overtaking.
And then FIA would see themselves in a position to issue new rules "to keep it exciting" and make it mandatory, that every driver has to use the alternate route at least three times in a race, which drivers and teams would try to undermine... and thus the usual circus of stupid in F1 regulations would simply take another twist everybody gets mad about.
Well here come the special F1 rules, each driver will have to use every route for at least 30% of his laps etc :p

TCRS

Banned
finally watching the race. vettel just overtook lolberg.

where were you when german jesus returned and drenched the track in red?

xdOdEWV.jpg

feels good man.

Was just watching the BBC's F1 forum. Man, compared to his predecessors, Arrivabene is a breath of fresh air.

guy is brilliant. looks in charge, knows how to motivate, knows how to speak to the press instead of looking slightly unsure and saying "for sure" a lot or not talking at all.

Juicy Bob

I liked Domenicalli.

Arrivabene looks like the best man for the job at the moment. You can tell he's a 'no nonsense' kind of guy. I just get the impression that he could become one of those guys I end up not liking if he brings Ferrari to the front and ends up having to get all political and ruthless...

None of the previous Ferrari men were unlikable, though. Domenicali was a probably even a bit too nice, just like Whitmarsh. Mattiacci never made an incompetent impression either. In fact, he set most things for this season in motion, including getting rid of Alonso, and Vettel on board. He just wasn't political enough for Marchionne. I was highly skeptical of Arrivabene (I'll never get over this glorious and fantastic name) at the beginning and I still have some doubts. But maybe he really is what Ferrari needs right now. A manager and not a sports guy.

Ark

None of the previous Ferrari men were unlikable, though. Domenicali was a probably even a bit too nice, just like Whitmarsh. Mattiacci never made an incompetent impression either. In fact, he set most things for this season in motion, including getting rid of Alonso, and Vettel on board. He just wasn't political enough for Marchionne. I was highly skeptical of Arrivabene (I'll never get over this glorious and fantastic name) at the beginning and I still have some doubts. But maybe he really is what Ferrari needs right now. A manager and not a sports guy.

But Mattiacci was a manager. A damn good one at that, apparently. LdM moved him from being in charge of Ferrari America to being on the F1 team and then LdM got booted and so did Mattiacci. I feel bad for him tbh.

Arrivabene is a cool guy though.

Just think of that modelling work that has just been axed. That's a lot of fake tans and manicures that aren't going to be done it affects more than just the girls.
This is true, and the outfits that won't be designed and purchased, there's actually an economy around this that get effected, same for hair stylists as well.

frontieruk

This is true, and the outfits that won't be designed and purchased, there's actually an economy around this that get effected, same for hair stylists as well.

I didn't think of that! And then the sponsors... They pay to have their l logo on those girls, someone had to arrange that... Won't someone think of the grid girls!

It's so really sexist to tell women that they can't do that job anymore. I'm sure some of them loved it.
The single unmarried drivers too.
I didn't think of that! And then the sponsors... They pay to have their l logo on those girls, someone had to arrange that... Won't someone think of the grid girls!
I'm pretty sure the WEC did this to be more politically correct and progressive, but there's money in the grid girls industry and I highly doubt anybody was mistreated or heavily harassed during events, comic con this isn't. We're all going to miss moments like this if Bernie went this route:
mark-webber-playing-jokes-with-pit-girls-in-valencia-o.gif

So a model in a fashion show is ok but not as a grid girl? Isn't this hipocricy?
Yeah it makes no sense. I'm all for female empowerment and equal rights, but the girls get paid to be there. Now if their pay grade is as fucked as NFL cheerleaders then that's an entirely different story.

DBT85

I'm totally fine with them getting rid of grid girls. The argument that they get paid to be there is beyond stupid, as is the idea that its ok to have fashion shows but not grid girls.

Bernie won't follow suit as he's stuck in 1970.

I'm totally fine with them getting rid of grid girls. The argument that they get paid to be there is beyond stupid, as is the idea that its ok to have fashion shows but not grid girls.

Bernie won't follow suit as he's stuck in 1970.
Correction Bernie is stuck in 1870. Probably paid for his wife with a dowry.

Zeknurn

It seems like every time I see the camera go to her she is standing by herself. I have yet to see anyone talk to her (I don't watch pre/post race coverage so maybe they do then).

She and Palmer were standing together during the race.

And yeah, the concept of grid girls is disgusting and should be gone from anything motorsport related.

She and Palmer were standing together during the race.

And yeah, the concept of grid girls is disgusting and should be gone from anything motorsport related.
I'm not too disgusted by grid girls to be honest. When there's stuff like female circumcision running around something like this isn't that bad to me. As long as they're not there for some drivers to live out their James Hunt fantasies with it's sort of harmless to me. Granted I'm pretty sure your reply will be a lot more philosophical, which I don't mind. Now if there were "grid guys" and they got paid more than the grid girls now that would be a huge problem.

itsgreen

I'd rather see her in the car than in the pits.

This is bullshit good sir.

She is a mediocre d-class driver....

She hasn't done anything impressive...

Except her looks. And family money. Which are great.

Let's be honest, she just isn't close to being a good driver. Correct me if I'm wrong by presenting a top 5 position in any international series.

Top Bottom