• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Leonsito

I have read comments about the incredible good tyre degradation of the Ferrari again today, but I dont think they can caught Mercedes by surprise after what happened 15 days ago... But it would be great, Kimi deserves a shot at a win with Ferrari.

That would be amazing. Would be an awesome result for the sport.

Yes and no. I don't want to go from one team dominating to the next. This is why a season like 2010 was so acclaimed (despite the very little on-track action amongst rivals); the top 3 teams were really close and each track suited a specific car/driver. If Ferrari wins in China (which is at the other end of the spectrum from Malysia), then I think it's time to cut the crap and stop putting Mercedes onto that imaginary pedestal.

I have read comments about the incredible good tyre degradation of the Ferrari again today, but I dont think they can caught Mercedes by surprise after what happened 15 days ago... But it would be great, Kimi deserves a shot at a win with Ferrari.

Based on FP2, Ferrari will be able to 2-stop, probably doing Soft-Soft-Medium, whilst Mercedes will most likely have to 3-stop.

Yes and no. I don't want to go from one team dominating to the next
I don't think anyone could even vaguely argue that Ferrari are going to stand a chance of dominating. The reason it would be amazing is if we get back to the real chance of a championship fight between multiple drivers in multiple teams.

That aside, the pedestal Mercedes are on isn't imaginary. Their pace is incredible, but they're not without some problems in tyre management.

If you look closely, he's actually holding a Sauber contract.

5402281+_1745c54da1b8d0121f206a5c47e85901.jpg

Brilliant

Pimpwerx

So...Bangkok was cool.

A bit of an understatement there. Gonna try to kick my jet lag tonight, so staying up for qualies.

Looks like I'm moving to Bangkok sometime this year, so I might be doing the Sepang & Shanghai double each year. Good times. Good luck to Lewis tonight. PEACE.

I just noticed the race performance ratings stuff on F1's site, woah. Basically taking us as close as possible to real time driver telemetry. Fucking cool.

So...Bangkok was cool.

A bit of an understatement there. Gonna try to kick my jet lag tonight, so staying up for qualies.

Looks like I'm moving to Bangkok sometime this year, so I might be doing the Sepang & Shanghai double each year. Good times. Good luck to Lewis tonight. PEACE.

I just wanted to thank you for your reports from the last race. I really enjoyed them.

Pimpwerx

I just wanted to thank you for your reports from the last race. I really enjoyed them.
My pleasure. I'm just glad someone read them. The only thing I had energy for at the end of each day was a pint with the guys and posting some random musings from the day. That heat is some next level shit. That track was an oven. Shanghai was in the 50s F° when I connected through there Wed. PEACE.

Ark

I thought the session started at 7am, but it starts at 8am, so now I have to sit through an hour of Sky build up ;_;

Actually to be fair, this is nowhere near as bad as the last time I watched a Sky buildup.

I thought the session started at 7am, but it starts at 8am, so now I have to sit through an hour of Sky build up ;_;

Actually to be fair, this is nowhere near as bad as the last time I watched a Sky buildup.

Hah, same here! I checked for the local start time on GPUpdate yesterday and it said 8 am. Turns out it's 9 am here.

But hey, at least we have ad breaks to keep us entertained, right?

E: Decided to watch Gametrailers First Fifteen instead, until quali starts.

Juicy Bob

No F1 for me this weekend as the better half and myself are in Silverstone for the WEC.

Looking forward to catching the highlights of Qualy tonight and the race tomorrow night, but it'll be tough to avoid the result...

Risgroo

Good, good. Let the Lazenby flow through you.
No F1 for me this weekend as the better half and myself are in Silverstone for the WEC.

Looking forward to catching the highlights of Qualy tonight and the race tomorrow night, but it'll be tough to avoid the result...
Oooh, have fun! And get some Webber pics for us.

Ark

Hah, same here! I checked for the local start time on GPUpdate yesterday and it said 8 am. Turns out it's 9 am here.

But hey, at least we have ad breaks to keep us entertained, right?

E: Decided to watch Gametrailers First Fifteen instead, until quali starts.

The upside of this is that I've finally seen an interview with Arrivabene and he is chill as fuck. He thanked the Sky viewers at the end of the interview, no one ever does that!

Hasney

The upside of this is that I've finally seen an interview with Arrivabene and he is chill as fuck. He thanked the Sky viewers at the end of the interview, no one ever does that!

Seriously, he's like a Mafia boss and it's fantastic. He's quickly becoming my favourite team boss.

Great now I missed the interview. :( The episode was still good, though.

As for him being a Mafia boss, how many other team principals have tattoos visible on them?

Dilly

Banned
Arrivebene is cool.

If he told my to do anything, I'd work my ass off. If Domenicali told me to do anything, I'd continue my siesta.

jey_16

Banned
Fucking Lol.....McLaren eliminated again, i thought they were going to make Q2 this time?

Mercedes going to destroy everyone

Risgroo

Based Button.
Fucking Lol.....McLaren eliminated again, i thought they were going to make Q2 this time?

Mercedes going to destroy everyone
At least they're closer to the field, and that big-ass straight can't be good for the Honda :p
I expect them to be close to Q3 in Spain.

For a car down 100bhp three tenths is pretty damn close to advancing for the Hondas.

Actually a fairly tight spread across the field (excluding Ferrari and Mercedes). Within about a second for all. More expected for the European tracks.

Based Button.

At least they're closer to the field, and that big-ass straight can't be good for the Honda :p
I expect them to be close to Q3 in Spain.

Aside from that straight, China is not so much about power/top speed. I would expect that McLaren will struggle slightly more in Bahrain given the stop/go nature of the track.

How can they improve position until they improve in absolute time. the fact is they have improved massively

They have improved, that's undeniable, but in pure pace it still leaves them in Q1.

jey_16

Banned
For a car down 100bhp three tenths is pretty damn close to advancing for the Hondas.

Actually a fairly tight spread across the field (excluding Ferrari and Mercedes). Within about a second for all. More expected for the European tracks.

do we actually know how much they are down on HP? Its just an excuse being used for how shit the car is.

If it was down 100HP then they would not be this close to Hulkenburg

do we actually know how much they are down on HP? Its just an excuse being used for how shit the car is.

If it was down 100HP then they would not be this close to Hulkenburg
Given they can't even match the Manors in the speed trap once assumes that aero efficiency isn't the issue. Mind you there's no solid proof the car itself can perform on its own. Once we get away from the raw power tracks we'll have a better idea.

Jenson sounded very downbeat in an interview. I can see disappointment from not advancing but this weekend has been nothing but good news for those guys in terms of performance.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Brundle says the Renault engine has 40hp more on the dyno by loses it as soon as its installed in the car. Very strange and would cost them 4/10 second pace.

Pryce

Vettel and Rai right behind Rosberg. If their tires can hold up like they did in Malaysia, Rosberg will be in trouble.

Risgroo

Jos Verstappen scares me.
Aside from that straight, China is not so much about power/top speed. I would expect that McLaren will struggle slightly more in Bahrain given the stop/go nature of the track.

They have improved, that's undeniable, but in pure pace it still leaves them in Q1.

Hmm, yeah. They probably won't find any performance in a week either :/

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Ferrari engine just as powerful as Mercedes this year. Some reckon it is even more powerful.
Sauber with a 2014 car with new engine is now a top 10 car.

Top Bottom