• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 Off-Season |OT| Haas to get better, right?

DieH@rd

Banned
axvhDfI.png

MDYPNRl.png

kr4gU4s.png

TVGY842.png

meh-cat_featured.png

But it could be worse. Maybe it will look better on track.

Mohonky

This must be the most boring year ever for liveries. I known they have to run with themes that accentuate their primary sponsors colours and logos etc but most of this years cars are just solid coloured blocks.

Always see fan created liveries and oh Yeh that looks awesome then you are what the actual designers come up with and it's like holy shit first year graphics design students can do better than this shit.

Though if Maldonado was still racing I wouldn't even bother painting his car, it wouldn't even last an entire race anyway.

Pryce

I'm still amazed that an American team actually made it onto the track.

Yes, they have money and they worked right next to Ferrari, but still. They've come a long way when they announced the adventure in the first place.

Aiii

So not worth it
Thanks to dumb testing regulations, these are the drivers that get to try the 2016 cars for the first time today:
Mercedes AMG Petronas: Lewis Hamilton
Red Bull Racing-Tag Heuer: Daniel Ricciardo
Williams Martini Racing: Valtteri Bottas
Scuderia Ferrari: Sebastian Vettel
McLaren-Honda: Jenson Button
Sahara Force India: Alfonso Celis Jr.
Scuderia Toro Rosso: Carlos Sainz Jr.
Renault Sport F1: Jolyon Palmer
Sauber F1 Team: Marcus Ericsson
Haas F1 Team: Romain Grosjean
Manor: Pascal Wehrlein

Only Force India wasting a day on a paydriver.

Hackbert

good morning f1 folks.. still not sure if i will enjoy this season more or less than the last one. lost interest around autumn. but f1 on sunday is kind of a staple thing in my life since being a kid ^^. sooo good thing, the testing begins, as short as it is. will be follow everything, cause luckily i am on a one week seminar.

92007e13-2776-4a23-b68c-2acb7b6300dc_800.jpg

Mercedes in daylight

Staab

I'm so hyped that testing has begun :D

Renault looks really slick and apparently the engine sounds much better.
Noise improvement for engines is in the 12% range compared to last year, according to Pat Symonds.
Moving in the right direction !

Manor livery should be nice, snapshot of the FW (I really like the orange/blue) :
89d2330a-84b9-4d5d-9709-361610a77d94_800.jpg

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
The Ferrari sure looks radical, but the new Mercedes just looks, I dunno, "purposeful?" by comparison. It just looks sort of complete to me, no quirks.

No idea which way it will swing this year.

Aiii

So not worth it
To be fair to McLaren, it is fairly standard practice for the first test of a new car to start with an installation lap and afterwards a thorough check. If they havent driven again by 1PM is when we can start laughing at them.

Aiii

So not worth it
They have auto-Haas'd Haas.

Red, white and blue, beautiful.

And a black ass, because 'Murica.

Design wise it looks like it's a 2-year-old chassis though, not expecting them to be ahead of anyone this year.

Zeknurn

They have auto-Haas'd Haas.

Red, white and blue, beautiful.

And a black ass, because 'Murica.

Design wise it looks like it's a 2-year-old chassis though, not expecting them to be ahead of anyone this year.

I like to believe that the power unit alone will put them ahead of the tag heuer, renault and honda powered teams.

Top Bottom