• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Fruit Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desperado

No...this is not about fruity people, i.e. Richard Simmons. =P

Fruit=my favorite snack.

What are your favorite fruits?

Mine:

blueberries.jpg

Blueberries. GREAT with cereal.

strawberries.jpg

Strawberries. Sweet is a must, I hate it when they're sour.

oranges.jpg

Oranges. Also tangerines, etc.

watermelons.jpg

Watermelons. They have to be just right, though, too watery=yuck.

cantaloupe.jpg

Cantaloupes. Yum!

pineapple.jpg

How could I forget pineapples? Pineapple juice=godly

mangoes.jpg

MMMangos...orgasmic. My absolute fave.

Joe

KRAMER: Well, they're in...

JERRY: What's in?

KRAMER: The MACANAW PEACHES ,Jerry , the MACANAW PEACHES!!!!

JERRY: Aaah .. right. The ones from Oregon that are only ripe for two weeks a year..

KRAMER: Yeah Yeah I split a case with Newman..I waited all year for this.. Oooh this is fantastic.. Makes your taste buds come alive....It's like having a circus in your mouth.....Take a taste

JERRY: Nah, I don't wanna

KRAMER: Come on ,Just take a taste

JERRY: I don't want it..

KRAMER: Come on JUST TASTE!!!

JERRY: I DON'T WANT IT ....

KRAMER: HE..YA. AYA. AYYYYYAAAAA!!!!

human5892

Queen of Denmark
I'm a huge fan of fruit -- we have it in the apartment 24/7 in place of stuff like cookies and baked goods.

Favorites? I like pretty much all fruit, but in particular: anything of the "-berry" variety (straw, blue, rasp) and pears.

Belfast

Blueberries are pretty good, but too small for me to eat often on their own.

Strawberries are where its at, though. Big enough to be snackable AND go great with other foods.

Oranges/tangerines/etc. are golden, but I've had to cut back on them lately because of the citric acid.

Bananas are alright. Sometimes I feel like eating one and other times I don't.

Plums are good, but I only really like the soft, sweet kind.

Watermelon kicks ass if its crisp.

Kiwis are a nice treat once in awhile, but I don't have them very often.

Grapes are good if they're nice and crisp, too. I hate them when they get soft and mushy.

XS+

Banned
Strawberries
Bananas
Pears
White Peaches
Honeydew Melon

My breakfast usually includes some/all the above listed fruits, mixed together in a bowl. Yummers.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
XS+ said:
My breakfast usually includes some/all the above listed fruits, mixed together in a bowl. Yummers.
Mmmm. Nothing beats a whole bunch of fruit mixed together.

I also enjoy strawberries and/or blueberries in a medium amount of milk (not enough to make the blueberries float or anything...just enough to last you until the last spoonful of fruit) with a bit of sugar. Awesome.

Bananas: god they are good

Grapes: the popcorn of the fruit world

Watermelons: Especially the new mini watermelons that are about the size of a honeydew. They are magnificent.

Mango: who can hate mangos? Not me, thats for damn sure.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Kiwis are the god of all fruit. That is fact. It's almost like candy that grows out of the ground!

human5892

Queen of Denmark
demon said:
Kiwis are the god of all fruit. That is fact. It's almost like candy that grows out of the ground!
Oh fuck, I forgot about kiwis! That is some god damned good fruit right there.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Where's the Blackberry love?

Blackberry Cobbler with Vanilla Ice Cream is what Jesus eats.

Edit: Ramirez is now my favorite poster.

There's been a big lack of cherries in this thread. Cherries are delicious. I'm also a fan of grapes, pears and bananas.

Blueberries are okay. But when mixed with waffles, it's the greatest fruit in the world. It's like an orgasmic pancake, but with little squares for your syrup and butter. Oh God, blueberry waffles are great.

God damn it, I forgot pears, delcious, scrumptious pears.

And apples, I also forgot apples. I love a good apple everyonce in a while. I like em nice and crisp.

pops619

Strawberries and nectarines are tops. But I like bananas, grapes, watermelon, and peaches as well. One fruit I don't much like is the orange. It's like dry and moist at the same time. The texture is a big turn off for me.

Desperado

Litigation Manuel said:
There's been a big lack of cherries in this thread. Cherries are delicious. I'm also a fan of grapes, pears and bananas.

Blueberries are okay. But when mixed with waffles, it's the greatest fruit in the world. It's like an orgasmic pancake, but with little squares for your syrup and butter. Oh God, blueberry waffles are great.

OMG CHERRIES. how did I forget??

mmm...

Bing_cherries.jpg

sasimirobot

Cherries are fantastic. I also really like grapes and all sorts of berries. I haven't met a fruit I didn't like (yet).

have you tried a skunky/fresh durian yet?

Kruza

demon said:

LMGDAO! I don't think Desperado meant "fruity," though.

And all that fruit he posted does look delicious too. Especially those cherries. Damn I'm hungry.

Kruza

3phemeral

Saint Cornelius said:
3pheMeraLmiX, what does that taste like? I see that at my local Farmers Market all the time but I'm too scared to try it.

It's the fruit of the gods as far as I'm concerned.. I really can't describe how it tastes... which is part of the reason why I like it so much. It has this kind of gelatinous sort of texture to it, sweet, but not candy sweet.. very subtle and mild... can't really say. Perhaps you should try it? I've only had it once in my life so I can't really compare it to anything else. I haven't seen them in the market, so I haven't been able to buy one. ooo I'm craving star fruit right now.. oooooooh! :)

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I don't eat much fruit, but I really like watermelon, oranges and sometimes bananas.

And speaking of berries, one of my absolute favorites is small strawberries. I've checked with a dictionary, but I can't find any specific term for this berry other than "small strawberries". It's called "smultron" in Sweden. Even though it looks like really small strawberries, its taste is very different. A lot more fresh, like a combination of strawberries and elderberries. I love it. Grows in shadowy places, can usually be found in gardens here in Sweden (more correctly, the plants pop up where they want to), but also in forests.

Here's a pic:

smultron.jpg

Shinji said:
durian.jpg

jackfruit.jpg

mangoustan.jpg

And pretty much everything on this page

MANGOSTEEN YUM!

Kiriku said:
I don't eat much fruit, but I really like watermelon, oranges and sometimes bananas.

And speaking of berries, one of my absolute favorites is small strawberries. I've checked with a dictionary, but I can't find any specific term for this berry other than "small strawberries". It's called "smultron" in Sweden. Even though it looks like really small strawberries, its taste is very different. A lot more fresh, like a combination of strawberries and elderberries. I love it. Grows in shadowy places, can usually be found in gardens here in Sweden (more correctly, the plants pop up where they want to), but also in forests.

Here's a pic:

smultron.jpg

Alpine strawberries?

XS+

Banned
I love fruit but I hate skin. Grapes, apples, pears, plums cherries etc. are great long as the skin is removed somehow. I don't care about health or more nutrients or all that crap, the skin's gotta go.

3phemeral

Kiriku said:

Here's a pic:

smultron.jpg

It looks like a wild strawberry to me -- or Fragaria virginiana. Not entirely sure, though... wild strawberries have the same leaf shape and flowers as the picture you have, but the indnetations seem to be more distinguished in your picture, I assume because it's a healthier plant.

fragaria_virginiana.jpg

strawberrymd9674.jpg

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
3pheMeraLmiX said:
It look slike a wild strawberry to me -- or Fragaria virginiana. Not entirely sure, though... wild strawberries ahve the same leaf shape and flowes as the picture you have, but the indnetations seem to be more distinguished in your picture, I assume because it's a healthier plant.

Yeah, it's probably Wild Strawberries, belonging to the Fragaria family.

sasimirobot

Those nerdy japanese peel grapes. WTF?

Also if you cant peel an orange without breaking the skin more than once you look like a slob.

I can eat the skin on a mango if I had to. Its all food to me.

Oh yes, I forgot about one of my favourites: clementines. These things are the best. Too bad you can only get them (or at least good ones) during the winter.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
sasimirobot said:
I can eat the skin on a mango if I had to. Its all food to me.

I have to peel mangos cause I'm allergic to the skin. Even then I have to be careful to eat the flesh without it contacting my outer lips. Even still I have to take an anti-hystamine immediately after consumption. And Mangos are my favorite fruit.

thomaser

I gave a rambutan to a woman I work with once. She let out a horrified scream and ran for it. Probably thought it was a big, hairy spider :)

rambutan.jpg

sasimirobot said:
rambutan.jpg

The best fruit of all time. Easy to eat, sweet, cheap, reminds me of something else in this country...

How do you stop the skin of the pit from sticking on the meat? It's like impossible to get rid of that thing brown layer that sometimes sticks there....

etiolate

Banned
A nice soft asian pear is my favorite.

Other faves: Blackberries, cranberries and honeydew melon.

Cranebrreis by themselves don't rock so hard, but cranberry juice and relish is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom