• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumei

lol we just add things to their names. For instance Britney fans calling her Godney, or people calling Beyonce: BeYawnce

lol

I'm not completely uninitiated to the nicknaming tendencies, but I get nicknames like Kleptonce or Godney or Rihsus or whatever; I just didn't know if the -sa referred to anything or if it was just a cutesy diminutive.

Thanks, though~

Kyon

Banned
Speaking of Thiefoncé the android amazon empress of lost wigs strikes again with her new cheap $2 Sasha Fierce take out.

This time stealing the Slave 4 U choreo SMH

tumblr_lvcq6vKfU81qa9vqgo1_500.gif

Zutroy

Anyone listened to the new Saturdays' album? Faster is excellent!

Is that a no GAF? Or just that nobody cares? Because on first listen through I thought it was a good album. A few more times through and I think it's excellent! Like, really good. There's some really amazing songs on it!

Oh, Bey...

She even copies (and paste) her own fans.

nV55u.jpg

LOL, wat! Why?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Seeing her next fucking sunday. I CANNOT WAIT. OMG.

Huge jelly. She's playing as part of some radio station mini-fest here in a couple of weeks, but tickets were sold out before I even knew about the show and they're way out of my price range on Stubhub now. I'll just wait until spring/summer when she's actually on a full tour, and hopefully by then I can gets tickets for me and the Canadian boy when there's a stop in Seattle or Vancouver.

Sai-kun

Banned
Huge jelly. She's playing as part of some radio station mini-fest here in a couple of weeks, but tickets were sold out before I even knew about the show and they're way out of my price range on Stubhub now. I'll just wait until spring/summer when she's actually on a full tour, and hopefully by then I can gets tickets for me and the Canadian boy when there's a stop in Seattle or Vancouver.

Eeeee that's adorable :D I wish my bf liked concerts...or the music I listened to :(

DMeisterJ

Banned
Grammy noms were tonight, and some of your faves may have unfortunately been shaded. Not Rihanna, she's up for three including Album of the Year for Loud, and for Best Rap/Song for What's my Name, but a certain pop 'queen' could only muster one nomination for one song on her album. I mean, I guess it shouldn't be too surprising considering that she has yielded 0 top-10 hits from said album, but when she can only muster the same amount of nominations as former band mate Kelly Rowland, I can only feel sorrow for her.

Maybe next time B.

Koodo

Banned
The Grammy Nomination Concert.

Also, the Banned One and Divariah Carey released the video for their sinful duet. Product placements galore.

Good point lol So would the stan like to explain Beyaka's lackluster and extremely disastrous era?

Hasn't '4' sold as many copies (or more) than Femme Fatale has worldwide, even though it came out later? I think the October 2011 tally was about the same. Doesn't sound very disastrous, considering she hardly promoted it. Unless we just have lower standards for miss Britney. ;)

Kyon

Banned
Hasn't '4' sold as many copies (or more) than Femme Fatale has worldwide, even though it came out later? I think the October 2011 tally was about the same. Doesn't sound very disastrous, considering she hardly promoted it. Unless we just have lower standards for miss Britney. ;)
lol hm you have a point sis :p still she hasn't charted a single hit this era RTW was flawless imo

lol hm you have a point sis :p still she hasn't charted a single hit this era RTW was flawless imo

I think '4' will end up becoming what 'Blackout' is for Britney fans, coz it's definitely my favorite Beyonce album. It's ironic to say, because both B'Day and Sasha Fierce have some of my favorite pop songs, but as one cohesive package '4' is just more nuanced, mature and authentic. All the songs have a similar sound, and I fucking love trumpets. Also, best album cover ever.

cory.

Banned

"As of November 2011, 4 has sold 921,400 copies in the United States."

I have no idea what went on with the promotion for the singles, "Countdown" and "Love on Top" should be huge right now.

She didn't approach the marketing like she was trying to maximize single sales; she rushed RTW to radio, then like two weeks later released BTINH and 1+1, and people were just confused about what exactly she was promoting. I think she released 1+1 on iTunes then a week later announced BTINH as the second single and I remember scratching my head at that. Not to mention she then performed 'Love on Top' at the VMAs, then released a video for Countdown, then a random-ass video for 'Dance For You.' And now the new single is 'Party'? It seems that she's less inclined to give each single breathing room and more interested in getting people to buy the entire album. It's a refreshing approach because of how singles-obsessed the industry is now but obviously its shown how important singles are to stay relevant.

Kyon

Banned
She is trying to do the Anthology concept again but she started too damn early. Yeah execution has been sloppy. We should also take note her dad isn't around anymore to take care of everything anymore.

Switters

This thread rules, but I can't read all of it. Can I get a breakdown of the lingo that's being slang about?

Also, +1 for the first 4 songs on Ellie Goulding's lights. The rest is shit. +1 for Robyn. +1 for Perfume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom