• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory.

Banned
Koodo said:
New York Times said:
Kemosabe will become Sony’s fourth label division, with Dr. Luke reporting directly to Mr. Morris. The label is expected to become operational in January, and Dr. Luke will have free rein to hire staff members and sign artists. One trade-off: because he can now produce only Sony artists, Dr. Luke will not be able to work with Ms. Perry, who records for EMI.
Rest of article

The Billboard Hot 100 has a message to K Perry:

http://i39.tinypic.com/de06z8.jpg
oh darn

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I hope your faves are ready

tumblr_luhcxzuFZm1qfj9v7o1_500.png

cory.

Banned
Koodo said:
lmao at Perry narrowly escaping her death sentence.
Nope, Sony is only getting the music publishing side, UMG is getting the recording side (with Perry)
Hopefully they stockpiled a single or two.

Kyon

Banned
Marius_ said:
Its alright but a bit forgettable

Gurl, your fave first has to first prove that she can get a #1 album
And Gags should learn to get one without making it $0.99 :p

But seriously Koodo, sis the Femme Fatale thread is so dead and the damn Blu Ray is coming T___T inthezone you too gurl. Where is everybody?

Kyon

Banned
By Billboard staff

Billboard said:
Unit sales for Albums priced below $3.49 during their first four weeks of release will not be eligible for inclusion on the Billboard album charts and will not count towards sales data presented by Nielsen SoundScan.

*The rule also applies to reissued titles.
*New Holiday/Seasonal titles must meet the minimum threshold through the final week of the calendar year.
*Unit sales for albums or EPs with 8 or less tracks will not be eligible for charting if the retail price is less than the sum of the tracks on the release, multiplied by $0.39.
*Minimum pricing for a multi-disc album (not a single disc with extra tracks), where the extra disc is audio content, will be $3.49 times the amount of discs being made available.
*For digital-only deluxe editions, any extra content exceeding nine tracks would be considered the equivalent of an extra disc. Each additional 10 tracks thereafter would be the equivalent of an additional disc.

Unit sales for Digital Tracks priced below $0.39 during their first three months of release will not be eligible for inclusion on Billboard's digital songs charts.

If a retailer offering a title for less than the above stated prices is a daily reporter to Nielsen SoundScan, units will be removed for charting purposes solely for the dates in which the title was priced less than the minimum.
*If a title was priced under the minimum during a portion of the day, all sales for that title on that day will not count towards the Billboard charts unless accurate transaction data for that title during the specific sales hours can be provided to Nielsen SoundScan for verification.

If a retailer offering a title for less than the above stated prices is a weekly reporter to Nielsen SoundScan, all units for that title sold by the retailer in the week will be removed for charting purposes unless accurate transaction data for that title on the sale date(s) can be provided to Nielsen SoundScan for verification .

Please note that the minimum pricing rule would not apply to any store-wide music liquidation sales.

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry/record-labels/billboard-pricing-policy-effective-november-1005528902.story

I see you Gaga
iggling44q.gif

Do you have a link or something to the info? I've been googling around for like two days and come up empty.

Well according to a post she made on Twitter a few days ago she's working on one:

"Working on my new ep at the moment!!!"

I know she's also been working with a few German and Norwegian techno guys. The only one I know of for sure at the moment is Norwegian wunderkind Skatebård - yes, which is pronounced like "skateboard" - which should make for a very interesting few songs.

Annie's coming out with a new EP soon. :D
Why is one of the best songs... OF ALL TIME.

kojOC.jpg

I hope y'all are readying your end-of-year favorites list. I don't wanna look like a damn fool posting it in November but I'm not really anticipating anything for the rest of the year.

Isn't Robyn Katy's opening act on her tour? My friend went to her show just to see Robyn. Also, I was thinking of going to Bruno Mars' concert to see Janelle Monae.

Koodo

Banned
The OP is a mess right now with the banning of tinypic. I'll fix it later this week after I find a new host and move all the important stuff over (lawd, the gifs will take forever).

cory.

Banned
"Take Care" debuted at #9 and it's not even a proper single yet, so Rihanna could easily have her twelfth #1 soon. You Da One reached #14.
"The One That Got Away" is the sixth top 10 song from Teenage Dream; only Thriller, Born in the USA, and Rhythm Nation 1814 had more. Though the album has sold less than 2 million copies, the first five singles have sold a combined 21+ million copies in the US.

The completely flawless Kelly Clarkson Troubadour concert is up on Youtube. Although it's not completely flawless because What Doesn't Kill You, I Know You Won't, and You Love Me are inexplicably absent. This stan would like to highlight this rendition of "sober" which begins at 12:25.

"Take Care" debuted at #9 and it's not even a proper single yet, so Rihanna could easily have her twelfth #1 soon. You Da One reached #14.
"The One That Got Away" is the sixth top 10 song from Teenage Dream; only Thriller, Born in the USA, and Rhythm Nation 1814 had more. Though the album has sold less than 2 million copies, the first five singles have sold a combined 21+ million copies in the US.
What the what. Certainly there has to be a point where Americans choose to buy the album instead of buying 6 $1.30 songs?!

cory.

Banned
What the what. Certainly there has to be a point where Americans choose to buy the album instead of buying 6 $1.30 songs?!
I guess not.

Loud:
Album - 1.5 million
First 3 singles - 9+ million (couldn't find any info after S&M)
Album/Single revenue quotient (Using $10 album/$1.30 song) - 1.28

21:
Album - 4.4+ million
First 2 singles - 8.3+ million
Quotient - 4.08

Femme Fatale:
Album - 1 million
First 3 singles - 4.5+ million
Quotient - 1.71

Born This Way:
Album - 1.9 million
First 4 singles - 7.1+ million
Quotient - 2.06

Teenage Dream quotient: .69

(US sales)

So for the current cycle (mid 2010-present):
Gaga - Touring
Adele - Albums
Katy - Singles
Rihanna - YouTube (and that's without her featured appearances)

Koodo

Banned
Kellysa's live vocals always amaze me. They sound identical or better than the studio vocals.

That attire though...

IN OTHER NEWS, Rihonda is expected to land yet another #3 debut with Talk That Talk, at around 200k units sold. Her Billboard 200 performance continues being a complete opposite of what she does in the Billboard 100.

Kyon

Banned
Oh, I know it was referring to Kelly; I didn't understand how that specific nickname came about.
lol we just add things to their names. For instance Britney fans calling her Godney, or people calling Beyonce: BeYawnce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom