• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
This thread rules, but I can't read all of it. Can I get a breakdown of the lingo that's being slang about?

Also, +1 for the first 4 songs on Ellie Goulding's lights. The rest is shit. +1 for Robyn. +1 for Perfume.
Your encyclopedia.

And you don't really need to use gifs. A lot of us just happen to have an affinity for gifs~

cory.

Banned
This is the closest thing to an Annie gif I could find:
nhGRz.jpg

Mau ®

Gwarls dont forget to pay respect to the HOLY GODDESS OF POP Britney Spears, as today she turns 30.

ea540__13zb8s4.gif

Pop music would not be the same without her
brit11.gif

What do you mean 240p isn't HD? Isn't that what the p stands for?

Nope, the "p" stands for progressive scan; HD content is generally 720p or higher (1080p is also common).

But anyways, I found an HD version of Heartbeat on YouTube, so I gave Annie some more GIF love:

OLyHc.gif

zL89N.gif

<3 her. She can't get enough love in this thread, as far as I'm concerned.

1. Britney Spears- Femme Fatale
Till the World Ends
How I Roll
Trip to Your Heart

2. Florence + the Machine- Ceremonials
Shake it Out
What the Water Gave Me
Never Let Me Go

3. Kelly Clarkson- Stronger
What Doesn't Kill You
Dark Side
Honestly

4. Lady Gaga- Born this Way
Marry the Night
Scheiße
Heavy Metal Lover

5. M83- Hurry Up, We're Dreaming
Midnight City
Wait (my apologies for this link hehehhe)
Steve McQueen (and this too)

6. Lykke Li- Wounded Rhymes
I Follow Rivers
Love Out of Lust
Get Some

7. Foster the People- Torches
Helena Beat
Pumped Up Kicks
Houdini

8. Adele- 21
Rolling in the Deep
Turning Tables
Set Fire to the Rain

9. Coldplay- Mylo Xyloto
Paradise
Charlie Brown
Major Minus

10. Beyonce- 4
I Was Here
Countdown
Run the World (Girls)

cory.

Banned
Do your faves have an exhibition in Berlin based on their new song/EP?

4Zfld.jpg

Single 'The Night Within Us!' should be out soon (or not, who knows), EP 'The Night Within' in early 2012.

ibdgAOwlTD2jri.gif

Kyon

Banned
Do none of you heauxes have XBL/PSN Tags? I need stan friends in my gaming life tbh :<

Both My XBL/PSN are: Kyo899

add me gurls :)

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
So Madonna is doing the Superbowl halftime show this year. Oof. I can fantasize about her doing a 15-minute medley of '80s hits, but we all know this is going to end up being a painfully bad mess.

Koodo

Banned
It's probably going to be such a disaster if she performs that Avril Lavigne thing that leaked.

Honestly, that song murdered the hype I had for her album, and I had a lot of hype.

Sai-kun

Banned
K, so I saw Florence tonight, who is a magical goddess the likes of which will never be matched by any of the failures in this thread.

The venue was the Chicago theater, which is really nice and shit, but very formal, so it was kinda awkward to stand and dance at first. She opened with Only If For a Night, What the Water Gave Me, and Shake It Out.

NOBODY WAS DANCING THOUGH. WHAT THE FUCK. So I got up to dance to a super nice acoustic version of Lover to Lover, cuz that's my jam, and this bitch a couple rows behind me says "hey sit down!" and I just gave her a dirty look and kept dancing. Fuck her.

After that, they played Dog Days and Florence asked everyone to stand and dance, and everyone did for the rest of the show. I hope that girl had the worst night of her life, DANCING AND HAVING FUN LISTENING TO GREAT LIVE MUSIC AT A CONCERT.

So then I moved up to the middle aisle in the front, and danced more, and it was amazing, and Flo totally looked at me and smiled, and then I ended up getting a drumstick :D So now I have a pair! One from Ellie, and one from Flo. The setlist was good, but a bit short. They only played 3 songs off Lungs, and didn't even play Strangeness & Charm. WTF again.

So, aside from the odd beginning, it was a kickass concert. She is gorgeous and has an amazing voice and I love her.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I want to hang out with Sai.

First single from Lana Del Rey's debut album out in January. Yes, she's a 100% manufactured indie-pop songstress, but at least the music is nice.

cory.

Banned
Ooh, I was just wondering when she would return. I'll have to put on antibacterial headphones and give it a listen when I get home.

K, so I saw Florence tonight, who is a magical goddess the likes of which will never be matched by any of the failures in this thread.

The venue was the Chicago theater, which is really nice and shit, but very formal, so it was kinda awkward to stand and dance at first. She opened with Only If For a Night, What the Water Gave Me, and Shake It Out.

NOBODY WAS DANCING THOUGH. WHAT THE FUCK. So I got up to dance to a super nice acoustic version of Lover to Lover, cuz that's my jam, and this bitch a couple rows behind me says "hey sit down!" and I just gave her a dirty look and kept dancing. Fuck her.

After that, they played Dog Days and Florence asked everyone to stand and dance, and everyone did for the rest of the show. I hope that girl had the worst night of her life, DANCING AND HAVING FUN LISTENING TO GREAT LIVE MUSIC AT A CONCERT.

So then I moved up to the middle aisle in the front, and danced more, and it was amazing, and Flo totally looked at me and smiled, and then I ended up getting a drumstick :D So now I have a pair! One from Ellie, and one from Flo. The setlist was good, but a bit short. They only played 3 songs off Lungs, and didn't even play Strangeness & Charm. WTF again.

So, aside from the odd beginning, it was a kickass concert. She is gorgeous and has an amazing voice and I love her.
D:

I can't fathom people remaining seated during Shake It Out! Good to hear it was a kickass concert tho

Zutroy

Dunno if many that enter this thread are from the UK, but I managed to track down the song that's been playing in the recent emmerdale adverts.

It's a cover of Isaak's Wicked Game, which I really like so I thought I'd share.

Link

Kyon

Banned
GodGa said:
Lady Gaga says Britney Spears inspired her to play the hits

Lady Gaga always gives her Little Monsters what they want - thanks to Britney Spears! Mother Monster told Ryan Seacrest that being at Britney's concert (and jonesing to sing along to 'Baby One More Time') inspired her to always perform her biggest hits at her shows.
She says, "Man, I would be so mad if I went to see my favorite pop singer, and they didn’t play all the big hits. When I went to see Britney, I just remember thinking in that moment, 'If I feel this way, I bet the audience feels this way.'"
http://www.z100.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=104650&article=9477141#ixzz1fmUBFmYC

YAS BITCH YOU BETTER BOW TO YOUR #1 FAVE/Queen LIKE OLD TIMES <33333

BOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

gagabowtogodneymutw.gif

Janelle Monae to release TWO albums + Tour in 2012

Janelle Monae returned to her hometown of Kansas City, Kan., on Friday to visit her family and to appear with Kansas City Mayor Sly James at the Mayor's Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony at Crown Center on Friday night. Before a pre-ceremony reception in the American Restaurant, she met with members of the local media. Here's what she had to say during our brief interview:

Word is you're working on the next record. What can you say about it?

I am happy to be here and see my family, and I am eager to get back to the studio and work on finishing my album. I stopped touring so I could finish the album. Actually, I plan on releasing two albums next year.

Any idea when?

I will release them according to my soul clock; so I reserve the right to change that. But I will try to stick to the scheduled release dates, which I know but can't say. I will be thinking about Kansas City and all the people here who have supported me as I continue to write songs that empower, encourage and make you dance.

Will these new records build on the themes you established in your first two recordings?

Again, that's all according to my soul clock. Right now all I can say is, the music comes from the space I'm in.

How far along are you in your writing?

I would say 84.799 percent of the writing is done.

Will you tour next year?

Oh, absolutely. We already have a tour set, but it hasn't been announced yet. I'll be with some really big artists. We'll hit the Staples Center three nights in a row in L.A. It's a really big band. I can't say who it is. I think next week you should probably hear something.

You've performed in this area three times as an opening act: with Of Montreal in Lawrence; with Bruno Mars in Independence; and with Katy Perry at the Sprint Center. Will you headline a show in Kansas City next year?

Absolutely. Everything is about timing. This year was about the beginning of my career and working with established artists. Next year, we'll step it up a little more.

P.S.: Monae has one more live show on her schedule this year, and it will be under some bright lights. She will be in Oslo, Norway, on Dec. 11, joining Jill Scott, Sugarland, Ellie Goulding, David Gray and others in the Nobel Peace Prize Concert.
The concert is a tribute to this year's winners, three women honored for their nonviolent campaigns for women's safety and women's rights: Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Leymah Gbowee of Libya and Tawakkol Karman of Yemen.
Source

Oh my god, YES. I need Suite IV in my life, like, yesterday.

tumblr_liqhbyBg0I1qa5tz4.gif

Made a thread for the holy news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom