• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumei

If Janet is UTTERLY IRRELEVANT, despite spending more weeks at number 1 than Madonna (33....Madonna is nowhere to be found on the chart)

Madonna has 32 weeks.

Rihanna has 42 weeks at number one. Just throwing that out there to depress everyone.

Janice's last Top 10 single was in 2001.

iblrn7zEavqqJ9.gif

Majmun

Did you just call me a XLtina stan??

Hchz3.gif

I appreciate her voice at times, but I'm not a stan of hers. But yeah, I'd rather stan for Xtina than for Hagdonna.

ilKo0FTJCVtyN.gif

^Geraldine Estelle Halliwell!

Did you just call me a XLtina stan??

Hchz3.gif

I appreciate her voice at times, but I'm not a stan of hers. But yeah, I'd rather stan for Xtina than for Hagdonna.

ilKo0FTJCVtyN.gif

A tale of two entrances...

xtina-aguilera-spinning-voice-chair.gif

iQ7OIGVrqqoRp.gif

A TALE of TWO CAREERS.

I seem to recall you WITTERING ON about being a BALDNEY and XTINCTA stan recently.

Majmun

My stanning can be all over the place, that's true.

Xtina and Britney are on my OK List. But you'll never see me stanning for Hagdonna.

KoKPl.gif

GSQW3.gif

tCfyg.jpg

That kiss probably killed both Britney's and Xtina's career. Hagdonna is just so vile.

tumblr_lwkil72m8H1r1es2lo1_1280.jpg

How is it that stans of HAVE BEENS have the GALL to even come at the QUEEN OF LYFE™? Such utter NONSENSE.

Crawl back to the CRETACEOUS CAVE from whence your faves had the good sense of staying in. Madge stans have more pressing matters to attend to. ie. Working on the OT for the TOUR THAT YOUR FAVES WOULD NEVER HAVE A GLIMMER OF HOPE OF EVEN ATTEMPTING.

AIN'T THAT RIGHT, JANET?

Untitled115-vi.gif

Nemesis_

I'm glad SOMEONE is working on that tour thread because....

Oh wait, are YOU making it OR NOT?

Do....do I have to make it? Because I made the MDOA OT?

6eI6R.gif

Time to start work on the BTWB and MDNA tour threads then ;_;

I'd like to go to a Madonna tour. But only if she'd sings songs from the 80's and 90's era.

Otherwise

iKQLxgmNmyHmz.gif

One of my friends manages music at a store here, and has to go to the concert apparently (even though they've beent old explicitly NOT to play MDNA in stores) so I might go if she gets free tickets. I cannot justify her BLOATED ticket prices at the moment but who knows, maybe I'll be cashed up whenever she announces Australia and we'll go TOGETHER

EDIT: Hmm, Wikipedia has a set list up - is that official?

If so..... >______________________>

Majmun

The Red Hot Chili Peppers concert in Ahoy, Rotterdam, is the last concert I've been to. And that was in oktober 16th, 2011.

I'd like to go to a Beyonce concert. And Janelle too.

Not really interested in the other diva concerts. Britney's and Madonna's concerts are a joke. I'd rather go visit a circus.

Nemesis_

I'm starting preliminaries on the OT, you're welcome to help
lakitu.gif

What would you need exactly? I'm not very good AT MUCH AT ALL and there's not much content we can put in besides SET LIST, TOUR DATES, MEDIA (maybe), REVIEWS or something. I could make graphics in similar style to the ones I did for the MDOA OT but not sure if that's what you're after. Let me know anyway, always keen to prove I'm not a BLIND GAGA STAN and also HELP FELLOW POP FANS out too.

feLg2.gif

I vote we continue with the OYSTER theme and talk about SEAFOOD PLATTERS instead.

I wouldn't put Britney and Madonna's concerts in the same category. >_>

Majmun

I'd say both Britney's and Madonna's concerts are more about style than substance. 95863 garderobe changes, 8678593 background dancers, 5683 stage changes and a playbackshow.

That's why I'd rather go see Beyonce or Janelle. Superior performers and singers. That's a true concert IMO.

Britney's concerts are the worst, though. Poor girl never sings live, and her perfomances have been shitty after het meltdown. She always hides behind a dozen backround dancers.

Delio

I'd say both Britney's and Madonna's concerts are more about style than substance. 95863 garderobe changes, 8678593 background dancers, 5683 stage changes and a playbackshow.

That's why I'd rather go see Beyonce or Janelle. Superior performers and singers. That's a true concert IMO.

I dunno. If im going to a concert I expect a show as well as the music. I dont mind the style.

Nemesis_

I dunno. If im going to a concert I expect a show as well as the music. I dont mind the style.

I always want more than music. If I wanted music I could just listen to the CD. That's my thoughts, at least. I love a good show, this is why I like Gaga and am interesting in going to the MDNA tour (shit music or not)

That being said, if a certain artist doesn't pride themselves on their performances or theatricality, I would not expect it. For example I would not go to an ADELE CONCERT and expect to see what we saw during the Hag's half time show.

I'm actually bitter I missed out on tickets to Janelle who's playing in Sydney sometime soon apparently. Depressing. I wish POP GAF SHOWED ME THE LIGHT SOONER.

To each their own, I guess. If I go to a concert, the artist has to sing live. Otherwise

iKQLxgmNmyHmz.gif

Yeah, this is fair too.

Majmun

Don't know if it's a good idea to go to a Janelle concert. I'd probably drop dead during her first performance.

Her live shows look ridiculous, in a very good way.

Buying a ticket on day 1 if she goes on tour in Holland, Belgium, Germany or France. I'd even go to a Madonna concert if Janelle opens the show.

And then immediately run out of the stadium before Hagdonna enters the stage.

CftQQ.gif

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Even if I cashed out my Madonna fandom in the Augties, I still get physically aroused when Phono defends the Queen's honor.

cdsD7.gif

Yeah, for pop stars, I couldn't care less about them singing live or not tbh. I want good songs and I want a goddamn spectacle in my face.

One of my friends randomly saw Britney last summer (she's not really a fan but had the chance to get cheap tickets) and said from an entertainment perspective, it was the most fun they'd ever had at a show. That's what a pop concert needs to be striving for, basically.

That being said, if a certain artist doesn't pride themselves on their performances or theatricality, I would not expect it. For example I would not go to an ADELE CONCERT and expect to see what we saw during the Hag's half time show.

Agreed. This is also why I couldn't bring myself to spend the money on seeing Adele or Tori Amos when they were in town. Almost $100 to someone sit on a stool for two hours? Sorry, I'll rent the DVD.

royalan

You know, for someone who's allegedly irrelevant, I sure do love that Queen Xtina gets mentioned in this thread more than any other artist.

Single hasn't dropped yet.

The Voice is over for the season.

No recent performances.

No new interviews.

Yet she gets talked about more the Madonna, Janet, Britney, Adele, Mariah, Marina, etc. Got mentioned in this latest round of History Channel Presents: The Beef Your Grandmother Ate and nobody participating even stans for her.

I marvel at my Queen's ability to keep her name in everyone's mouths - obsessed, pressed, distressed, Burlesqued.

My so-called "irrelevant" Queen has the entire pop scene waiting with bated breath. Whether to love it or hate on it, there is no music more anticipated coming out this year.

So y'all keep doing her a favor and keeping her relevant with your hate. My fave is Green - using your pressed heat to keep her house warm.

Doa8N.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I want to go too, scissor sis. So jealous right now.

il7z42k75VpUJ.gif

I wanted to see Robyn but no-one would go with me because they didn't want to risk missing the beginning of Beyoncé which was a bit lame but I saw her later in the year instead and it was
tumblr_lmtlngqn1h1qdez8lq2.gif

botty

Banned
Don't understand the crossfire xtina shade, but it's what I have come to expect from Vadge stans...

Madonna is vocally unimpressive.

tumblr_m24qo61dDz1rnpgtv.gif

Madonna's acting is subpar at best.

tumblr_m0ae1hUetM1qd5druo1_500.gif

Madonna's choreo is vastly superior to her vocal prowess, but that isn't saying much.

ibhZdwNLtZbmn.gif

Madonna has been in the industry longer than the rest, yet has less #1 hits than people who came after her.

tumblr_lfm8mb9gyr1qfzf2to1_400.gif

And after all, why do we even need Madonna when a superior version of her has taken the world by storm.

tumblr_m3bnj0thNH1rnywbmo1_500.gif

Trigger

My goodness. I wake up this morning and come to POP-GAF only to be greeted by the marvelous smell of tea.

MScS7.gif

I just wish I was here to mock Katy and Justin for their EMBARRASSING performances this weekend. How far POP has fallen.

ZisZe.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Taking whole career into account, of course not. Not even a contest. But 2012 Gaga vs. 2012 Madonna? Give me Gaga any day.

Majmun

Just like I said before: Madonna's expiry date ended somewhere around 2001. She's been a rotten hag ever since.

She went out with a bang, though. Ray of Light was amazing.

And no, COADF wasn't good. So don't come at me with that shit

jPJJC.gif

Majmun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afWYKh32vxg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDeiovnCv1o&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqIIW7nxBgc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPHUZenprKc&ob=av2e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHydngA5C4E&feature=relmfu

Those are just a few examples of typical Madonna tracks to me. Could listen to them all day long. 80's & 90's Madonna even trashes my Queen Beyonce.
And not the shit she put out since 2001. That shit's vile.

1983 - 2000
Madonna's carreer
R.I.P.

It's the truth.

Don't hate
jPJJC.gif

Not here for Confessions shade.

jPJJC.gif

The only Madonna albums that get play at the Trumpet household are Ray of Light, Confessions, and...the Immaculate Collection.
ipD8y9xtjEkKZ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom