• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of these hoes are TRIGGER HAPPY.

....try coming back in 30 min or so
ibfI13LcHC7D2B.png

that thing said a HOUR.

e65.gif

i'll stick to my own if thats how it's gonna be.

Was at the X-Factor taping earlier. It was so much fun!! It was really interesting seeing how these audition episodes work. Once the judges took turns walking out to the panel desk they literally plopped down and the first auditioner walked onto the stage. SO MUCH EDITING HAPPENS.

People of course went absolutely apeshit when Britney walked out. She looked adorbs too. People slowly started turning on her though. About halfway through the show this girl was singing and she was so obviously terrible, and after the other three judges pretty much told her she was obviously terrible, Britney says something to the extent of "Well I think you have a beautiful voice and a great soul, and it really shows," and people actually boo'd her for the first time. I got really gay nervous. My friend looked at me and said "you can't BOO Britney!!" It was definitely uncomfortable. Then L.A Reid chimed in saying "how dare you all boo Britney," and people applauded in apology.

After that literally everything she said got groans and laughs from around me. It was really uncomfortable. This one contestant sang Adele's "Chasing Pavements" and her voice was poppy but just not that great. Simon insulted her and called her unoriginal, Demi said something a 19 year-old would say, and L.A. Reid was NOT nice to her. And then Simon asks for Britney's opinion and she says...

"I just think your voice is so haunting, and it's so eerie..."

I died. Pretty much the entire theater was laughing at that, and I'm pretty sure I buried my head into my friend's shoulder in shame. I was convinced that her managers just gave her keywords to revert to if she can't say anything substantial, and it wasn't the only time she'd say something random like that. She called someone else "magical" after the contestant gnawed her way through an "original" song, and that insighted some laughs and groans as well. It sort of just became an uncomfortable meme where people expected Britney to say something non-substantial and throw-away.

Demi Lovato was cute and had a lot of fake teasing exchanges with Simon, mostly over his age. He would tease her with things like "just say yes or no" and she would just.. call him old. I dunno it was fun. Her vocabulary and inflections definitely let you know that she's 19. That's all I'll say. I'm pretty sure she said "awesome" more times that I've done in my life-time.

I worry for Britney Spears though. I would have liked to see some personality or charm but I was honestly baffled at how completely worthless she was during the taping. She only leaned in to say "yes" in cute ways when Simon summoned her, and she never said a word otherwise. During the 2 minute intermissions she was always the first to go and last to come back, and people eventually just stopped clamming over her. I've never seen her show any personality as long as I've known her to be alive so I'm just REALLY DEAD CURIOUS as to what she's like when the cameras are off. I really hope she opens up and allows herself to be more spontaneous throughout the show but if she continues this kind of non-presence the media will NOT be kind.

I'm worried about her.
ibfI13LcHC7D2B.png
(That sounds exactly like I'd imagine it would go, though.)

Trigger

People of course went absolutely apeshit when Britney walked out. She looked adorbs too. People slowly started turning on her though. About halfway through the show this girl was singing and she was so obviously terrible, and after the other three judges pretty much told her she was obviously terrible, Britney says something to the extent of "Well I think you have a beautiful voice and a great soul, and it really shows," and people actually boo'd her for the first time. I got really gay nervous. My friend looked at me and said "you can't BOO Britney!!" It was definitely uncomfortable. Then L.A Reid chimed in saying "how dare you all boo Britney," and people applauded in apology.

I died. Pretty much the entire theater was laughing at that, and I'm pretty sure I buried my head into my friend's shoulder in shame. I was convinced that her managers just gave her keywords to revert to if she can't say anything substantial, and it wasn't the only time she'd say something random like that. She called someone else "magical" after the contestant gnawed her way through an "original" song, and that insighted some laughs and groans as well. It sort of just became an uncomfortable meme where people expected Britney to say something non-substantial and throw-away.

Oh lawd. I'm ready for the X-Factor.

Pick Nicki's new single(s)

mypinkfriday.com/news/80383

vote for Pound The Alarm

Damn, all those choices are the worst songs on the album. Except for Pound The Alarm and Whip It, of course. But where's Automatic and Roman Holiday? Those are the brightest moments on the album IMO.

The breakdown on Automatic is very Gaga/Madonna. Fierce the house down.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Over 10,000 posts... Your favorite thread could never.

#whenwillyourfave
#wherearetheflaws
#noteventrying
#cannotfail
#rulerofotcommunity
#bestofthebest
#withoutequal
#omnipresent
#noescapefromtheslayage
#pop

ec20fb7f.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm up to about my tenth listen to Timebomb now.

#flawless

I muted all the rubbish other people were playing in the plug.dj room since none of you would listen to my flawless offerings.

YES I'm in a stroppy mood and NO I don't care.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Cool Kylie song. Shes cool but she's looking massively botoxed. Dat whitegoods face.

DEAD at Ginny Weasley.

t-minus 1 day until I fly down for the Opera House Archandroid Glory of Glories. #praisebetopompadour

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Kylie song is solid if unspectacular. Kinda feels like the same 20 seconds repeated for the entire length of the track, though. Never really goes anywhere too interesting.

This has to be my favorite gif from the thread in a loooong time.

godels, did you really like Nicola's album that much? Even though I adore Girls Aloud and wanted so badly for her solo stuff to be great, I thought the album was a huge letdown.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't think it was a classic, but it had fleeting moments of excellence (Cinderella's Eyes, Porcelain Heart) and it showed a lot of potential; which is more than can be said for Cheryl's (or Nadine's, lol) solo efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom