• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

I just listened to Carly Rae's new single curosity I might be stannning guys I might be.

EgJTv.gif

royalan

You know, after listening to it a few times, I have to say that I really do like "Call Me Maybe."

Just such a purely fun song. Catchy as fuck hook. Catchy bridge. Unique and punchy beat. It's a great song.

And totally unlike all this Euro-Dance crap that has been polluting the airwaves with 43728363823 songs that sound exactly the same and have the exact same structure.

I listened to some other tracks of hers and they all pretty much suck, so I doubt I'll ever become a fan of Jepsen in general. But "Call Me Maybe" is a great slice of Pop. A return to basics at a time we really needed it.

JCX

Of course Britney isn't doing well. A well adjusted adult doesn't need a legal guardian. She works best in a rehearsed controlled environment. If she won't be even slightly critical now, she'll fall apart during the live shows.

Trigger

Definitely here for the Britney meltdowns and breakdowns

Britney will have a meltdown from all the people wanting gossiping about her having a breakdown at this point. Though if what was stated earlier is true then I imagine she might be Paula Abdul 2.0. All rainbows and sunshine.

And I'm here for that.

EgJTv.gif

royalan

Britney will have a meltdown from all the people wanting gossiping about her having a breakdown at this point. Though if what was stated earlier is true then I imagine she might be Paula Abdul 2.0. All rainbows and sunshine.

And I'm here for that.

EgJTv.gif

Here's the thing though: I highly doubt Britney is going to have a traditional "breakdown" on the show. With the people surrounding her (Her father Satan, and her husband Beelzebub), she'll be doped-up on mood suppressants the second they see a possible breakdown approaching.

No, what I imagine will happen will be far worse:

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Britney Spears is going to be the most boring, useless judge to grace the panel of a singing competition.

She's going to sit there, smiling like a brain-dead robot, giving always-positive, nonsensical and possibly even scripted comments to everyone. There will be no wit, no personality, no sign that the original Britney Spears is in the building.

And it's going to damn-near kill her brand.

Trigger

LMAO. "Muslim Paris"

Here's the thing though: I highly doubt Britney is going to have a traditional "breakdown" on the show. With the people surrounding her (Her father Satan, and her husband Beelzebub), she'll be doped-up on mood suppressants the second they see a possible breakdown approaching.

No, what I imagine will happen will be far worse:

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Britney Spears is going to be the most boring, useless judge to grace the panel of a singing competition.

She's going to sit there, smiling like a brain-dead robot, giving always-positive, nonsensical and possibly even scripted comments to everyone. There will be no wit, no personality, no sign that the original Britney Spears is in the building.

And it's going to damn-near kill her brand.

It will be interesting to see how it develops. The POP-GAF members who went claimed that people were booing her. I'm interested to see if she'll be a snooze. The execs will give her the nicest edit possible. However Simon can't get ratings off her name alone, and a lot of X-Factor's previous drama was pretty unscripted.

I don't imagine it'll damage her brand though. No one goes to Britney for the intellectual stimulation. All she has to do is not flip out. I imagine her manager husband's real goal is just to boost visibility before a possible album drop. Basically what J-Lo did on Idol.

1.Sign on for big payday
2.Don't judge shit
3.Promote Singles or get sponsorships
4. Drop show after a season or two

Trigger

I don't see how you can call William Levy bland and then stan for Ryan Goosling. He's average.

You know my AVATAR RULE, right?

Because right now I imagine that LAURYN HILL is posting in POP-GAF

Only in an alternate universe where Lauryn didn't have a creative breakdown.

#PrayingForTheComeback

Nemesis_

He thinks I'm Ryan Gosling.

tumblr_ltson72s1o1r2l3t81t.gif

Sucks to be you UGLY LESSORS.

humyeipcab.gif

tumblr_m17i7gFjUC1rpldbjo1_500.gif

Template of WHO TO BE tbh

tumblr_lj8ymu9UWE1qa10t0o1_500.gif

Do you still see me as Drake...

I did! But then I got to know you and realised you CHANGE SO OFTEN that your PHYSICAL FORM probably CHANGES too. (But yes, you're still MUSCLE DRAKE). Is that filth official artwork?

tumblr_m179gjAtH41rqwj4eo1_500.gif

Pho is an asian girl. Not sure if want anymore tbh

tumblr_lzi0ovoqz61r31hlno2_250.gif

The shit you get when you type RYAN GOSLING into GOOGLE

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
This William Levy guy is so GENERIC HOT GUY.

I mean I wouldn't kick him out of bed but I couldn't imagine him ever having a stalker tbh.

Kyon

Banned
I think Brit will be fine. I know everyone means well but at the same time the people SUPPORTING her are almost always the same ones SHADING and calling her a trainwreck every damn move she makes. This was the reason she wasnt around the media spotlight. She's everyone's favorite PUNCHING BAG. Ya'll say the same damn shit everyday just WAIT. #Meltdown

io5eAYOyi71j5.gif

I found this post while looking for my kylie .gifs(I forgot what I named them).

I'll try and stop by more often. :)

You're even stan for the MOTHER OF DRAGONS? <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom