• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
As always the SUPRESSED GURLZ are living in the PAST much like their FAVES' CAREERS.

tumblr_lxmj7dDwaJ1qby26vo1_500.gif

C+ To Be Quite Fucking Honest

1) I'm sick of people doing these half-assed "I Will Always Love You" covers. IWALY is Whitney Houston's magnum opus and a Pop Ballad Standard. If the only way you can perform the song is by duckin' and dodgin' then sit yo' ARSE down somewhere because you can't sing it.

2) People love to clock my fave on being a self-indulgent singer (and yeah she often is) but honestly Beyonce is often TEN TIMES WORSE. This is a great example. The lengthy pauses and over-the-top vibrato and constant crescendo made me OVER this performance before she even got to the damn chorus.

3) Stop with the damn leotards.

Really though?

This isn't necessarily directed at you, but I'm generally baffled by the way POP-GAF judges certain pop acts. Anyone who insults a Beyonce performance but praises someone like Rihanna, Katy Perry, Britney, etc. for their respective performances is a lost cause to me. I'll never understand it.

Beyonce is the second greatest pop performer of all time. As far as I'm concerned, nobody in recent time has managed to rival her stage presence, perfectionism, attention to detail and raw performance talent.

tumblr_m4ne9qrWuf1r3gb3zo1_400.gif

botty

Banned
Just watched a video of a 80 year old woman skydiving, and slipping out of her harness. Pop Gaf is discussing Madonna.

I see a trend.

royalan

Really though?

This isn't necessarily directed at you, but I'm generally baffled by the way POP-GAF judges certain pop acts. Anyone who insults a Beyonce performance but praises someone like Rihanna, Katy Perry, Britney, etc. for their respective performances is a lost cause to me. I'll never understand it.

Beyonce is the second greatest pop performer of all time. As far as I'm concerned, nobody in recent time has managed to rival her stage presence, perfectionism, attention to detail and raw performance talent.

tumblr_m4ne9qrWuf1r3gb3zo1_400.gif

Actually, as an overall performer I agree with you. I wouldn't rank her as the #2 pop performer (far from it), but I've always applauded her energy, stage presence, smart choreography (*cough*Lady Gaga take notes*cough*), and near-perfect mix of live vocals, background singers, and backing track. I'm often disappointed by her music, but I've never shaded Beyonce as a performer.

That being said, I thought that "I Will Always Love You/Halo" mash-up was self-indulgent, uninspired, lazy garbage. And since she wants to be an icon (she mentions it all the time in interviews) I'd like her to put a bit more pomp into her tours/shows. Tired of her just throwing on a lion's mane lacefront, leotard, and calling it a day.

Nemesis_

Lady Gaga's people have cancelled the BORN THIS WAY BALL in INDONESIA

Pop diva Lady Gaga’s show in Indonesia has been cancelled, her promoters said Sunday after Islamic hardliners threatened “chaos” if she entered the world’s most populous Muslim-majority nation.

“Lady Gaga’s management has considered the situation minute to minute, and with threats if the concert goes ahead, Lady Gaga’s side is calling off the concert,” Minola Sebayang, lawyer for promoters Big Daddy, told reporters.

“This is not only about Lady Gaga’s security, but extends to those who will be watching her,” he added.

Earlier this month Jakarta police refused approval for the show after the hardline Islamic Defenders Front threatened violence if Lady Gaga performed, calling her a “devil’s messenger” who wears only a “bra and panties” on stage.

The promoters had indicated that a deal was being hammered out to tone down the star’s racy show, but her own management vowed no compromise to appease religious conservatives or censors.

Big Daddy president director Michael Rusli said it was “unfortunate” that the show had to be called off.

“For the past few days we have communicated with the government and Lady Gaga’s side. The government has given support, but this is not about the permit,” he said. “The cancellation is really due to concerns over security.”

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/05/27/216739.html

Kyon

Banned
LOL good. Bitch is crazier than they are if she thought she was gonna perform there. Hope they cancel her Philipines dates also. FUCK the stans saying its ICONIC to perform where people are gone literally KILL your FAVE and not in the stan lingo sense smh.

botty

Banned
LOL good. Bitch is crazier than they are if she thought she was gonna perform there. Hope they cancel her Philipines dates also. FUCK the stans saying its ICONIC to perform where people are gone literally KILL your FAVE and not in the stan lingo sense smh.

rhobh-lisa-drinkandjudge.gif

royalan

PROBABLY because NOBODY TOOK THE TIME to PURCHASE and/or LISTEN TO IT

TTtkO.gif

You can use Christina's one poorly-received album (featuring vocals and ballads Gaga couldn't dream of touching on her best day) as a shield all you want. Nothing changes, boo.

Although, in all seriousness, good that Gaga didn't try to push this.

royalan

And yet it continues to be brought up daily around here. Not here for the repetition, tbh.

rhobh-cam-judging.gif

I know. Her name STAYS in they mouths.

Gurrrll...you know they only hatin' because, secretly, they'd already saved up money and bought tons of unofficial "Bionic Tour" merchandise. They feel burned. But don't worry! She'll be back!

botty

Banned
I know. Her name STAYS in they mouths.

Gurrrll...you know they only hatin' because, secretly, they'd already saved up money and bought tons of unofficial "Bionic Tour" merchandise. They feel burned. But don't worry! She'll be back!

It really is a testament of how few flaws xtina has when, in a career that spans a lifetime, the same things are constantly repeated.

tumblr_m29sf8VwF11ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Nemesis_

You can use Christina's one poorly-received album (featuring vocals and ballads Gaga couldn't dream of touching on her best day) as a shield all you want. Nothing changes, boo.

Although, in all seriousness, good that Gaga didn't try to push this.

uGDAT.gif

Keep thinking about the PAST hun because there's the only place where your FAVE'S GLORY will REMAIN. There is NOTHING in the future for XTINCTA and her terrible SELF INDULGENT voice. NOBODY is here for incessant WAILING but they are here for WHALING which is just what will happen when BUBONIC 2.0 releases.

2vWgh.gif

And yet it continues to be brought up daily around here. Not here for the repetition, tbh.

rhobh-cam-judging.gif

Only in retaliation to your absolutely EMBARRASSING shade for your IRRELEVANT fave as she tries to defy FORCES of GRAVITY and CLIMB THE CHARTS again.

PnBH4.gif

royalan

Keep thinking about the PAST hun because there's the only place where your FAVE'S GLORY will REMAIN. There is NOTHING in the future for XTINCTA and her terrible SELF INDULGENT voice. NOBODY is here for incessant WAILING but they are here for WHALING which is just what will happen when BUBONIC 2.0 releases.

Hmmm...

*Checks the charts...Xtina recently featured on a #1 song*

*Checks the ratings...The Voice finale UP 16% over last years. Unlike some other shows. Xtina most-discussed judged*

*Checks the roadmap...album due out this year.*

*Checks the vocals...STILL some of the best in the game.*

*Checks the physical appearance...serving BODY, CURVES AND FACE.*

I'm sorry, I don't see the issue here sis.

Nemesis_

*Checks the charts...Xtina recently featured on a #1 song*

Which PROPELLED to STARDOM because of the NOVELTY of the recently launched THE NOISE

*Checks the ratings...The Voice finale UP 16% over last years. Unlike some other shows. Xtina most-discussed judged*

Most discussed because of how much of a BITCH she was. Also, despite being UP they still UNDERPERFORMED.

*Checks the roadmap...album due out this year.*

Were you saying the same thing in 2010 dear?

*Checks the vocals...STILL some of the best in the game.*

WAILING is not THE BEST in ANY CAPACITY

*Checks the physical appearance...serving BODY, CURVES AND FACE.*

BODY CURVES and FACE. YES.

Jr7zy.jpg

j2ts5.jpg

wkinhk0iom.gif

royalan

Which PROPELLED to STARDOM because of the NOVELTY of the recently launched THE NOISE

The "why" is absolutely irrelevant. Chica got a #1. Eat it.

Most discussed because of how much of a BITCH she was. Also, despite being UP they still UNDERPERFORMED.

And most-discussed because she didn't fall into the traditional role of the "token nice female judge" and instead was as opinionated and technical as any Simon Cowell. Meanwhile other female judges are content to just sit and smile blankly - too afraid to speak their minds and be perceived as anything but pretty and docile. Sweet and fucking stupid.

My fave = a leading feminist figurehead since Stripped. U Mad? I think so.

Were you saying the same thing in 2010 dear?

I was, and what I got was an album containing some of the year's best Pop ballads.

WAILING is not THE BEST in ANY CAPACITY

Come again?

BODY CURVES and FACE. YES.

kF1rb.jpg

Fixed.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
STUNNER SHADE yet CLASSY.

Note the missing pic of our resident Marius.

I see the Gaga Backlash is in full force. I guess she didn't take that into account when she decided to emulate the ORIGINAL QUEEN of SHOCK. Sadly, it's happening at an exponentially faster rate for her.

When was the last time Madonna was relevant enough to get DEATH THREATS from people who think she's the AMBASSADOR OF SATAN, hun?

5OWYh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom