• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
It just hit me @Kyon's stanning in the beiber thread

26494072_cry_gif.gif

Flawless.

Your taste in musical acts may be FLAWED, but it's FLAWLESS in stans. He puts us all to shame and then some.

Delio

I really hate that kid's hair on the far right. It makes him look like the flying nun. And is the guy on the left like the responsible chaperon or something? I feel like he's never the object of the gifs or fandom, it's always the other four.:(

You mean Liam? He has plenty of gifs he just happens to be the one that takes care of the others in a sense.

tumblr_m4ns0isH101rx4t8yo9_500.gif

Kyon

Banned
You're PERFECT Kyon. People don't get it and that's THEIR problem.

It's like i SHUT IT DOWN in 1 post and the PRESSED TRAIL of LESSERS kept coming for all of us.

ipP5nkjpmR2ED.gif

This video is giving me life.

"That VERY GODDESS... SASHAYED across the Revel Ovation Hall Stage in a SPARKLING red gown, looking like a BAG of FRESH CRANBERRIES, full of ANTI-OXIDANTS and PURE HEAVEN."

You stans could never.

Thats how i talk on twitter LMAO

Mumei

The best thing about Kyon is that he goes all in. Most of the rest of us have too many filters that prevent the sort of brilliant, stream-of-consciousness stanning only he is capable of.

Also the fact that he actually enjoys most of this music...

Yep.

I have too many filters with mostly just results in shade.

Well you guys can keep drooling over two-year-olds. I'm busy listening to the latest ScandiPop sensation, Loreen, who destroyed the competition at Eurovision with what is unquestionably the best song to come out of the competition in years, Euphoria.

PDvI1.gif

Yeah, the production is full of cheese, but that's what remixes are for! The only non-embarrassing one at the moment is the Alex Moreno remix, which will sound stale around mid-July. But! It's the best we've got until some talented people get a hold of the song.

The rest of her output would be passable Swedish dance pop, but the production is so awful that it renders the stuff pretty much irrelevant at this point. Hopefully she teams up with some talented Swedes (there are many) and kicks out some more inventive stuff.

Until then, THERE IS NO SHAME. The song is worthy of being on the iPod for a few months.​

f6lN3.gif

Also, she's gorgeous.​

edit: k marius

Kyon

Banned
I READ the SWAMP MONSTER lesser PEASANTS like TELEPROMPTERS with RECEIPTS instead of shading them. It's what I do best :p Always cite your sources my good sisters. The art of shade is more everyone elses strong point.

Eh, it's worth respecting Marius' wishes on this one.

'Twas fun antagonizing people for a bit, but the last thing we need is a bigger spotlight at this point.

Trigger

lol, let's resist more bans please.

Well you guys can keep drooling over two-year-olds. I'm busy listening to the latest ScandiPop sensation, Loreen, who destroyed the competition at Eurovision with what is unquestionably the best song to come out of the competition in years, Euphoria.

This is stuck in my head after being played so often in the DJ room.

botty

Banned
As I was reading that bieber thread, I sensed the pressed ones were trying to cause a pop-gaf genocide. I'm surprised some were allowed to say certain things, really, but I suppose it's the price you pay for having a bit more freedom in here.

Uvk0C.gif

This is stuck in my head after being played so often in the DJ room.

It would be a better song, but man is the production chintzy, and I generally have a high tolerance for European cheese.

I like her look, her voice, and her personality, though. I love that she met with activists critical of the Azerbaijani government despite being the early favorite to win the thing. She isn't one of the Swedish big guns - at least not yet - but she could probably get there if she makes smart moves over the next several years.

Time will tell.

Bladenic

YOU ARE ALL WELCOME FOR MY INTRODUCING THE NEW GODDESS OF EURO POP LOREEN IN YOUR LIVES. EUPHORIA IS FLAW FREE AND WILL REMAIN IN HEAVY ROTATION FOR THE NEXT SEVERAL MONTHS. YOU WILL DEAL AND ENJOY IT.

Also, LOL at Trigger using my preferred gif since I wasn't around, good looking out.

Trigger

A couple of posters in that thread were pretty rude to Kyon despite actively calling for the thread to be derailed for photoshops. lol, it's like they just wanted a chance to flame POP-GAF tbh.

It would be a better song, but man is the production chintzy, and I generally have a high tolerance for European cheese.

I like her look, her voice, and her personality, though. I love that she met with activists critical of the Azerbaijani government despite being the early favorite to win the thing. She isn't one of the Swedish big guns - at least not yet - but she could probably get there if she makes smart moves over the next several years.

Time will tell.

I didn't know that. I'll have to look her up once the chorus of Eeeeeeeeeuuuuuphooooria leaves my head.

Also, LOL at Trigger using my preferred gif since I wasn't around, good looking out.

kS5PD.gif

Kyon

Banned
I didnt spam ANY gifs. I posted two in one post after that i kept on topic with 0 gifs. But they KEPT coming for me and Pop-Gaf. Idegi. They are insane. And they call me unstable because I defended my girls LEGACY? I find it HILARIOUS a Joss Whedon stan of all people would come for any stan tbh. May not be pop music but he still is rabid when it comes to his DIRECTORS. His avatar and BOX OFFICE threads are the receipts.

ib0WHGUNmuo158.gif

futurepop is best pop

never in a million years did i think i would ever see you in here lol Hi have a seat. Post your faves Grav im curious to know TBH

Bladenic

Well I'd Stan for Whedon too since I love Buffy, Angel, and The Avengers. But I honestly don't think they realize the're stans of stuff and people too, only without the gifs which is really the best part tbh.

Delio

I didnt spam ANY gifs. I posted two in one post after that i kept on topic with 0 gifs. But they KEPT coming for me and Pop-Gaf. Idegi. They are insane. And they call me unstable because I defended my girls LEGACY? I find it HILARIOUS a Joss Whedon stan of all people would come for any stan tbh. May not be pop music but he still is rabid when it comes to his DIRECTORS. His avatar and BOX OFFICE threads are the receipts.

ib0WHGUNmuo158.gif

never in a million years did i think i would ever see you in here lol Hi have a seat. Post your faves Grav im curious to know TBH

I had to drag him in here from the Pokegaf irc.

Kyon

Banned
Well I'd Stan for Whedon too since I love Buffy, Angel, and The Avengers. But I honestly don't think they realize the're stans of stuff and people too, only without the gifs which is really the best part tbh.

I'm actually more a Joss Whedon stan than he is. It's sad LOL I own every single series boxset of his. I bought every comic of Buffy and Angel AND Firefly he's worked on. He only became a stan because The Avengers. Not here for Banwagoners tbh.

Trigger

I'm actually more a Joss Whedon stan than he is. It's sad LOL I own every single series boxset of his. I bought every comic of Buffy and Angel AND Firefly he's worked on. He only became a stan because The Avengers. Not here for Banwagoners tbh.

Why is Whedon-GAF INVADING POP-GAF with its eccentricities?

I won't lie. I have a Buffy DVD collection of all the seasons.

Delio

Scared to pop in that bieber thread now that duckroll has posted. Shame people have to go whine about a few gifs. Ah well.

So yeah...

I'm gonna post in here because I enjoy some of that electronica pop shit that's popular these days. I am not a member of the sisterhood but I hope that is ok. What is everyone's thoughts on the thin Kelly Clarkson? Peer pressure cave-in or is everyone happy? She has an amazing ass and looked really hot when she started but the weight got to be much. She looks good again but her video for Dark Side is hypocritical. It shows the chick who wishes she was thin (really awful trope by now in these videos) yet Ms.Clarkson thinned out herself.

Thoughts?

I didn't want to post the article because the title can be misconstrued badly but...

Kelly Clarkson slimmed down for new boyfriend

If you read what she says it doesn't sound like she's 'sold out' for a man, though: “I have a boyfriend, and if I’m being completely honest, no-one likes to be not toned when you are dating someone. I’m eating better and working out, but I’ve always fluctuated within 20 pounds. My whole life I’ve been like that.

Bladenic

Honestly, da fuq? Obviously some people just extremely pressed because there weren't even that many gifs spammed. Neogaf is such a love and hate it place. And now duckroll is there so watch out, he's very ban happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom