• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
iO7upllfwCgQp.gif

Yes, new page. Let us FORGET that last one happened.

Mau ®

Baboons,

Drake said he'd like to write Rihanna's next album entirely. OMG!!! I need dat WATCH THE URBAN-POP THRONE masterpiece all up in my ears tbh!!!!!!

wiig.gif

Kyon

Banned
Paris Demo Thread

My favorite Trash Pop Kween has returned.

This better be her single. Of course it would probably sound different lol

EDIT: Someone already attacking me and i never even said anything to anyone

OVfgk.gif

Trigger

Kyon, Queen of Controversy and Standom <3

I'll get into my bunker now before another thread nosedives. I'm not getting banned prior to E3.

efOze.gif

Apparently you've been asleep all day!

Lots of wigs were left intact today. I'd like to see the Crip or the Bloods show that kind of restraint.

Kyon

Banned
Kyon, Queen of Controversy and Standom <3

I'll get into my bunker now before another thread nosedives. I'm not getting banned prior to E3.

efOze.gif

Lots of wigs were left intact today. I'd like to see the Crip or the Bloods show that kind of restraint.

you should've posted the part where she's screaming lol

DMeisterJ

Banned
This whole Drake/Rihanna thing is giving me a headache.

If it wasn't her he was referencing in the song with 2 Chainz, who was it? And if it was, why are they cool again? And what's up with the sweater tied around the neck?

What kind of mess?

iTvlw7AgAyc8o.gif

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
what's up with the sweater tied around the neck?

I was going to make a joke earlier about the awful thing around Drake's neck and then comment on how the sweater was pretty bad, too, but I just didn't have it in me to subtly dig on Rihfund. It's more fun just to call her a nasty slag.

Kyon

Banned
GURLS

People doubted but the REAL fans knew that with material that great it was only a matter of time:

Britney Spears' "Blackout" Album Has Finally Gone Platinum in the US

Britney still KILLIN' EM with legacy albums!

37mdB.gif

Took a few months, i bought 6 copies in december. We had a campaign thing going on cause it only had 2,000 copies needed to go platinum when Femme Fatale released i didnt think it'd take this long but still im glad

EDIT: Holy shit just read the article and they wrote about the campaign LOL this site has great receipts

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I think it's a strain to attribute any successes of Blackout to Britney tbh. I think she was probably barely comatose during the recording sessions. But it is a flaw free album.

Majmun

So it took this "legend" nearly five years to do what Adele was able to manage in a month.

Uh huh.

lyy40.gif

And still...

HIGHEST-PAID MUSICIANS:

1 Elton John $80 million
2 Bon Jovi $60 million
3 Britney Spears $58 million
4 Paul McCartney $57 million
5 Taylor Swift $57 million
6 Toby Keith $55 million
7 Justin Bieber $55 million
8 Rihanna $53 million
9 Lady Gaga $52 million
10 Katy Perry $45 million
11 Kenny Chesney $44 million
12 Beyoncé Knowles $35 million
13 Adele $35 million
14 Brad Paisley $32 million
15 Tiesto $23 million
16 Skrillex $15 million

THE RECEIPTS DON'T LIE GURLS

HqiFP.gif

royalan

I think it's a strain to attribute any successes of Blackout to Britney tbh. I think she was probably barely comatose during the recording sessions. But it is a flaw free album.

I would attribute some of the success to Brit-Brit.

Although it was a mentally damaging time in her life, it was also Britney at her most rebellious and devil-may-care. I think it's entirely believable that Britney walked into those recording sessions and said, "Yo, I don't give a FUCK. Gimme your CRAZIEST tracks 'cuz DIS BITCH is down for WHATEVER."

The result being greatness.

Sweetie when your job is actually making music and not just showing up for the album cover photo shoot, there's only one set of receipts that matter, and they don't lie:

rqE1V.jpg

IJzzf.jpg

You're certainly welcome to keep trying, but Godbyn remains unbothered.

7GeWH.gif

Majmun

Although it was a mentally damaging time in her life, it was also Britney at her most rebellious and devil-may-care. I think it's entirely believable that Britney walked into those recording sessions and said, "Yo, I don't give a FUCK. Gimme your CRAZIEST tracks 'cuz DIS BITCH is down for WHATEVER."

For real. I was never a Britney fan. I still haven't listened to a Brit album pre-Blackout release. I only know the singles.

But Blackout made me listen to Circus and Femme Fatale. I didn't like Circus, but Femme Fatale was great.

Blackout can't be touched. Gimme More is one of the sexiest songs ever. The whole album is basically killer. Don't think Brit will ever reach Blackout's quality.

Kyon

Banned
So in her 17 year career she's only had 3 #1 albums in Sweden Gotcha.

I mean not even Worldwide. I only see Sweden numbers. POINT IS you cant come for anyone's ALBUM SALES when your own fave hasnt even hit certified CONDOM WRAPPER Worldwide. Just sad that even XTINA of all people sold more than her who every stan loves to drag. How can the critically acclaimed Robyn not achieve that is just....

tumblr_lthhp8Icqr1qafhoco1_500.gif

Again, this is how silly the numbers game is.

Beyoncé, Katy Perry, Adele, and even Propecia Keys released albums since Blackout that went Platinum before it.

You can continue to throw sideways shade to try and distract from reality, but those are facts.

Kyon

Banned
Again, this is how silly the numbers game is.

Beyoncé, Katy Perry, Adele, and even Propecia Keys released albums since Blackout that went Platinum before it.

You can continue to throw sideways shade to try and distract from reality, but those are facts.

But they arent your faves so you cant exactly use them as receipts darling. You were attempting to come for my fave and now that im coming for yours you wanna use receipts from other stans. That's TELLING that you have been DRAGGED and BODY BAGGED.

Majmun

What happened to Bey's and Alicia's Put it in a love song video btw? I thought the video was supposed to be released two years ago.

I was so hyped back then. Guess it's never coming out. Too bad

3mm1P.gif

Kyon

Banned
What happened to Bey's and Alicia's Put it in a love song video btw? I thought the video was supposed to be released two years ago.

I was so hyped back then. Guess it's never coming out. Too bad

3mm1P.gif

I cant believe you still remember that. I'm still hoping it never happens, Home Wrecker-Icia shall remain in the bottom of the swamp with the rest of the TRASH for all i care she has about as much personality and artistry as SAND PAPER.

I'm sure she gave up a great deal of control in the studio, but that's probably because she was too distracted by being a hot damn mess to even care. However the hell they propped her up on a stool to "sing" those songs doesn't really matter since it's those producers that crafted an amazing pop record, not her. Put Britney's name on an album and it will sell to the fans unconditionally because she sure as hell wouldn't be credited with anything production-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom