• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not here for inter-forum warz. We're not NBA-GAF.
iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

Trigger

I am tempted now to even ask about posted a thread devoted to a pop artists new cd or something on Off topic now. CLEARLY we can have gifs in it for fear of other gaffers coming in or something.

I think it would be fine there. It should be understood that POP-GAF would participate in that kind of thread.

Delio

I think it would be fine there. It should be understood that POP-GAF would participate in that kind of thread.

I dunno now. They will probably whine and start throwing toys around. I await my One direction Album 2 thread then and the reactions.

duckroll

I wanna make a clarification here. This isn't an anti-PopGAF thing or whatever. It is just seriously annoying when a large group of like-minded people who might not mean any harm individually decide to go into a thread to do meme-posts which might seem culturally logical to them.

Try to understand it from the perspective of someone who is not a regular of this thread. Not only do the gifs have little to no context, but they serve no purpose in a discussion or even accurately representing the reaction of the poster, because people won't understand it. Instead what they see is an annoying gif which they might not care for.

When people get upset at that, they will reply to complain about it, and if you argue further that just derails a thread for no reason. It's not hard to be considerate. We have these problems on Off-Topic from time to time, and people do get banned for it if it gets really bad. It has nothing to do with any particular community, even generic memes become a problem if they litter a thread and derail it.

Just keep that in mind and all is good. :)

When people get upset at that, they will reply to complain about it, and if you argue further that just derails a thread for no reason. It's not hard to be considerate. We have these problems on Off-Topic from time to time, and people do get banned for it if it gets really bad. It has nothing to do with any particular community, even generic memes become a problem if they litter a thread and derail it.

I respect that, and it's worth keeping in mind that not everyone gets the jokes.

Maybe when we make a thread about a POP ARTIST we should put [A POP-GAF thread] in the title. That way wankers won't start crying when we do our thing.

EDIT: Thanks duckroll for the clarification. It's nice to know we're not being undermined by mods.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Going to avoid OT from now on tbh. And I thought it was only Gaming that I should steer clear of. C'est la vie.

royalan

Makes sense. People need to get less rude, though.

This.

As a PopGaffer who didn't participate in "that thread" until most of the drama had already gone down, reading through it after-the-fact the most disruptive element I observed was the 5664869548 posts (most just repeating each other) attacking PopGAF over a relatively harmless post...including some particularly rude comments aimed at Kyon.

That's all I'll say though. I know mods on a forum this big don't have it easy, and SOME group was going to get the short-end in that one.

Mumei

This.

As a PopGaffer who didn't participate in "that thread" until most of the drama had already gone down, reading through it after-the-fact the most disruptive element I observed was the 5664869548 posts (most just repeating each other) attacking PopGAF over a relatively harmless post...including some particularly rude comments aimed at Kyon.

That's all I'll say though. I know mods on a forum this big don't have it easy, and SOME group was going to get the short-end in that one.

I think everyone just should look at some Calming Manatee.

Replicant

Hey guys, I just want to let you know that while I don't completely understand half of the content in this thread, I've been enjoying what I understood so far. In fact, it cheers me up from time to time. So keep doing what you're doing on this thread. Don't let other people's opinion or the recent incident bothers you. Just be careful when you post outside the thread. Don't want to see any of you get banned.

royalan

Hey guys, I just want to let you know that while I don't completely understand half of the content in this thread, I've been enjoying what I understood so far. In fact, it cheers me up from time to time. So keep doing what you're doing on this thread. Don't let other people's opinion bother you. Just be careful when you post outside the thread. Don't want to see any of you get banned.

I'm currently posting from my tablet. Can someone post the Wendy Williams crying and nodding gif? Because that's how much I love this post.

Christopher

Hey guys, I just want to let you know that while I don't completely understand half of the content in this thread, I've been enjoying what I understood so far. In fact, it cheers me up from time to time. So keep doing what you're doing on this thread. Don't let other people's opinion or the recent incident bothers you. Just be careful when you post outside the thread. Don't want to see any of you get banned.

naomi-listening-to-tyra-o.gif

Real Talk

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

I'm currently posting from my tablet. Can someone post the Wendy Williams crying and nodding gif? Because that's how much I love this post.

iboes6yg1slgostok78.gif

Trigger

I'm going to pretend that Michael Fassbender typed this post as well.

Yg9dP.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Thanks for coming here to tell us this. It's been a BIG DAY for pop gaf.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Hey guys, I just want to let you know that while I don't completely understand half of the content in this thread, I've been enjoying what I understood so far. In fact, it cheers me up from time to time. So keep doing what you're doing on this thread. Don't let other people's opinion or the recent incident bother you. Just be careful when you post outside the thread. Don't want to see any of you get banned.

POP-GAF is always unbothered.

e65.gif

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom