• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's get into FLORRIE. Her new EP, Late, is out today.

florrie_late_400.jpg

Listen to it + her past work on her website. There are even some free downloads for cheapskates like myself. I recommend "Give Me Your Love", but I like everything I've heard so far.
i2JLmrYJRPMf5.gif

Shaded the HOLY DYNASTY of Pop music all in one BASIC and UNEDUCATED post...

I didn't mean to shade Kylie. I actually went and looked up some of her stuff. I still can't with Gooney GooGoo.
Telephone was decent.
And I just don't see it for Britney.
I'm a Slave 4U was the business.

Icicle

Shall we attempt having an intelligent discussion for a change?

Topic: What is your favorite "unreleased" track by one of your faves?

Aaliyah -- "Steady Ground" Feat. Static Major

Some dumbass sound engineer deleted Aaliyah's final vocals, leaving only her demo take behind. Had it not been for that screw-up, it would have been on the "Aaliyah" album. Word is that it will finally be released on her next posthumous album/collection.

So beautiful, can't wait for more people to hear it.

Kyon

Banned
I didn't mean to shade Kylie. I actually went and looked up some of her stuff. I still can't with Gooney GooGoo.
Telephone was decent.
And I just don't see it for Britney.
I'm a Slave 4U was the business.

Oh lol well its one thing not to know whats going on in Pop music its another to think the world doesnt know. Obviously Britney is relevant enough get the highest selling single of her career last year and debut with her 6th #1 album. Also being the the ONLY artist to debut with 6 albums @ the #1 spot, also being the youngest female in the game to do it. ALSO she has already ESTABLISHED herself in the HOLY TESTAMENT of 5 Females who have had the most #1 albums in history. All of this in 1 YEAR(2011)

Queen Barbara Streisand - (9)
Queen Madonna - (8)

Messiah Carey, Jahova Jackson and The Holy Spearit Herself at (6)

ibrycVkBlb7pXF.gif

You've been under a rock, so it seems. Britney's garnered a lot of attention and success over the past 5 years since her breakdown with #1 albums and singles.

You need to inform yourself, dear.

tumblr_m3cxwkhbwD1r76cts.gif

I was barely checking for her then, is she doing anything different than then? I mean, Billy Ray Cyrus and Meat Loaf had number one albums, that doesn't automatically make it pleasing to the ear.

Mumei

So you are one of those... The shade is delicious tbh I will never forget the BITTER TASTE i had when she did this. SPITTING in the face of everyone in the game who has sold their album full price[/IMG]

He clearly is more aware of things than he is letting on with his "Oh, Lord am I so out of the loop!" routine.

What is this shade?

natasharudestuff8vx79.gif

Obviously, some of the more BASIC bitches that TROLL this topic aren't mature enough to partake in a conversation.

excuse you

While you were busy maniacally digging up gifs of Janet we were talking about new music, discussing and sharing live performances, talking about albums that stand the test of time, and defending the legacy of pop innovators.

The only troll in this topic is your fave.

Icicle

Intelligent discussion? Hope springs eternal, gerl.

My favorite unreleased track is definitely Scene of the Crime by Leona, by the by.

I liked this one. What's the story about it being unreleased? I don't know much about Leona Lewis, only have 2 of her songs. She's a very talented singer, but I haven't seen a whole lot of personality from her. Don't have any gifs of Leona, but it would be a hair flip of approval if I did!

royalan

Aaliyah -- "Steady Ground" Feat. Static Major

Some dumbass sound engineer deleted Aaliyah's final vocals, leaving only her demo take behind. Had it not been for that screw-up, it would have been on the "Aaliyah" album. Word is that it will finally be released on her next posthumous album/collection.

So beautiful, can't wait for more people to hear it.

1) I just attempted "intelligent discussion" a few pages ago by giving my opinion on the degradation of the remix, thank you ever so kindly.

2) To answer your question, Nasty by Xtina and Cee Lo. Great track that ended up not being used for anything. I hope we get some tracks like this on the next album (especially since she's worked with Cee Lo on it). Xtina's voice pairs so well with live instrumentals. Not too many singers these days have that jazzy musicality to match a brassy horn section.

botty

Banned
1) I just attempted "intelligent discussion" a few pages ago by giving my opinion on the degradation of the remix, thank you ever so kindly.

2) To answer your question, Nasty by Xtina and Cee Lo. Great track that ended up not being used for anything. I hope we get some tracks like this on the next album (especially since she's worked with Cee Lo on it). Xtina's voice pairs so well with live instrumentals. Not too many singers these days have that jazzy musicality to match a brassy horn section.

tumblr_lyzcuwCSvu1qdf8w1o6_250.gif

That song is so Stripped.

Icicle

1. I appreciated your thoughts about the remix. Disappointed it didn't become a bigger topic for discussion, actually.

2. I thought Xtina's next album was going to be inspired by her love of Tokyo or something? Or was that Bionic?

So you are one of those... The shade is delicious tbh I will never forget the BITTER TASTE i had when she did this. SPITTING in the face of everyone in the game who has sold their album full price

ibfuv4fUKpxksR.gif

Reminds me of when Prince gave out a copy of one of his floppies with every concert ticket sold
My boy be sellin out them venues! lol
and it counted towards chart position. I think they changed the rules after that. :)

botty

Banned
@robidomask what are your motives?

ugKR3.png

those interests...

Loved this song from the moment I heard it during the Pokemon movie credits <3

And still waiting for a full, clean, tailored, and pressed version of O.O.C. <3

Yes!

Oh, did you see my other post? DarkChild is working with Xtina and Leona!

Kyon

Banned
@Leona I remember always searching for Glassheart(before it was named of course) demos, and one that always stuck out was Shatter it leaked since like a year or two ago and i cant STOP listening since last year. It does fit more in Echo but still.. I picture her MURDERING it with her vocals. (RaVaughn Brown does the vocals)

royalan

1. I appreciated your thoughts about the remix. Disappointed it didn't become a bigger topic for discussion, actually.

2. I thought Xtina's next album was going to be inspired by her love of Tokyo or something? Or was that Bionic?

1) Awww, you are more than just flawless Janet stanning. <3

2) That was Bionic. We don't yet know exactly what sound Xtina's going for on her next album. She's stated that, emotionally, she's in a very similar place she was when she recorded "Stripped", when she first started feeling the brunt of male chauvinism and blatant sexism on the part of the media and certain male rappers. "Stripped", in response, was brazen in Christina's rebellion against the idea that she should stay in a "pretty pop star's place." Loud, unabashedly feminine, sexually confident, bold. A direct "fuck you" to all of her critics. My fave, y'all.

I don't think we're getting a "Stripped Pt. 2", but with the beating Xtina has taken in the media recently it's clear we're getting another album with a similar spirit to "Stripped". A return fire to all of her haters and a reassertion of herself. Shameless.

Hell, the rumored first single is a song titled "Love Your Body (Fuck Ya Body)".

Mumei

I liked that post as well. The next POP-GAF OT thread should include something like that in the OP.

It more or less is:

ARCHIVES
Exemplary stanning posts from our very own.
g6DIz.gif

#1: Whitney Houston's best studio/live notes
#2: Mariah Carey's best studio/live notes
#3A, 3B, 3C, 3D: The History Channel Presents: Expired Tea

Can I say I just got to your Whitney mega post, and it was flawfree. My girl had pipes for days.

ibcqiYlfT2Bnyt.gif

Yes, she did.

I have expanded it since I first made it, but it still needs work, as does the Freddie one.

Bladenic

Moblin and I have been jamming to endless Godmania and a few Goddish songs in the pop room for the past hour and it has been GLORIOUS.

#WhenWillYourFaves

Sai-kun

Banned
Let's get into FLORRIE. Her new EP, Late, is out today.

florrie_late_400.jpg

Listen to it + her past work on her website. There are even some free downloads for cheapskates like myself. I recommend "Give Me Your Love", but I like everything I've heard so far.
i2JLmrYJRPMf5.gif

YES I AM ALL ABOUT FLORRIE

Experiments was a fantastic EP. Begging me and Experimenting With Rugs are my two favorites. I love her.

I really like this Coldplay demo from the Viva La Vida era: The Fall of Man. The piano is very Coldplay, but the lyrics are kinda funny and not like them. I like it a lot.

Another one I absolutely adore: Death Will Never Conquer. They've played this live a couple times, and it's on their live album, but the drummer, Will Champion, sings it. He's got a fantastic voice, and it has so much personality when played live. I wish it was on an album for real! Here's the live version, with Will singing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom